Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 09:13   #1
BHPian

Sub 10-lakh sedan | Honda Amaze Vs Maruti Dzire Vs Hyundai Aura

Which is the best car?. The conditions are

1. Under - 10L (On road) - Boss's choice.
2. White in colour - Wife's Choice.
3. Automatic - My Choice.

It goes without saying that only condition 3 is up for compromise. All inconsequential details like ABS, ICE, Alloy wheels etc may be ignored.

The three shortlisted candidates are:

1. Honda Amaze
2. Hyundai Aura
3. Suzuki Dzire.
srini1785 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 09:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Sub 10-lakh sedan | Honda Amaze Vs Maruti Dzire Vs Hyundai Aura

Can't go wrong with any of the three.

Only the Dzire comes under 10 lakhs for an automatic variant, with the Amaze costing some 20-30k more and the Aura costing 50k more.

The Dzire and Amaze comes in multiple automatic variants, while the Aura has automatic only in the topmost variant. Which means while you can get an automatic Dzire and Amaze cheaper than the Aura automatic, if you go by the top most automatic variant, the Aura is much cheaper than both.

My 2 paisa would be to put the 20-30k more and buy the Amaze S CVT, given the other two are AMTs.
DicKy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 09:55   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Sub 10-lakh sedan | Honda Amaze Vs Maruti Dzire Vs Hyundai Aura

Considering a budget of just 10 lakhs on-road, and your preference towards sedans from your shortlisted cars, and with Automatic being your choice, my recommendations are as follows:

1. Honda Amaze
The Honda Amaze S 1.2 Petrol CVT (priced at 10.49 lakhs on-road Bangalore) is the only one on the list with a proper automatic gearbox "not AMT" and comes out as a reliable and fuss-free car that you can hold for long without any issues. It comes with spacious interiors, a big 420-litre boot, and a refined. The Amaze is the safest choice among the three having scored 4-stars in the GNCAP as well. In my opinion. it should be your go-to choice.

2. Maruti Suzuki Dzire
The Maruti Dzire ZXi AGS (priced at 10.42 lakhs on-road Bangalore) is the most frugal of the lot with the smooth K12 series engine and AGS, The main reasons to go for the Dzire are its mileage, better service network, and spare parts availability. However, safety is poor with it scoring just 2 stars in the GNCAP.

3. Hyundai Aura
The Hyundai Aura SX Plus 1.2 Petrol AMT (priced at 10.63 lakhs on-road Bangalore) has been recently facelifted and is the most feature-rich of the lot, and comes with 4 airbags as standard, TPMS, Reverse camera, cruise control, cooled glove box, LED headlights, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system and almost all the features you could ask for in this budget. So If you want a feature-rich car, the Aura is the way to go. However, safety is similar to the Dzire with it scoring just 2 stars in the GNCAP.

Overall, In my opinion, if you are looking for a safe, reliable, spacious car, with refined motors and a smooth CVT, the Amaze is the way to go. Else, if you are after the latest tech and want a feature-loaded car, the Aura is the best choice, finally, if a frugal motor and better sales and service network are more invaluable to you, then the Dzire is the way to go.
bijims is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 12:56   #4
BHPian

Re: Sub 10-lakh sedan | Honda Amaze Vs Maruti Dzire Vs Hyundai Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post

It goes without saying that only condition 3 is up for compromise. All inconsequential details like ABS, ICE, Alloy wheels etc may be ignored.

The three shortlisted candidates are:

1. Honda Amaze
2. Hyundai Aura
3. Suzuki Dzire.
Dear Srini,

While cars may appear impressive on paper, I strongly recommend test-driving them at least twice before making a decision. I have firsthand experience with a Dzire at home and can attest that its quality falls short, especially when compared to models like the i20. The Dzire's doors feel flimsy, and the ride quality deteriorates after reaching 30,000 miles. Similarly, many Honda Amaze owners on Facebook have noted a lifeless steering feel, a concern shared by Dzire owners as well. Personally, I believe Hyundai does a superior job in terms of basic quality, but it's crucial to take a test drive and consider these factors before making your choice. If you can compromise on the automatic thing then also lookout for the i20, Altroz, nexon, Venue, Sonet. The i20 Auto in the Sportz variant should cost you around 10-10.5
RaSing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post

Amaze is the best out of 3, also the only one offering real automatic.
Benefits:
-Honda cvt more reliable than other amt
-4* safety as per older protocol
-Honda looks better and feels bit more premium

Cons:
-Fewer service centers but shouldn’t be a problem in metros
-Service will be slightly more expensive compared to maruti suzuki

Got a mail yesterday- looks like some offers are going on for Amaze.

Out of box option - Fronx delta amt, will be fresher product overall with slightly better ground clearance, is great looker too.
Attached Thumbnails
Sub 10-lakh sedan | Honda Amaze Vs Maruti Dzire Vs Hyundai Aura-img_8324.png  

sapien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 11:56   #6
BHPian

Apart from your short listed cars, I would suggest take a test drive of i20 also. The price is between approx 7 - 11.20 lakhs ex showroom. Many Bhpians also recommend this car in your budget.

If you can stretch your budget a little just take a test drive of i20 N6 too. It's very VFM and great fun to drive especially on open roads.
Toni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 13:07   #7

I own the Amaze VX CVT since 2021 and have completed 36Kms in it. The car is great for city and decent on the highways. Only issue is the suspension is not great, you feel the bumps and dips on the road lot more.

Still prefer it over the Dzire for the CVT and rear seat comfort.

Last edited by Renaissance Man : 23rd September 2023 at 13:27.
Renaissance Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 13:32   #8
BHPian

Among these three, I would recommend the Amaze. While the Amaze VX is expensive by almost a lakh as compared to the other two, it has the best safety rating ( four stars as compared to two for the others, and even with lesser airbags than Aura), better automatic gearbox, better space management (legroom and bootspace).
If the budget is restricted, I would still go for an Amaze S, for the CVT as compared to the AMTs. There will be a little compromise in terms of creature comforts and fuel efficiency but its worth the smoothness and peace of mind. Do check for discounts and offers on the Amaze, as there are more chances to get them on the Amaze as compared to the other two.
As a second choice, would go for the Aura, as in AMT terms it has one of the smoothest shifting AMT.
the.dogfather is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 14:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

For automatics its a no-brainer really. AMAZE by a long shot.

Stands out from the rest with smooth 1.2 ivtec-CVT combo(only proper automatic), 4* safety. And being a Honda its as reliable as any other car out there.

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd September 2023 at 14:26.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 18:20   #10
BHPian

Amaze all the way for its CVT. The local newspaper here in Jharkhand did mention an extended warranty of up to 10 years if I am not wrong. Fuss-free ownership with a highly reliable gearbox and AMT cannot match CVT in refinement.
drsnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 21:14   #11
BHPian

As the majority says, Amaze is a good choice, it sells well too. You can also consider Tigor, if amt is not an issue, returns good FE.
tiagoatrix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 09:01   #12
BHPian

Hands down, it’s the Amaze - a no nonsense workhorse
ellip5i5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 09:40   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Pls reconsider your choices. All three have poor quality cabins, lousy suspensions, negligible sound insulation and they all age terribly. On top of that, you want it in white. Every chance your car will be mistaken for an Uber or Ola cab. In the sub 10L segment, car prices have only gone upwards but the quality of products has gone south. Tigor is a better choice for personal use on account of sturdier build and better seats and suspensions. That said, the cars to buy, sub 10L, remain Punch, i20, C3, Altroz and the base variant of Venue. Don’t fall far the marketing game of ‘sedan’ and buy inferior and outdated products.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 24th September 2023 at 09:42.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 19:47   #14
BHPian

I would suggest you to consider i20 as an option as well.

Of all the cars available within your specified budget, this has the best interior quality, excellent sound system & sound insulation, reasonably smooth & efficient engine along with spacious interiors.

The 3 options you mentioned are just sedans in name & are a step down compared to i20 in every way except the mileage, which most Maruti's generally are better at than others.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 00:35   #15
BHPian

Dzire is the most spacious among three and most frugal as well.
Aura in BS6, feels lethargic while Amaze suspension is poor.
My choice would be Dzire manual top model in non white color.
AGupta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks