Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2007, 11:46   #1
BHPian

Misty violet new honda civic ?

Dear friends
i am decided to buy Honda civic 1.8v MT,only thing holding back is color,i like black but my better half likes misty violet(may be it is closer to black),thyis color is looking good now but i wonder whether it is evergreen color or not?
guys please help me select the colorblack or misty violet or any other color with pros and cons, thanks
Old 21st July 2007, 15:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A cars colour is a very personal choice so its really depends what you / your wife like better.

I dont think anyone else can show you the way to a "better" colour. Just like we cant tell you what to eat for dinner.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2007 at 15:34.
Old 21st July 2007, 15:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

Not too much difference between the colours in terms of pros and cons except that the violet would be slighlty difficult to match at the time of a touch up.

manson.
Old 21st July 2007, 15:33   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
..except that the violet would be slighlty difficult to match at the time of a touch up.
Good point.

merains - even if the paint is touched up, there will be a subtle to perceptible change in the shade between the touched-up and adjoining areas for such colors. Black masks these things quite well.
Old 21st July 2007, 16:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Personally i really like the misty voilet color theyve come out with. My first preference is white, followed by violet and black. Civic looks hot in all of these three colors.
Old 21st July 2007, 17:33   #6
BHPian

Go for it... seems like a nice colour.
Old 21st July 2007, 17:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

There is such a subtle difference between black and the misty violet. Most people would have to look twice or thrice to spot the difference. Maybe in sunlight the difference is visible. Colour is a personal choice, no matter what anyone says, you have to decide.
Old 21st July 2007, 20:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

As long as you can have the car of your choice please indulge your wife by letting her have the color of her choice.
Old 21st July 2007, 22:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Black IMHO is not a very good colour for the Civic. Its my favourite colour but it looks kind of boring on a Civic. If I were you and had to make a choice between the two, id choose the Misty Violet. Black would also be harder to maintain as even a spec of dirt on a black car shows. If its black its gotta be spanking clean. But then again, it for you to decide as colour is a very personal choice.
Old 21st July 2007, 23:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

You had a pertinent point in your question when you asked if the misty violet would be an evergreen colour. I am reminded of those days when the zen was launched in a purple colour (reddish blue). The colour was a major hit when it was launched but was not favoured for long.
Old 22nd July 2007, 02:37   #11
BHPian

AS the history suggests in India every different colour becomes hit but honestly other than general colours they will never ever remain in flavor ,
we have not been able to catch up to the normal colors like RED and yellow Forget other difficult ones ,so as of now it may look cool but imagine what happens if you need to keep this car for more than 2-3 years it might be in thing now but 90 % chances are its going to a big flop after 2-3 years ,i think civic rocks in both white and black and you will not regret if you buy any of these two colours
Old 22nd July 2007, 02:59   #12
BHPian

As pointed out by all, colour is a very personal choice. Anyways if i were you, than i would go with misty violet
Old 22nd July 2007, 03:29   #13
Team-BHP Support

@merais... as GTO has told that about colours the final call is yours... IMO both the colours look stunning on civic.. either way you can't lose.. lol
Old 22nd July 2007, 03:39   #14

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i think you should go for the misty violet.too many black civics on the road,violet is a rare colour.yes,touching up might be an issue but its better to stick with what the mrs. says
Old 22nd July 2007, 08:54   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I see too many white Hondas... yes, it look superb (if kept clean!) but I'd go for something different.

How it is that black seems to show the muck even more than white, I don't know, but it does!

I heard from a Tata salesperson once that black was a harder colour to sell so not so good for resale --- maybe that's a Tamil thing?

And I wanted a gold swift, but we implemented rajneeesh's rule (post 8) and my wife chose the grey!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks