Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2004, 23:52   #1
BHPian

New Car

Hello all,
I live in Bangalore and work for a software firm. I have joined this group few weeks back since my friend insisted that I should check this out before buying a car. Now I am really grateful to him and all you guys out there at Team-BHP. I have thoroughly enjoyed your discussions, reviews and comments.
And finally I have decided to buy a Fiat Petra(petrol). But when I checked with the dealer(Sundaram motors) here came to know that they dont give any discount other than Rs.5000 worth accessories. Can I go ahead buy it? Any advises?
-Sivadas
Old 9th November 2004, 00:02   #2

yup petra is a good car as long as you are not worried about fuel consumption.
Old 9th November 2004, 00:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Firestarter @ Nov. 08 2004,21:32)]yup petra is a good car as long as you are not worried about fuel consumption.
and fiats past record.
Old 9th November 2004, 00:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sure go ahead and get the Petra. Damn good car.
Don't know how good/bad the bangalore dealer is but at least here in Mumbai, i haven't had any problems getting my car serviced with fiat authorised dealers.
Good choice. Great engine and performance.
Caution: the build quality, ride, performance..all these features can get you addicted to the car! If you are not much of a European car fan (like i was pre-palio) then i must tell you - be ready to become a european car fan now!
Old 9th November 2004, 02:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

When i was shopping for my palio, the dealer in Hyd told that there are no discounts on Diesels but Petrol cars has some discounts on them. You should get some corporate discount. For my Palio D too, they were giving Rs.5000/- worth of accessories for free and no further discounts. I managed to increase the free goodies to 7000.

Anyway, you made a great choice. Congrats.
Old 9th November 2004, 14:03   #6
BHPian

The Petra is one cool car , and yeah definitely *addictive ! The build quality and ride are best in class .

As for fuel consumption , I drive in chennai mostly in a very congested part of the city . I am get around 8 kmpl . On the highway its a lot better i havent measure exactly but somewhere around 12-14 is what i get.

Performance ,and how stable and safe the way the car feels at high speeds is a big plus point. i have done 140 kmph and even at that speed it feels like you are sitting in your living room sofa - not a sweat

-Beetle
Old 9th November 2004, 15:45   #7
BHPian

What was the on-road price they were quoting???
Old 9th November 2004, 16:01   #8
BHPian

It is 5.54. And Rs. 5000 worth accessories.
Old 9th November 2004, 16:45   #9
BHPian

Petra is a good car and comes at an unbeatable price.
Sundaram Motors, on the other hand have a terrible reputation in Bangalore.
Old 10th November 2004, 01:17   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

first of all
the petra is a good choice.
its fast, comfortable, safe, sturdy etc...
the discount is not very good but at the price they are selling it, i would not mind if they did not give me any discount ...
i suppose u are buying it from sundaram motors which has a horrible rep as said earlier.
nevertheless, i advise u not to take any crap from them and be firm when dealing with them if they tend to get a bit pushy or slow in their dealings ...
also check the car out thoroughly before taking the delivery and if there is any fault, do not accept the car or take a written letter assuring u of the car being replaced or repaired if it is something minor
Old 10th November 2004, 19:54   #11

Hi All,
Joined today and this forum is highly informative. Have been reading lot of auto magazines and they all suggested Petra as one of the best cars in the 5 lakh segment. I have been dealing with Sundaram Motors in Bangalore and they are quite ok. I am almost close to finalizing the deal but the horror stories of Fiat just keeps cropping up. Well, I think Fiat is trying to avoid it's mistakes and I'm willing to take a chance as reviews about this car is very good. There are no discounts offered in Bangalore except Rs.5000 worth accessories.
Bottom line -- I think we can go for the car & thanks for all the test drive/ review notes.
Regards,
Anand
Old 10th November 2004, 22:21   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

well anand
congratulation on your new car
horror stories do keep on cropping up but nevertheless, fiat is trying to improve
in the paper today - bombay times i think
it was written something about a free music system and insurance or something like that on the petra
im not sure but it could bet the petra diesel
Old 10th November 2004, 23:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anand and sivadas on your new purchases! The Petra is one really good car. Sadly, Fiat lacks the brand image.
But, nevertheless Petra is one helluva car!
Old 14th November 2004, 19:04   #14
BANNED

hiiii sividas,
the petra is good car but its fuel efficeny and dealer network is sumthing not to be talkin *abt to be gud. though the car is gud..: *it should have atleast 10000 discount if not more as the car is not quick on sales.. also u can check out the other options in the segment like the Accent GLE at 5.05 laks exshowroom and new esteem.. all the best for ur decision *[IMG]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks