Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2005, 23:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

The nexia is definitely a good drive and all performance works that u can do on a city/lancer could be done on a nexia as well but it wouldnt really be worth it coz the car is not stiff and sturdy enough bodywise or technically for that extra boost... just try cornering a cielo on a fast turn and see how much bodyroll it has in comparison to a city, its just too wobbly!
Old 13th February 2005, 04:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

a nexia with good tyres should help
im getting 8 kmpl from my nexia and my ikon gives 8.5 so i am quite happy
maybe by making some mods to the suspension and all it will become a good drivers car
its feels faster then lancer and astra though but in some old cars you may need to get a good proper tune up and always use speed/power type of petrol. there really is a noticeable difference
Old 14th February 2005, 16:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
Recently i had seen an ad in a local newspaper about a modified cielo/nexia. The person claims to have replaced the engine with a Toyota Diesel engine (I am not sure, but assuming that its a Qualis engine) and says that the vehicle gives superb performance as well as average..

I haven't personally seen the vehicle as yet, but did talk to him over the phone..
Guys, Finally i got to try this vehicle yesterday. The engine is quite powerful. Its an Toyota 1.N Turbo Diesel engine. It appears that there are a lot of these engines imported from Japan and can be fitted easily into some of our sedans. I've seen it in an Esteem, Cielo, etc. The mechanic told me that he has also fit it in a Fiat Uno, Gypsy etc. The engine is as peppy as it can be, the pickup was powerful, the handling was quite courtesy the power-steering. I literally fell in love with this cielo.. I am a bit concerned about the cost of maintenance of this vehicle. The owner is selling this 96 model for around 1.2 Lacs.
Old 18th February 2005, 17:13   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

hey man23ish
enjoy
so i guess this means no SUV or are you getting an SUV too
some pics please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks