Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2007, 14:47   #16

Thanks a lot to all of your guys for your valuable feedback. I test drove three more cars, optra magnum(diesel), Mitsubishi cedia and Honda civic. Optra seems to be a good car, even will diesel engine it's got a very silent cabin. A very comfortable car for driver and passengers. I really did not like the power steering of optra, feels too heavy. I also feel the old optra looked better.

Coming to Cedia now, my wife and I really liked the colour(aston grey) displayed at the showroom. Car looks awesome from front and smart from sides and rear. Driving Cedia was a pleasant experience, smooth gear shifting, great pickup and a very light power steering makes driving very easy. Wifey did not find the rear seats of cedia comfortable and I must say they could have done a better job here. If I were to buy a car for personal use only and not for family use, I would have booked Cedia then and there itself. I tried to convince the lady that rear seat isre not that bad etc, although I am myself not convinced.

Coming to civic, very impressive car indeed, looks great from outside as well as inside. seats are as comfortable as a sofa, very spacious, loaded with lots of features. prime honda is walking distance from my home, so service is also not a problem, all the experts on TV and magazines recommend it over just about anything.

So, have I made my decision? probably yes, I have almost decided to buy .....no not civic but "Corolla". Although the seats of Civic are like sofa but the ride is not as comfortable as in Corolla. Corolla just floats on the road as if there were no potholes etc.

the only doubt left in my mind now is, is it okay to buy a car in now? although I said I don't care much about resale vaule but won't it be wise to buy it in the new year. I also read that new Corolla is expected to hit the roads in 2008, should I wait for the new model?

Surender
Old 25th November 2007, 20:54   #17
BHPian

Wise to wait (if possible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surender_dinkar View Post
the only doubt left in my mind now is, is it okay to buy a car in now? although I said I don't care much about resale vaule but won't it be wise to buy it in the new year. I also read that new Corolla is expected to hit the roads in 2008, should I wait for the new model?

Surender
It would be wise to wait if possible, and if you arent worried about resale you cannot go wrong with the old model Corolla but wait for the new model launch and get additional discounts (must be atleast 1lac min).
Old 26th November 2007, 12:33   #18
BHPian

The New Corolla looks very good, and I would think waiting for that to come is worth...
I think the Optra Magnum is also a very good choice as it is rated as a better car than Octavia by Team BHP
Old 27th November 2007, 02:18   #19

Bud - For someone who upgraded from a medium car to an aspirational (big?) car and who spent almost 3 months test driving here's some first hand info

1. I bought a cedia - thats what the simulated decisioning system would have suggested - with F/E, Power, Interior, Build Quality, Driving pleasure lineage etc

2. I considered an Aveo - when I had this thought of saving some money and thought I am indulging too much - But face it, I am a spender! - Good car, well priced, nice styling built better than fords and the hyundais

3. I did not consider a Magnum - Heard that the diesel is a good race horse..Don't like the looks which are very heavy though..

4. City - Liked the engine - butis flimsy on the build - a scratch on a cedia or an aveo is a dent on a city - I think the metal guage is on the lower side..

So the suggestion is Test Drive Cedia - If you don't like what you are experiencing, get into a GM delaer - The optra or aveo should do it..

Regards,
Manu.
Old 27th November 2007, 07:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey,
Since you like the Corolla, go for it.
However, it would make more sense for you to wait for the new corolla though that would take some time.
I suggest emailing toyota and asking for more information regarding the launch of the new Corolla.
Which Cedia model did you see? I personally loved the Cedia Spirit and Sports with the leather seats.
Old 27th November 2007, 08:26   #21
BHPian

I would suggest you to TD Cedia Sports.Cedia is really good better than corolla i would say.You cannot throw away the decision not to buy a cedia only because back seat is not comfortable.Overall cedia is a very good car.
Old 27th November 2007, 09:22   #22
BHPian

The new Corolla will take some time to be launched and will be in a higher price bracket. Toyota is offering generous discounts on the car, so go ahead with Corolla. Its a smooth, spacious car. Anyways Toyota will have fairly good resale value.
Old 27th November 2007, 10:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

guys,
corolla is a good car ,but i like the civic more than the corolla.we are comfy inside both cars but looks does matter when spending 10L on a car.i bet on civic regarding that and civic is even better looking than the hyped new corolla -had seen the pic of it in some mag.and he has the honda service next door too ,thats also an advantage.

go for civicccc.i used to think of it almost every day -had it had a diesel engine ,

ram
Old 10th December 2007, 18:24   #24

Well guys, I couldn't wait anymore and booked my Corolla this Saturday.

cheers
Surender

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks