Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 16:40   #1
BHPian

Finally Short listed following

As I will be saying goodbye to my 2003 April Corsa by March 08 (Very solid car, No rattles,no problems 38K kms), I have short listed following cars.
I will be shifting to hatch-back as 90% times I am the only occupant (Rear seat of my Corsa has not been used more than 20-30 time in last 5 years). My budget 6.0 L in Mumbai. My priorities:(in that order)

1) Safety: ABS + Airbags (atleast ABS) 2) Refinement in Engine 3) Good build Quality 4)Good A/C without powerloss 5) Good suspension to overcome speed brakers, 6) Good or Acceptable service 7) Good Milage 8) Resale Value

Short Listed cars (They are not in priority order)

1) Spark LT with Option Pack

2) Swift Zxi (New)

3) Getz prime 1.3 GLX

4) Fabia 1.2 Petrol Classic

5) Palio 1.3 MJD wityh ABS/ABG (if pricing is reasonable )

6) Hyundai i10 Magna (O)

Palio is the only Diesel. I have not included 1.6 Sport as my TD with Fortune Cars was fiasco. I am still including Palio MJD because it may satisfy all conditions except service angle and I really like Palio. I have not included Swift Vxi(ABS) as I find it not VFM as my montly running is only about 650kms. Please tell me your opinion+Which dealer in Mumbai?+ What Can I expect for my Corsa(Well maintained) + Is it advisable to sell it dealer as exchange.
Old 31st January 2008, 16:56   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd say you should skip the diesels, as your running is pretty low. Between the Spark and the i10, I'd say go for the i10. Between the Swift and the Getz, it is your personal preference....the Swift being better to drive, while the Getz is nicer to live with.
Old 31st January 2008, 17:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

the i10 surprised me quite a bit in being roomy and comfortable. Good driving position, and it comes with the goodies you need within your budget.
the swift Zxi only comes with ABS / airbags, dont know if that comes in your budget.
Old 31st January 2008, 18:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Swift ZXi is a great all rounder. More loaded and has safety features.

Getz 1.3 gets my second vote. Much more roomier than a Swift.
Old 31st January 2008, 19:10   #5
BHPian

of the options - id go for the swift zxi, it meets almost all your need(especially abs/airbags).

plus

its exciting to drive, has got ample space up front(not that great at the back), fun to drive, excellent reliabilty/after sales/resale value and quite fuel efficient.
Old 31st January 2008, 19:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

If the rides are just within city get i10.

If have a family get Getz.; but then you don't get airbags right?

Else, Swift ZXi.

Swift VXi commands better resale value than ZXi.
Old 31st January 2008, 19:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

i would prefer swift zxi for the abs ,airbag,climate control,integrated stereo with stearing control,rear wiper,seat height adj for driver,electrically controled ORVM AND good after sales service
i would prefer i10 for the fresh look,pretty good features though not upto the swift zxi mark but you are paying for it in the swift.
swift is a bigger car than i10 -but depends on your usage-city or highway to get the parking advantage for the smaller car.bigger car has the advantage of more stable on highways.
i10 would be more fuel efficient than the swift but your running is low -so overall cost incured would be less.
now take a decission after seing both cars and test driving them for a pretty long distance.
ram
Old 31st January 2008, 19:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Considering the fact that you used to own a Corse and have a budget of 6lakhs I think its really between the Fabia, Swift and Getz. Considering the fact that safety is a priority i think you should decide between the zxi and the Fabia since the Getz doesnt come with Airbags.

Last edited by khanak : 31st January 2008 at 19:29.
Old 31st January 2008, 19:48   #9
BHPian

In this order -
1. Swift ZXi
2. Getz
3. Fabia
Old 31st January 2008, 19:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes as follows in order of preference:

1) Swift Zxi.
2) Getz.
3) Palio 1.3 MJD.
4) i10.

Would hve recommended Fabia but it will overshoot your budget.
Old 31st January 2008, 20:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Cartech, sorry to play the devils advocate, but why are you selling the Corsa? With only 38k so far, and 650km a month, you dont really need a new car.

My suggestion: Keep the corsa for a year longer. Invest the money you've kept aside for the new car. A year later, with the launch of the Nano, Linea, Punto, etc.... the car prices will come down drastically. Get your new car then. Right now, you're about to plonk some big bucks for ABS and airbags. So, wait for a bit.

I'm assuming there are no issues with the Corsa. So, maybe you could spruce it up a bit, get some new covers, do a touch up and polish, get her into great shape, and she should serve you well for some more time for sure.
Old 31st January 2008, 22:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
i would prefer swift zxi for the abs ,airbag,climate control,integrated stereo with stearing control,rear wiper,seat height adj for driver,electrically controled ORVM AND good after sales service
i would prefer i10 for the fresh look,pretty good features though not upto the swift zxi mark but you are paying for it in the swift.
swift is a bigger car than i10 -but depends on your usage-city or highway to get the parking advantage for the smaller car.bigger car has the advantage of more stable on highways.
i10 would be more fuel efficient than the swift but your running is low -so overall cost incured would be less.
now take a decission after seing both cars and test driving them for a pretty long distance.
ram
Does Swift ZXI come with electronically controlled ORVM? Was this a new addition to the swift this year? Maruti website still doesn't show the new features.
Old 31st January 2008, 23:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Does Swift ZXI come with electronically controlled ORVM? Was this a new addition to the swift this year? Maruti website still doesn't show the new features.
its not mentioned in the brochure for the new model - listed as "internally adjusted ORVM" for all three variants (lxi, vxi, zxi)
Old 31st January 2008, 23:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Out of all the cars and looking at your requirements i would suggest you the Swift Zxi. The I10 Magna is a little overpriced and the Fabia wont be cheap ti maintain.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well. The only two options that come to my mind after seeing your requirements is the Swift Petrol (Zxi) and the i10 Magna(thats the highest variant right).

Personally i think you would feel the swift slightly stiff on the suspension side. Eespecially after a Opel, you would probably find the pastics a slightly cheap. I would suggest the i10. Its the best small car in terms of features, quality of plastics used, interrior looks, suspension set up and power delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks