Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2005, 23:24   #1
BANNED

Turbo

Planing to make a real powerful machine..
Was just thinking which base vehicle should i use..
plan to turbo it..
I want to make it fast.. though i was planing on the Honda city but its closed production i mean the old one.. the new one its not possible to.. no space in the bonnet though i have it..
I was planing to take a base 1.8 Optra.. but are daewoo engines capable of being turbo charged..
i wanna turbo the way turbo india has done to his city.. but that being a honda
So which car should i look at turbo carging which will give me 100% result like the OHC
Old 3rd March 2005, 09:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

No Offense, but
are you really going to make a powerful machine, or its all only in your head?!

Quote:
i wanna turbo the way turbo india has done to his city
and I guess this sentence isn't soooo simple the way it sounds.
Old 3rd March 2005, 17:46   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
No Offense, but
are you really going to make a powerful machine, or its all only in your head?!

and I guess this sentence isn't soooo simple the way it sounds.
Well Gordon first ill have to plan it then see the costs involved in it.. so its in my head write now.. cause its no use taking a 10lac Optra and turbo charging it the for 4lacs.. rather buy a RS for that money..

Well the sentence aint as simple as it sounds i plan to get it done from a pros
Old 5th March 2005, 03:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well dude,
If you are really planning on Turbocharging your car,you should firstly have a rough estimate as to how much you plan to spend on the car.
The 1.8 Optra is not advisable for TC'ing at all.Firstly,its too heavy and you wont be that satisfied with the performance of the engine.It does not respond well to any kind of modifications at all.
Old honda,lancer and baleno are very responsive to turbos.Or if you can increase your budget then its the RS.Scrap the one it has and install a new Garett turbo and the performance chip.
So get a lowdown on how much you can spend firstly.Sky is the limit.....

X

Last edited by X-Machine : 5th March 2005 at 03:23.
Old 6th March 2005, 18:07   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
Well dude,
If you are really planning on Turbocharging your car,you should firstly have a rough estimate as to how much you plan to spend on the car.
The 1.8 Optra is not advisable for TC'ing at all.Firstly,its too heavy and you wont be that satisfied with the performance of the engine.It does not respond well to any kind of modifications at all.
Old honda,lancer and baleno are very responsive to turbos.Or if you can increase your budget then its the RS.Scrap the one it has and install a new Garett turbo and the performance chip.
So get a lowdown on how much you can spend firstly.Sky is the limit.....

X
Hey X my budget for the base vehicle is not more then 8 lacs. I can spent about 2 lakhs on TCing. Thanx for ruling out the optra as i was confused about it. Since old city is not availble have narrowed down to Lancer and Baleno. What about the Petra in your view?
Old 7th March 2005, 16:45   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The old City is the best but if you dont want a preowned one a lancer is the best buy as the balenos gearshift isn't the best..
If you are interested in the OHC, there is a 2003 city 1.5 done15Kkm.. PM me for details if you want.
Theres also a preowned mondeo for 8.5..
Anyway,
coming to theperformance bit -
a turbo by Teammotorworks is for 40K wheras a T.Turbo from opera house is between 20K-40K(without fitting)
a NOS kit is for 30K ish
a body kit is for 10k-20k
filters,freeflow come to 20K
10K for misc. stuff, and 30 - 50K for alloys and tyres.
Thinkabout it.
If you get itfrom the right place you may get a twinturboed sedan with NOS and the works..
PM ,me for details..
I have worked on lancer mods for my friend and did all the research so i know.
Oh and mathematically, the quater mile was coming to less then 14secs
Old 7th March 2005, 17:18   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
If you are interested in the OHC, there is a 2003 city 1.5 done15Kkm.. PM me for details if you want.
Theres also a preowned mondeo for 8.5..
Anyway,
coming to theperformance bit -
a turbo by Teammotorworks is for 40K wheras a T.Turbo from opera house is between 20K-40K(without fitting)
a NOS kit is for 30K ish
a body kit is for 10k-20k
filters,freeflow come to 20K
10K for misc. stuff, and 30 - 50K for alloys and tyres.
Thinkabout it.
If you get itfrom the right place you may get a twinturboed sedan with NOS and the works..
PM ,me for details..
I have worked on lancer mods for my friend and did all the research so i know.
Oh and mathematically, the quater mile was coming to less then 14secs
Hey Lambo thanx a lot for the details.
Whats the price of the 2003 City though i would rather prefer a Vtec How much Kms has the mondeo logged and whats the year of manufacture? Can you please tell me the number of TMW and also the adress. Their website is currently down it seems. NOS for 30K i have been quoted 45K minimum for it. Where are you getting it for 30K also would like to know whether it is imported or indian. Cheers..
Old 7th March 2005, 17:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

hey how about getting a baleno and turbo it. could get you the whole kit with ecm upgrades,pistons,connectings and teh intercooler,BOV,etc.etc
the same is possible for a lancer too but due to the weigh and engine limitations i would prefer dumping an evo engine into it.
both the lance and baleno would be 160+bhp which is more than the city. laso if you buy a preowned baleno/lancer the whole thing including modifications would be well under 8laks
Old 7th March 2005, 17:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybach
Planing to make a real powerful machine..
Was just thinking which base vehicle should i use..
plan to turbo it..
I want to make it fast.. though i was planing on the Honda city but its closed production i mean the old one.. the new one its not possible to.. no space in the bonnet though i have it..
I was planing to take a base 1.8 Optra.. but are daewoo engines capable of being turbo charged..
i wanna turbo the way turbo india has done to his city.. but that being a honda
So which car should i look at turbo carging which will give me 100% result like the OHC
Maybach,

You will need a lot of time. Do you have the time for this project ? I have recently turbo charged my Lancer and the car feels great. PM me for any further details. Would be glad to help in any way i can.

Cheers,

Sideways.
Old 7th March 2005, 17:30   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
hey how about getting a baleno and turbo it. could get you the whole kit with ecm upgrades,pistons,connectings and teh intercooler,BOV,etc.etc
the same is possible for a lancer too but due to the weigh and engine limitations i would prefer dumping an evo engine into it.
both the lance and baleno would be 160+bhp which is more than the city. laso if you buy a preowned baleno/lancer the whole thing including modifications would be well under 8laks
Hey iceman if i have a lancer or baleno how much will the mods cost me
Old 7th March 2005, 17:32   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Maybach,

You will need a lot of time. Do you have the time for this project ? I have recently turbo charged my Lancer and the car feels great. PM me for any further details. Would be glad to help in any way i can.

Cheers,

Sideways.
Hey thanx a lot. Yah will have to remove time for this project. How much did turbo charging the Lancer cost you. What is the boost in power? Where did you get it done
Old 7th March 2005, 18:05   #12
BHPian

Maybach,

I will shortly compile a list with costs and post the same in a new thread. Turbo charging was done here in Madras in Kamlesh Patel's garage.

You need a lot time - trust me. We have worked on the engine, electronics, fueling, brakes etc etc etc.

Running 10 psi of boost but havent had the chance to dyno the car. But it is quick.

Wouldnt have been able to do it on my own and I have a lot of people to thank.

Cheers,

Sideways.
Old 7th March 2005, 18:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybach,

You need a lot time - trust me. We have worked on the engine, electronics, fueling, brakes etc etc etc.

Running 10 psi of boost but havent had the chance to dyno the car. But it is quick.

Sideways.
yeah and also a 55mm to go with all this
Old 7th March 2005, 18:22   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Maybach,

I will shortly compile a list with costs and post the same in a new thread. Turbo charging was done here in Madras in Kamlesh Patel's garage.

Wouldnt have been able to do it on my own and I have a lot of people to thank.

Cheers,

Sideways.
Thanx alot will look forward to the list. Also you done it on your Vtec i guess
Old 8th March 2005, 11:46   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know whether the VTEC would be suitable for mods but the 1.5 would def. be.
the mondeo and city are from grafficcars - 9820035930, 9820088529.
I think NOS is for 30K not sure.
1 of my friends is going into performance and i can getyou some stuff for a low price but it may take some time.
think about flame throwers too.
They really look wild and i may get it done if i buy a sedan and have extra cash left after getting alloys and a good deck..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks