Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2007, 17:15   #1
BHPian

Used Lancer GLXi. Pl advice

Hi all,

Things are happening too fast for my comfort these days.

After buying Spark, I was in no mood to buy another car atleast for an year. But as things turned out, I came across a used Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi, Petrol, 2003 model. It has run only 26k (genuine). Additional fittings include Kenwood cassette player, Sony Amplifier and four speakers. The guy is moving to Australia and the car is in good condition. FYI, my daily running is around 40 to 50 kms.

I would appreciate your feedback as regards the following:

a) Price of 3.25 Lacs (Is it good? I have heard Lancers have low resale value)

b) Is this car costly to maintain? Pardon if this question appears stupid. This will be my first sedan and I have absolutely no idea on Lancer's maintainence.

c) Any Lancer owners from Pune, who could share their experience with the dealer (J Williams)?
Old 29th November 2007, 02:37   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
FYI, my daily running is around 40 to 50 kms.
Calls for a Diesel vehicle. How much do I miss using a Diesel, my running being nearly same as yours.

Quote:
a) Price of 3.25 Lacs (Is it good? I have heard Lancers have low resale value)
Too high for a Lancer. I wouldn't pay anything more than 2.60 for this car. Anywhere between 2.25 to 2.60 lakhs is a good price IMO.

Quote:
b) Is this car costly to maintain? Pardon if this question appears stupid. This will be my first sedan and I have absolutely no idea on Lancer's maintainence.
Not really sure about spare part prices but I believe any car is cheap to maintain provided you know what you are doing and aren't ignorant of timely services.

Quote:
c) Any Lancer owners from Pune, who could share their experience with the dealer (J Williams)?
Amey is one. But he has a Diesel lancer which has done a couple of lakhs of kms. He is the ultimate Lancer guy.
Old 29th November 2007, 09:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey lancer is a good car specially the petrol,i dont like the diesel for lack of power.the parts price have come drastically down as well as the quality.the price would be on a bit higher side.2.75-3 would be ok.but there is a point i have to make.a cassette player and an amp combination is hard to belive.i am damn sure that the guy have replaced a cd player for a cassette player and the guy would never leave india.thats the picture i get from what you have told.

ram
Old 29th November 2007, 10:52   #4
BHPian

I think it is a good car though I drove the Luxury Edition. I think you should try getting that as it has good comfort. The Ride is pretty good too.
Old 29th November 2007, 10:56   #5
VMG
BHPian

I used to have a lancer petrol from 2000 Jan to 2004 Jan. Done about 44k and sold it for 3.85L in 2004 Jan. I spent Rs.17000/- ( includes new battery changed at 42K ) towards maintenance.
Very good car and no issues at all. Service wise, I am happy with ACT Chennai.(presenlty I have a Cedia sports). One of the reason I bought Cedia because of Lancer's performance and maintenance cost.
Old 29th November 2007, 11:37   #6
BHPian

@ Moral Fibre,

I was inclined to go for diesel too, for, I have driven Indica since 2001. But I guess, the fatigue factor (on hatchs) has set in, esp with Spark being the latest additon to the stable. I am looking for a sedan now. Will a used Accent CRDi or Fiesta Duratorq be available in my budget of approx 3.0L?

@ Ram,

Thanks for pointing it out. I will surely do a proper check before finalising the deal.

@ Super Cars and VMG,

Thanks for your reply.

@Mods,
After how many posts do I come out of pre-mod?
Old 30th November 2007, 14:46   #7
BHPian

@Ram,

Just checked with the owner. He also has a 10 CD changer in the boot to go with the casette player.

Carwale.com values this car at 3.60L. I am giving him an offer of 2.8 lacs today afternoon, with a margin of 15k-20k to negotiate.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks
Old 1st December 2007, 01:52   #8

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

a friend picked up a used 1999 lancer glxi petrol from lajpat nagar,delhi for 1.85Lac including registration,insurance etc.the car has done 79k kms and is in a pretty good condition.
Old 1st December 2007, 13:11   #9
BHPian

I am not sure about prices in pune but 3 lacks for well maintained car is a good price going below that would be like turning off the seller if the car is really in great shape as you mentioned ,so go and grab it maintenance is not to high as it was previously
Old 2nd December 2007, 13:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

I had a Lancer GLXi 1999 with me till 2004. Sparingly used and had 37K on the odo when sold. No issues and regularly serviced at Asian Motors, Delhi. The only item changed in that were the 2 side RVMs as they were stolen at a parking slot.

Fetched 2.3L in 2004 when sold in Delhi as it had a MH registration.
Old 2nd December 2007, 14:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

If it's well maintained, then < 3L is a good price. Especially because of the low mileage. Just make sure it isn't an accident car. Would suggest you pay a trusted mechanic to give the car a close going over.
I own a Lancer GLXi (2000 model) and am in love with it. It's an awesome car to have. I just hope the HM A.S.S in Pune is better than Calcutta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks