Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2005, 01:51   #1
Team-BHP Support

superbly confused

hey people wassup ,
planning to buy a car to replace my accent ( which i knocked in nov. ) ,
the car is mainly going to be used very occasionally , sumthing like a maximum of 800-1000 kms a month
i m trying to avoid a brand new as its not going to be used too often so basically its just gonna depreciate standing at one place , but that dusnt mean i m not considerin new cars
criterion : good looks , decent fuel eff. , low maintenance , not a hatchback
confused between a whole lot of cars
here s the list

IN THE USED CARS : ( keepin in mind i don't wanna go for anything older than 2002 & it would be great if u guys could give me some indicative market prices too )
1. used baleno
2. lancer
3.honda city
4.ikon 1..6
5.opel astra

IN THE NEW CARS :
1. BALENO LXI ( watts the price for the same )
2. IKON 1.6/FLAIR ( watt are the prices of a fully loaded 1.6 and flair in bombay ?)

oh yes i forgot to mention saw an ad the other day in times drive for a sienna new look white colour expected 1.9 lakhs ( but my dad refused due to the company 's reputation )

- manson .
Old 16th January 2005, 03:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Manson,

Quote:
1. used baleno
2. lancer
3.honda city
4.ikon 1..6
5.opel astra
I would eliminate option 4 & 5 because ikons are not the greatest cars to buy used IMO, and i think the spares for the astra are quite expensive and a bit hard to come by.

Thats my take....
cya
R
Old 16th January 2005, 09:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

just spoke to my dad . . . he s kinda reluctant to buy a used car . . so its between the baleno lxi , ikon flair , ikon 1.6 and i dunno abt any other car around the budget . . .
and cud someone help me out with the prices on road bombay ! and the expected discounts also .

manson .
Old 16th January 2005, 14:06   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would eliminate option 4 & 5 because ikons are not the greatest cars to buy used IMO, and i think the spares for the astra are quite expensive and a bit hard to come by.
I agree. Go for a 2002 Honda City. It will keep you happy.

GTO
Old 16th January 2005, 15:23   #5
Team-BHP Support

Post Deleted : Excessive slang in not permitted on Team-BHP.
Old 16th January 2005, 16:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Baleno LXI is the best option( of cource with better rubber). make this black.
Price 6.00 laks if registered MH-43(outside octroi Zone ) and 6.25 if mumbai registered (MH-01 /MH-02 /MH-03) after all discounts and full outright payment.
Old 16th January 2005, 17:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey dude,
u have a genuine excuse for buying the 1.5 or vtec.
if new,then the baleno will be a much better buy.
Old 16th January 2005, 18:08   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ya a black Baleno with better rubber and multi spoke alloys wud be a cool choice.
How abt lookin at the Accent also? Wudnt be a bad choice.
Old 16th January 2005, 18:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Baleno it is.Its a far more superior car than the Ikon.And some neat set of alloys and wide rubber wud do wonders for the car.
And dunt forget,the Baleno engine is the most reliable engine to do the mods than any other.They are more responsive too.

X
Old 16th January 2005, 19:23   #10
Team-BHP Support

hey v12
actually i m replacing my 2002 accent that we sold in novemeber so i don't think i d want to buy another one , didn't like it much its a gud car for ppl who use the car for plain commuting but not for sum1 who loves to drive to anywhere .
abt the colour i just gt a scorpio 6 months bk which is black and trust me its very very difficult to keep it shining .
i think i ll go for the metallic red if its yet available or a silver and white stand equal chances .
any1 has any idea watt the price of the lxi shud be on road bombay after all the discounts and everything ?

manson .
Old 17th January 2005, 11:36   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
Baleno LXI is the best option( of cource with better rubber). make this black.
Price 6.00 laks if registered MH-43(outside octroi Zone ) and 6.25 if mumbai registered (MH-01 /MH-02 /MH-03) after all discounts and full outright payment.
if u r stayting in mumbai limits then better not to buy a car with a new mumbai address as BMC ppl are after owners of the cars registered in new mumbai but staying in bombay so pya up extra to avoid trouble in fuiture.

shubbhi
Old 17th January 2005, 12:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
if u r stayting in mumbai limits then better not to buy a car with a new mumbai address as BMC ppl are after owners of the cars registered in new mumbai but staying in bombay so pya up extra to avoid trouble in fuiture.

shubbhi

yess ur right.
even i had my car as MH-04.but now to avoid problems i have paid the octroi that i had evaded by giving Navi Mumbai address.
no point in evading octroi of few thousands when already ur spending lacs on a car.
Old 17th January 2005, 13:01   #13
bhp
BHPian

i just read in bbay times about the discounts they are giving on the baleno (free registration , free insurance , 3rd yr extended warranty , and free accecories ) and also u can bargain for some dealer discount and u will get an good deal ....

but isnt it advisable to take an vehicle after implementation of the euro 3 norms
Old 17th January 2005, 16:13   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

hey BHP
you have a point
if you feel that the new balenos engines and all is oing to be replaced then dont get it.
wait till april and get it.
or else a new baleno will et you alot of iscounts so go to the nearest maruti dealer and bargain your heart out .
black with grey multispoke alloys on 14inchers look great
Old 17th January 2005, 16:24   #15
Team-BHP Support

i just spoke to someone in vitesse and the car is priced at 6.5 lakhs or sumthing and if i take a 5 lakh load then only is the free registration,insurance,3rd year extended warranty and accesories deal valid or i can opt for a 62000 discount instead as they amt. to the same . . which make sthe car arnd 5.9 laks on road mumbai .
and sumthing like 58000 discount on a 4 lakh loan .

nwe comes the mother of all problems , there are no euro 3 cars available yet , they will be only after a month and a half and the schemes will be revise again
and the funny aprt is that on the home websit of maruti the euro 3 is already shown as it is for sale with an added price of rs.8000 , so whats really happening

can anyone throw any light on when will the euro 3 cars realiee be available ?

manson .

Last edited by manson : 17th January 2005 at 16:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks