Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:38   #1
BHPian

Which car for ~7.5lacs?

Hi,

I've been researching cars in 7-8 lacs OTR price range for about a couple of months now & still not able to make up my mind.

The expected usage would be just around 100 (hundred) KMs a month in city and an odd 300-400 KM highway journey once in 2 or 3 months. This car would be retained by us for quite a long time.

I've checked out Verna, Aveo, SRV, SX4, City. I understand that a diesel engine is not justified by my requirements but I'm not averse to buying a diesel car.

Following are the things that are bothering me about each of these cars:

Verna: The dealer, Sunrise Hyundai didn't seem interested in selling a petrol Verna. Even I don't see many petrol Vernas on road. But somehow I feel Verna Xi is better than SX4 VXi. What really is the problem in a petrol Verna?

Aveo: Perhaps the best interiors in class. But confused between 1.4LS Ltd Edition and the 1.6LT (with or without option pack?). The dealer only had 1.4 for the test drive. How much is the performance difference between 1.6 & 1.4?

SRV: I think overpriced for the package. Small boot.

SX4: Good VFM car but absolutely shabby interiors. How better are they in the Leather option? Are the door trims done in leather too in that case or just the seat covers?

City: The most overpriced package of the lot. Highly underpowered. And also my low usage doesn't need those few (only 1-2) extra KMs that it can pull in a litre.

The one car that has caught my attention is the Lancer Cedia. It looks like a really good car with nice interiors & good performance too. But it would stretch my budget quite a lot as I don't want to finance this purchase.

I'm also waiting for some new models to be launched & hoping that there would be some tax cuts for the mid size cars in this budget. I can wait 2-3 months for it.

So people please help me making up my mind on what to do. It would be really helpful if you could answer some of the questions that I have listed for the cars above.

Also you could perhaps suggest me some other cars that I've not looked at; sedan/hatch, petrol/diesel anything.

Thanking in advance,
Ronline
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

There are similar threads on te forum - please do a search

Thread closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks