Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2004, 03:31   #1

By the way friends, I am also in the thick of a jungle of details I have collected for deciding a suitable replacement for my old maruti800. And rather than helping me for a decision, more details are only making me more indecisive. So somebody help me please...
My first preferance-a multi utility vehile.. but I have a budget too. so Fiat Adventure and beyond are out, leaving Corsa-swing and Indigo-Marina (petrol only-my monthly running around 600 km only).
If these odd things in indian car scene get voted out for insufficient VFM or risky propositions then my 2nd preference - mid size sedans..In this I have Petra, Corsa and Accent on my short list.
Hope I have given a fairly complicated puzzle to solve..anybody?
This message i included while commenting on a similar topic..nobody notices..hence thought of opening a new topic myself..hope this draw your attention
Old 25th November 2004, 14:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

err..
if u can put it in a poll it will be simpler to see
my choice is marin then petra
see ikon if u like it
if u have to buy corsa then only go for the elite as the others just not worth it
cheers
lambo
Old 26th November 2004, 15:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Like lambo said - poll would be a lot simpler...

Saloon Choice - Petra
Great car, very good ride and handling, solid build quality but bad aftersales service.

Other cars
Corsa - dull to drive and spare parts expensive. But ride is exceptionally good.

Accent - not a great handler, pedestrian performance in the petrol version but a decent car and after sales service is great.

Station Wagons
Both the swing and marina are good cars, but the swing has less space than the marina and is more expensive to mantain as spare parts of the marina are cheaper than that of the swing. So i would go for the marina and it offers better value for money.

Drifter

Old 26th November 2004, 16:05   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

what about baleno
i think its around the same price of the swing
if u want something exclusive then go for ikon anniv or corsa elite otherwise my choice is petra and indigo marina but do go for diesel as it is better than the petrol sibling and if u can please try to get better tyres for both the cars , marina specially
Old 26th November 2004, 23:47   #5

First things first..
Ford is already out for me..1.3Flair short on horses..EXI overpriced in its class.
Not particularly looking for huge space in Station Wagons..rather like a vehicle which can be an office going car and also double up as a weekender.
If I can manage 1.6 swing for 50 grand more than 1.4 marina (petrol), would it not be attractive?
You mention that Corsa-spare parts are costly.. any indicators showing this partly gets compensated by less frequent repair jobs? I here Tata vehicles are regular visitors to workshop..
Accent appears to be out of favour..will probably keep at the end of my list.
Baleno ex-shrm is far beyond my budget..I hear some discounts are possible..I think I must explore..
Your comments are really helping me to see clearer..

godbole
Old 27th November 2004, 01:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

my choice:
Station wagons : Corsa Swing. If you were looking at diesels than it would be marina. Swing is a much better built car and as you rightly said less prone to repairs etc. CAUTION: Resale value of station wagon is ZERO.

Sedan: Petra.

by the way, how important is re-sale value to you? Many people say that Fiat's are depreciation disasters. But a Petra will still fetch you a better price than any station wagon in India!

Old 17th December 2004, 22:36   #7

Hi friends,
Meeting after a long gap due to revamping of our site.
And in the meantime I had finalised on Fiat Petra 1.6 & already took delivery yesterday. Only concern to be addressed was dealer service. The dealer here appears to be very helpful & expect no problems on service except that they don't have experience due to very thin Petra population.
Total on road cost was Rs. 5.25 Lacs.-this covered in dash CD player, front fog lights.
I have a few questions.
1) I notice some rust on exhaust pipe. Is is very common ? Or should I insist on rectifying this ?
2) Fog lights come on with side lights and there is no separate swith. User manual mentions about separate swith for Fog Lights..but Fog lights are not standard on this petra (at least petrol version). Can this be rectified ?

godbole

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks