Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 18:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
in the baleno rarely do any big parts conk out and other parts are always in stock.
One of my friends had a problem with his steering column and had to wait for 2 months to get it. Now that its out of production, not all parts are in stock. I presume this also varies from city to city.
Old 27th September 2007, 14:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
One of my friends had a problem with his steering column and had to wait for 2 months to get it. Now that its out of production, not all parts are in stock. I presume this also varies from city to city.

The parts for Baleno is almost as expensive as for OHC or Lancer, so i dont feel a point to go for it.
If Baleno is recommended for Resale value, i am not concerned for it..

Can anyone help me with the rate of Lancer/OHC 1.5 in Mumbai.
I guess a 2004 model is an ideal buy..
Wizards please help me.. I am a complete Newbie...
Old 27th September 2007, 15:00   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Steering column parts are available off the shelf. Don't know why your friend was made to wait for 2 months. Which dealer is this? I know it because I need to place an order for a few parts for the steering column and everything is in stock.
Old 27th September 2007, 15:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Can anyone help me know the model of the Lancer/OHC 1.5 that i'll get for the price i said (3.5lacs) in Mumbai.
I checked with a nearby 2nd hand dealer. He s quoting 3.9lac for a 2004 Lancer.

And how old s a 2nd hand car ok to buy?
Planning to keep it for 2 to 3yrs mostly.

If anybody can help me find a good piece in Mumbai i'll be really grateful..
Hi Manjo,

Check Used Cars, New Cars, Buy Car, Sell Car, New Car Pricing, Used Car Values, Automobiles, Car loan, Used cars for sale, used car - CarWale.com India for tentative prices of the cars. You can negotiate with the dealer accordingly.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 27th September 2007, 16:29   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
which friend are you talking about and which dealership? I had to wait for two months for a rear wheel tie rod which had to be shipped from Japan as it was a component that rarely needs replacement. Mine got bent due to the sheer ignorance of a service center guy who thought the tie rod to be convenient mounting point
Old 27th September 2007, 16:33   #21
Team-BHP Support

@manjo - you will get a newer baleno at a better price than the OHCs. It is quite cheap to maintain and most fuel efficient among these. Plus you will get maruti service assurance. But if you cannot live with the looks of a baleno then the next option would be go for a lancer as it is still a looker.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:27   #22
BHPian

Check out the accent too. Rear legroom is an issue,but a trouble free car otherwise. And since its not a car for performance hungry drivers, it may not be abused that hard (assumption)

Overall the cars in this range: (other than the Baleno and OHC which have already been recommended):

1. Opel corsa (high maintenance is what I hear)
2. Ford Ikon : really comfortable (high maintenance)
3. Maruti esteem: Can get car with very little use for that price.
4. Tata Indigo: Best legroom and comfort.
5. Hyndai Accent

From the above, I would go for Tata Indigo or Hyundai Accent (Both these cars are still in the Market and that I feel is a very important factor to consider. You will never know when the company can turn its back on the older cars)
Old 27th September 2007, 23:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

First of all, I really doubt you will get a second hand Baleno. Its gonna be one wild goose chase for sure.
Old 27th September 2007, 23:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
which friend are you talking about and which dealership? I had to wait for two months for a rear wheel tie rod which had to be shipped from Japan as it was a component that rarely needs replacement. Mine got bent due to the sheer ignorance of a service center guy who thought the tie rod to be convenient mounting point
Oops I thought it was the steering column. Mistake Mistake .
Old 28th September 2007, 11:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
The one i saw was a GLXd model. Can you tell me what is the upper hand for the 'SFX' models please.. And approx. how much will a 3yr old one cost!!
The sfx model interiors have a different finish. Carbon fibre has been used. You get body skirts and spoiler with the sfx which are very very cool. The sfx comes in yellow and ferrari red which give the lancer a totally different look. I am not a diesel guy so have no idea about the GLXd. If you don't mind paying a little more for your gas bills then just find yourself a sfx. Mind you, You won't find one very easily.

Cheers
Old 28th September 2007, 13:05   #26
BHPian

Demo Baleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
First of all, I really doubt you will get a second hand Baleno. Its gonna be one wild goose chase for sure.
Well, if that was to be in Delhi, I could have referred you to Pasco Automobiles-Used cars in Gurgaon - Udyog Vihar. One of my friends recently checked one of their demo Baleno Early 2006 Model, clocked 3000 kms and I think the finaly negotiation [which did not get materialize] was 4.4 Lacs driveaway. Seemed to be a good price to me.. But it might be higher than the price Manu is looking at. Well Manu have you tried any demo cars which dealors might have on list?
Old 28th September 2007, 13:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendi View Post
One of my friends recently checked one of their demo Baleno Early 2006 Model, clocked 3000 kms
Since its a demo car, u will have to multiply 3000 kms by a factor of 5-10.. Becoz every one of those kilometers would have been a torture test, especially if driven by T-BHPians
Old 28th September 2007, 13:38   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
The sfx model interiors have a different finish. Carbon fibre has been used.
I think it must be some cheap carbon fibre imitation. Carbon fibre is QUITE expensive. Though I have not sat in a Sfx I have my doubts over it.
Old 16th October 2007, 01:59   #29
BHPian

@redsfx - Liked the SFX model. Searched a lot for a good piece, but all where 2000/01 model with a mileage of 75K+, which i dont think is a good choice as i need to keep it for 2/3 years.
Decided to wait for a good SFX.
So taking a bike for the meantime (Avenger 200).
Old 16th October 2007, 09:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He s quoting 3.9lac for a 2004 Lancer.
If its a diesel , I think the price is fine .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks