Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 17:08   #1
BHPian

Used 2004 Baleno for 3.5L

Hi All,

I am planning to go for a used baleno..i test drove one as well. need to know the following things.while driving with AC the power drop was appreciable. also i did not feel any mindblowing acceleration either..the slow running was not good either..could you guys help me?? The model i drove was a 2004 one with 18k on the odo. Also one more qns..in the future iam planning to take her to the track as well..is this the car i should go with?? The asking price is 3.5 l
Old 17th April 2008, 17:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Please take a good mechanic & check out the car thoroughly. 4 years & 18k is not normal.
Old 17th April 2008, 17:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

looks like its been set back - unless it belongs to a s/w engineer who used it for less than 5kms a day.
Old 17th April 2008, 17:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

The price is surely negotiable !! Regarding power drop after A/c its better if you take it to a mechanic. For appropriate resale value of Baleno check in New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com India
Old 17th April 2008, 18:47   #5
BHPian

The price is correct guys..but i am concerned about the vechicle..either it needs to be tuned properly or else it is showing a false odo reading.and what bout perfomance..i have heard that it is a fast car...but i didn't felt it with the AC and also i cannot go to a showroom to test drive one..
Old 17th April 2008, 18:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Please take a good mechanic & check out the car thoroughly. 4 years & 18k is not normal.
Sounds normal to me. My Xeta GLS is 2 yrs and 10.5K old.
This is because my primary transport is a Caliber 115, which has seen 67K in 5 yrs!
Old 17th April 2008, 19:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock View Post
while driving with AC the power drop was appreciable. also i did not feel any mindblowing acceleration either..the slow running was not good either..
I have never faced this issue, personally never found any drop in power with the AC switched on.
Dont expect mind-blowing acceleration unless you were driving a 150bhp car earlier . Once again was the car sluggish during the initial rpms ?

Quote:
The model i drove was a 2004 one with 18k on the odo.
I don't know how far this odo reading is genuine. Have you been able to get access to the service records of this car at all ?

Quote:
Also one more qns..in the future iam planning to take her to the track as well..is this the car i should go with?? The asking price is 3.5 l
Well a few of them on this forum have taken their cars to the track and be rest assured YES you can.
Old 17th April 2008, 19:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yep, low odo readings need not always be fake. My Baleno is more than 3 years old and just done 23K kms. And like abdriver2000, my trusted CD100 is the reason for the car's low usage - have close to 1lakh kms on it from 13 years of use.

But I am concerned about the other issues mentioned - drop in power with a/c on, acceleration, slow running etc.
Old 17th April 2008, 19:30   #9
BHPian

Guys i don't think that the service records will be much of an issue as it is from a maruti true value that i cheked this car...and regarding acceleration our family car Aveo(1.4) felt more fast during the initial stages with the AC on...but since the baleno was a 1.6 machine and i have heard a lot of praise for it in team bhp i was hoping something better...also is the slow running bcoz of poor tuning??..is it an issue? and please tell me some tips as to how i can check a good used baleno..
Old 17th April 2008, 20:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by "slow running" issue ?
Old 17th April 2008, 20:05   #11
BHPian

The car easily get's 'OFF' if you don't keep raising it..for example if you are reversing and not giving enough power it will die...a well tuned or a new car seldom has this issue.
Old 1st May 2008, 16:32   #12
BHPian

hi shock though you cannot TD the new vehicle but you can always TD any other used Baleno. So i suggest TD some other good condition used baleno and than compare the issues which you are facing with the current one. Maybe it could be a problem with this particular car.
ENjoy...
Old 1st May 2008, 18:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Shock, there are so many in this forum who hav been driving Balenos.. so why dont you take one of them along to check the car??

"
The car easily get's 'OFF' if you don't keep raising it..for example if you are reversing and not giving enough power it will die...a well tuned or a new car seldom has this issue."

Looks like this car has not been serviced for loing, may be the injectors, throttly body nees a good cleaning. check the sir filter....spark plugs..... take a good mech along
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys i don't think that the service records will be much of an issue as it is from a maruti true value that i cheked this car...
One team-bhpian happened to sell his Zen to True Value. The car had done about 40K. After about two months, he happened to visit the same T.V. outlet along with someone who wanted to buy a car. He found his car being offered for sale with 20K on the odo! So even True Value claims need verification.
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:32   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
The car had done about 40K. After about two months, he happened to visit the same T.V. outlet along with someone who wanted to buy a car. He found his car being offered for sale with 20K on the odo! So even True Value claims need verification.
Shocking! Why should anyone pay a premium to truevalue then, if there is nothing *true* in the *value* they provide. Is there a thread from the Zen owner on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks