Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2004, 21:03   #1

One more 5lac car question?

Hi all,
Me too new here, but have been closely watching..
I test drove (with wife) Petra, Ikon, Indigo
Saw Getz, couldn't digest high price and ignorance of dealer
Considered Esteem (for what ever worth) but could not fit into it (I am too big or the car is too small?)
Came home made a MSXL sheet of all tech facts, They pointed me to Petra

Now Test drives,
Indigo Quality Put me off
Ikon: Can af'Ford' 1.3 flair, Under powered, Bumpy ride, Engine noise is heard too loud from inside, wife didnt like it
Petra : Ride is very impressive, good power, local dealer was courteous, etc... Did I get biased??
I booked a petra(though I didn't get the 20K discount GTO mentioned) Now more confused

Fiat Sales is down again by 47% every one sold more than what they sold last year.. Is Fiat going to close shops.. *Please Help.. Should I take bak th booking Do I have any other car I have not thought of (cant stretch the budget too far) I know Fiat is a risk, is it worth???
Old 25th November 2004, 21:23   #2

Got to see Accent GLE as well..Hyundai are 2nd largest in India
Old 26th November 2004, 14:31   #3

THNX , I felt a little too cramped at the back, again the same dealer issue.. They said they dont have a car for test drive!!
Old 26th November 2004, 16:23   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

go for petra
im sure they arenot planning on closing down as they have just invested quite a lot and if some one could just help me out with the figure im sure fiat is not going to waste a bucketload of money and just give up hope
besides they are going to launch a new palio, a new petra, the panda in the next one year and the are trying to improve their strategy too - ads, banners, improving a.s.s.
so just go for the petra and leave all your worries alone
besides a said by GTO, hes willing to go get the petra even if fiat shuts down and will even service it himself for its price
the 20000 was a limited period offer but if u bargain well u should be able to get it
Old 27th November 2004, 00:41   #5

DRC - You are right..when suggesting Accent, I fergot you are too big[b]
must have found it difficult even in the driver seat.
I agree with Lambo..if you like Petra need not worry about Fiat closing their shop in India..but ensure that the dealer has the following :
1. well equipped service station to deal with all your maint needs including accicent jobs - have a detailed visit to the worshp
2. Service staff appears well qualified - ask the mechanics some tech quastions
3. Most important-Ascertain that general attitude of the staff is positive and helpful. It is not enough that they are courteous when you are only a prospective customer..meet the workshop manager as well & open some conversation..you could ask him something..for example..whether he can look at some problem with your present car which is of different make ? Most probably he cannot oblige..but how he conveys this will tell you about their attitude.

Keep informing progress..

godbole
Old 27th November 2004, 01:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Is Fiat going to close shops..
Frankly, it's difficult for anyone to answer this question. Fiat seems to be making the right noises about service , ownership expereince etc. They also came in 3rd in the J.D.Power SSI survey. But then slipped in last in the CSI survey! At this moment i don't think Fiat has any plans to shut shop in India. Noone can ignore the Indian and Chinese markets right now and if they pull out now then they will close all doors for a re-entry a few years down the line. Besides, they plant to launch the new palio and petra, panda and maybe even idea. Also, their fantastic Multi-jet diesel engines will be powereing their cars in 2006. Imagine the palio with it's superb ride quality and handling and solid build with that multi-jet engine!
I'd say don't worry about fiat. Just go and buy the car.
I have owned a palio for over a year and so far I have been very happy with the service provided by the dealers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks