Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:00   #1
VMG
BHPian

Civic - V or S ?

Dear All

I almost decided to go for Civic. Planning to buy a MT version and add on leather seats and fog lamps outside. I think I can save some money on this what do u think? or I can go for 'V' model.
Please let me know some good shop for leather seats and fog lamps & cost also at Chennai.

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:20   #2
BHPian

To my knowledge the difference between a V and regular one (i suppose S) is 70 K. If you install a fog lamp from Honda it costs 18K and additional 35-40 K for stanley leather interiors. Also in the V model you get turn lamps mounted on the rear view mirror. So is it a better idea to opt for V if you are planning on leather seats and Fog lamps?
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest buying the Leather from outside, since the cost is going to be around 24-30k for good quality leather. Fog Lamps I have no idea about but I think the "V" version is a waste of money & the "S" is much more VFM.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:06   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Plus the standard leather is pretty hard.
Old 22nd August 2007, 18:09   #5
BHPian

Buy the "S". Everything else can be fitted later for a lot cheaper. The "V" is a rip-off. Stanley leather will cost you around 24K. After market fogs around 4-5K! So you'll be paying around 35-45K for the turn indicators; a tad too much don't you think? Just imagine that much extra for ICE!!!

Last edited by vikram18 : 22nd August 2007 at 18:09. Reason: typos
Old 22nd August 2007, 18:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Get the S and get what you want afterwards. Thats what I did. Make sure you get Fog fitted at a proper shop, coz improper fitting will get you into trouble with warranty issues.

Leather seats from Stanley range from 25K to 50K. I got it done from Ovion which costs between 20K to 40K.

Chennai traffic is pretty packed, chances of getting the side RVM's with indicatros knocked up is pretty high.

Suggest you get the Fogs fixed at the dealer if you are worried about warranty. Leather go to Ovion or Stanley. Your budget determines what you want.
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

V is worthless. You get good leather and aftermarket fogs for less. And why would you want leather in the first place?

Get the S.

Just a suggestion though. You know your priorities better.
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:29   #8
BHPian

hi i bought a S-MT model as the reasons given above are true,leather can be done after in a excellent manner,fogs in south india i feel not required, indicator lights on ORVM is a gimmick, Ipod connector with a 6 CD changer available is not called for. so i thought S-MT is sure VFM,just go for it man !
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:39   #9
BANNED

my personal way is collect all the money needed to get a purple one in auto f1 mode. i know its expensive but i dont buy cars every 3 years. so id buy the V version and use and love it for a decade....
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:43   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Buy the "S". Everything else can be fitted later for a lot cheaper. The "V" is a rip-off. Stanley leather will cost you around 24K. After market fogs around 4-5K! So you'll be paying around 35-45K for the turn indicators; a tad too much don't you think? Just imagine that much extra for ICE!!!
after market fogs for my city are for 18000 from honda one reason i dint buy them. so are u ppl saying that what honda sells we can get the same one from outside and install if yes im interested hehehe
Old 22nd August 2007, 23:44   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
after market fogs for my city are for 18000 from honda one reason i dint buy them. so are u ppl saying that what honda sells we can get the same one from outside and install if yes im interested hehehe
YES! You can get everything Honda sells, if not better and FAR cheaper...just look around and I'm sure you'll get whatever catches your fancy
Old 23rd August 2007, 00:23   #12
BHPian

I think go for s Version if one increases costs like this then slowly one will come close to a Accord which is much bigger brother and offers many more things than the civic
Old 23rd August 2007, 01:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Me too thinks get the S and then add the leather and fogs(though they dont help much, more show)
Old 23rd August 2007, 01:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Me too thinks get the S and then add the leather and fogs(though they dont help much, more show)
They do, when you put xenons in them
Old 23rd August 2007, 01:41   #15

U can save a lot!! go for 'S'

It would be a better choice to go in for S and get all the rest fitted from outside or the dealer itself.. this speaking from personal experience as i purchased my civicAT in Feb 07 when the v model was not available.. rates are as follows
1. fog lamps purchased for 3.8k n 500 extra for fitting (these are already available in two qualities at Honda dealers one for 8k n the other for 16 k approx)
2. leather seats available according to your budget starting from artificial leather approx 11k and total upholstery for anything between 24k to 50k including door panels (Also in Indian weather the S fabric seats are preferable, only problem they get dirty fast but so do the leather ones)
3. side mirror indicators available at dealers as accessory for 7k ( but wouldn't advice as damage is certain in traffic and expensive to replace)
4. only thing i couldn't find in the market is the original aux i pod cable.. but searching for it and should be available soon.
Also the colour purple is only available in the V variant

so you have upgraded your S model to V and also saved around 25 K which can be spent on fitting other goodies like xenon lamps, spoiler, interior ambient lights etc
hope this helps u make your choice n enjoy your civic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks