Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2005, 00:43   #1
BHPian

04 EII or 05 EIII Baleno?

Hi All,

I seem to have an extraordinarily tough time in making decisions about my first car!! I hope that this is normal..........or I just might be too much of a novice!

From new car to used to finally a new Baleno. Now I got to make-up my mind about buying an '04 Euro2 model or waiting for a '05 Euro3 one. The price diff is abt Rs.10,000........so I would probably wait for the new model, BUT there is a catch: they are giving me a Rs. 60,000 cash discount + assessories (remote locking, mats) on the '04 model. I'm not sure I would get such a high discount on the '05 model - maybe a max of 30,000. Also, they are telling me that the RC will have '05 as date of manufacture.....dunno how they'r gonna do this though.

So, once again, I need help from you guys to make-up my mind about this. Do you have any idea on whether the '05 Baleno will be any different from the older ones in terms of perfromance or looks? Also, another point is resale - am getting a better deal on '04, but may lose out on resale much more when am selling the car, or does the date on RC take care of this?

HELP!!! Going nuts with these decicions!

~Sonic

Last edited by sonic : 12th February 2005 at 00:58.
Old 12th February 2005, 00:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

U can try a trick :
Book the Baleno , PAy the dealer some token amount .
Get in writing abt the discounts as per 04 model, and ask for the 05 model as and when it comes.

can try this , donno if this works or not ?
No harm in trying.
Old 12th February 2005, 01:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
U can try a trick :
Book the Baleno , PAy the dealer some token amount .
Get in writing abt the discounts as per 04 model, and ask for the 05 model as and when it comes.

can try this , donno if this works or not ?
No harm in trying.
Not sure if this will work....already asked them about the discount on the '05 model and they claim that they don't have any details on final pricing or discounts available on it!!

What I can do is try to get this info through some other dealers - there are 5 in B'lore....will try my luck everywhere! thanx for the suggestion...
Old 12th February 2005, 01:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

One suggession , buy the BAleno in black
Old 12th February 2005, 01:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

congrats sonic, nice car. got me one of those too!

the date on the rc will be the date of registration...not of manufacture...and they can be two different months or even years...

black seems to be a very popular choice...but i got dark blue...its kinda got the whole dodge viper shelby cobra thing goin on...and its not so common

dude...do what every smart baleno owner does...get better rubber...
Old 12th February 2005, 06:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

There arent any changes in the look of 2005 baleno and if there are...they will be very minor. If finances are not a problem then wait for the E-III baleno. But if on a budget then dont let go of the 60000 discount on the E-II baleno. N yeah the baleno in black.

Drifter
Old 12th February 2005, 07:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sonic,

You do realise that E3 means that it is quite likely that the car will be putting out less power because it has to meet the Euro-III emmisions standards right? lol.... i think u just made up your mind eh?

cya
R
Old 12th February 2005, 12:58   #8
BHPian

Sonic, Can you tell me which dealer is giving you this deal. Coz I just now checked with RNS dealer on Hosur road and he is giving only 40K discount on any of the EII or EII models(and some 5K-6K accesories). But said EII availability needs to be checked.

Also, I don't think EII or EIII makes much difference to Petrol car, not very sure though.(as you said might affect resale). Whts is the best on road deal delaer you got ? and LXi or Vxi ?
Old 12th February 2005, 13:07   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
black seems to be a very popular choice...but i got dark blue...its kinda got the whole dodge viper shelby cobra thing goin on...and its not so common

Dark blue. I don't think I've ever seen a dark blue Baleno before. Sounds good! Better than black for sure.

Another colour that looks good and is pretty rare is the metallic green. Very nice colour for the car.
Old 12th February 2005, 13:07   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thats a fantastic discount on the Baleno : Go for it before it goes off.

In Bombay, I heard of some deals with 90,000 down and 10 grand a month (for 60 months). Damn, thats cheap! Considering that the onroad price is about 6.10xxx you pay only like 80 grand in interest over 5 years.

GTO
Old 12th February 2005, 13:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

go for the E2 and u can use the 60k that u save on a good set of shoes for your car.
before you start any other topic on which tire ,let me tell u that 195/60r14,205/60r14 will be the ideal upsize in 14 inch rims.

even i have heard baleno's being sold for more than 60k discounts.

enjoyyyyyyy
Old 12th February 2005, 16:11   #12
bhp
BHPian

[quote=Rtech]Dark blue. I don't think I've ever seen a dark blue Baleno before. Sounds good! Better than black for sure.

QUOTE]

it is same blue which is also available in zen . i had seen one with 15'' chrome alloys way too hot and better than black because black is not everyone s cup of tea !!
Old 13th February 2005, 03:52   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

well if finances really arent a problem get the E3 otherwise E2
the only difference is in power and taht the E3 comes with hieght adj. headlamps
Old 13th February 2005, 11:41   #14
BHPian

When i spoke to RNS Motors around 3 days back, the discount existed on both the euro 3 and euro 2 models. The euro 3 models will however be dearer by 10k to be precise, due to the HLL.

Are u getting a cash discount of 60k.The deal i was offerred was something like this:

22k Insurance free
16k Corporate discount(may not be applicanle to everyone)
18k discount on the car

or

22k Insurance free
40k accessories(mp3 player and a cooler which they claim to be 40k worth)
16k Corporate discount

But i was given the same offer on both the euro 2 and euro 3 models.Essentially the cash discount is only 40k and yeah the euro3 will have much better resale. Even i was thinking about the euro3 baleno, finally booked a Ikon 1.6 Exi in black.
Old 13th February 2005, 17:25   #15
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Go for E-II Baleno. 60k is a lot of savings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks