Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2005, 10:26   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_ideas
Please guide me about Scarlet Sage ?? Is it good …. will it be good choice ?? I have not yet seen this color in actual and the look on web looks nice but could be deceptive.
The Scarlet-Sage looks really good on the road - I had one myself and always got admiring glances from passer-by's. Its a big hit with girls as well
Though it is high maintainence like black - scratches and dust show up too easily on this.

But please, dont go for black bumpers/fenders with this colour - makes it look horrible.
Old 14th December 2005, 11:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_ideas
[SIZE=2]
Hi,

I am currently in US and will be coming back in Mid-Jan; my wife is planning to book a car back home and she wants me to finalise the color.
We have shortlisted 2 colors for the Santro xing. Aqua Tint and Scarlet Sage. I think Aqua Tint is becoming too common.

Please guide me about Scarlet Sage ?? Is it good …. will it be good choice ?? I have not yet seen this color in actual and the look on web looks nice but could be deceptive.

Thanks,
Sameer

[/SIZE]

Refer this link, it will help you decide.
http://www.santroxing.com/santromain...agename=colors
Color is really very personal choice. I was actually looking for Silver but it is too common with every car and found Scarlet was very fresh color at that time. Although nowdays I mostly see santro's in this color (atleast in Mumbai)
Old 14th December 2005, 15:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Always select the color after inspecting it in person. It is advised to visit in daylight. Scarlet Sage is a special color which will cost you Rs.3500/- extra
Old 16th December 2005, 17:03   #49
BHPian

Aqua tint looked pretty bad when I saw it recently in the Hyundai showroom. Would go for the Scarlet sage any day.
Old 21st March 2006, 11:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale
Guys although I am new to cars and by no means expert to comment on anything.
But here is my take on differnt car manufacturere and their dealers:

First of all nobody (alteast based on my experience with Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Fiat, Ford) are no way near professional as far as sales and A/S/S is concerned.
So even if you rate them they are still not yet on par with any kind of standards.
Yes car industry is booming now days we have new launches every month but thats alone is not sufficient.
Infact whn you visit most of these dealers (mentioned above) its like visting some govt office.
I am trying comparing them with IT industry, I am working for (not sure how correct it is to compare these two).
The difference between them is sky high. these dealers and their sales team and service engineer dont even know how to treat their customers.
Infact I doubt how many of them are actually well qualified to take up job like sales person or skilled service engg.

2 give you small e.g. In IT, when we send any quotation / proposal to customer we proactively mention penalty incase we are late in delivering to customer .
And here...sales person after giving sales speech don't even hesitate in saying like 'Dealer is not responsible for any delay in delivey' or 'cannot commit in written on delivery date'

So my take, whenver you buy car, A/S/S shud be last in ur priority list. coz no matter whtever your expecations are, this industry is yet to come to terms with international standars (or call it some basic standards)

This is just my personal experience / opinion and don't mean to hurt any fans of any kind of car manufacturere or their dealers.

Am happy with the Santro that I got after long wait..regardless of service I will get from HIML...So Cheers !!!
whats A/S/S???? please help me on that
Old 21st March 2006, 11:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.agl
whats A/S/S???? please help me on that
After Sales Service
Old 21st March 2006, 11:27   #52
BHPian

thanks BUSA.........
Old 21st March 2006, 12:33   #53
BHPian

go for getz

Hi,

Getz is much more than a bigger Santro. Don't have the view that if you are paying more than 4 L you should have a sedan. Thats an idea that some people may have, but tell me, how much of a boot do you really need. Many people buy sedan just to satisfy egos that Its a sedan. Getz has more interior room than most sedans in that price point. Its got a comfortable ride, got good power and good space.

It does not have a terrible fuel efficiency. If you drive not more than 10000Km an year, you should not bother so much about fuel efficiency. It hardly makes a difference of Rs. 5000-8000 over an year compared to a Santro. Hyundai service is very low cost and good. The cars are good value for money and peace of mind. I would suggest you could consider that. Its not an aged car like some of the others you are considering.

Just go to a dealer, ask for the price of bumper replacement or light assembly replacement of a baleno vs. that of a Getz and you will know what I mean.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks