Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 21:03   #1
BHPian

Sonata Gold..

Hey guys i am looking for a 2nd hand car to upgrade from my '94 maruti 800, which has almost come to the end of its lifecycle, I am a college going fellow so my pocket(my dad's actually :-p) has to kept in mind.

So, I've got an offer from a friend who's deciding to sell off his '05 model Sonata Gold for 4Lacs as he's upgrading and luking to get an accord, SG luks clean frm outside, No major damage visible, Done 35k, FE:10-11, Serviced regularly, Chauffer driven, Looks good, Do you guys think its a gud buy at that price?? and what other factors do i have to consider??

If i do buy it, i'll probably fit it with CNG, As its clearly a petrol guzzler, So sum views on that would also be welcome...

thanx
Old 19th July 2007, 21:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
So, I've got an offer from a friend who's deciding to sell off his '05 model Sonata Gold for 4Lacs as he's upgrading and luking to get an accord, SG luks clean frm outside, No major damage visible, Done 35k, FE:10-11, Serviced regularly, Chauffer driven, Looks good, Do you guys think its a gud buy at that price?? and what other factors do i have to consider??
damn!!!, 4 lakhs for a '05 sonata gold, that sounds fishy. You better check the history of the car.

and also you said FE:10-11, it isnt a gas guzzler. I think you also need to check whether it has sonata engine not an accent's .

raj.
Old 19th July 2007, 22:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest you have the car checked at the service station

4 lac for even a sonata is to low
Old 19th July 2007, 22:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

Sonata gold of that vintage gets around 7-8 in used car market. 4L is too low, so get a mechanic to check it out.
Old 19th July 2007, 22:28   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Is it a GOLD sonata with 17" Rims ?
Old 19th July 2007, 22:34   #6
BHPian

i think the model is the only problem here .there are other sonata's (gold)available in the market with factory fitted cng kits and cost the same but the model must be 2003 at max 2004 model or so.
and the average would never be that much hyundai people when i test drove it told me a max of 10.
Old 20th July 2007, 00:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amannarwal View Post
there are other sonata's (gold)available in the market with factory fitted cng kits
Really? Can you give us some more info about these factory-fit kits please? I don't think they ever had a Sonata CNG version from the factory.
Old 20th July 2007, 00:56   #8
BHPian

isnt sitting in the back seat of a sonata the equivalent of sitting in a fishing boat in the high seas??
atleast that is how i felt on a 50km trip in one.
Old 20th July 2007, 11:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

My friend, even in the word of hard bargains, that is indeed as big a steal as it comes. And sometimes, that can be too good to be true.

Now, should there truly be such a thing as a free lunch, and you get it, I would advise you to hop over to Okhla to Shrimanker Bedini. They are one of the best (and biggest) CNG fitters (OEM for Tata) - fit their kit, which has Lambda sensor and you'd get pretty darn good mileage and power - as satisfactory a solution as they come!

Cheers
Old 20th July 2007, 14:28   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey monaro,
the price for the SG is quite low. The ideal price would be 5L - 5.5L atleast in Mumbai.
Also an FE of 10 - 11 is quite good. We are getting 6 - 7kmpl from our SG and maintainance isn't cheap too.
For a budget of 4L, you can look around for much better buys like an OHC VTEC which would suit your image and budget better.
Old 20th July 2007, 16:10   #11
BHPian

Hi monaro , i am looking at buying a sonata gold, is it possible i can see your friends car? also any 1 else selling a SG 2002 to 2004 plz let me know ...i can't post in market place on team bhp so srry for this post admin
Old 21st July 2007, 01:22   #12
BHPian

Thanx for the help guys, Seems like a good deal, Would take the car to a good mechanic and if it all works out well then probably give in and get it !

Also apparently the Hyundai people were offering 4lacs aswell so decided to offer me first.

Took a test drive too, The acceleration blew me away(maybe i was used to the slow chugging of my 800) and in no time we were in the 100+ zone, So all looks good guys, Would post some pics, and also its not a V6.

Will keep you guys updated.
Old 21st July 2007, 10:45   #13
BHPian

have them do a full service of the car esp..suspension and electronic's and any sought of rusting! also if you come across or know of any other sonata's for sale plz let me know cause i would like to buy 1!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks