Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 09:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
TNo demand means good demand.
Sorry about the typo i obviously meant no demand for the embera means you will get good discounts.
Old 19th August 2008, 11:57   #17
BHPian

Got confirmation from hyundai regional manager regarding facelifted Embera launch

I contacted Hyundai just to see if the dealer is not lying about non availability of Black color Embera CRDi. The regional manager confirmed that new Embera is indeed expected. According to him this is going to be face lifted model and no major changes. He is not really sure about the launch date. According to him Hyundai may launch it in 2009 so that it will be 09 model. He also promised to check with Chennai plant to check the availability.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th August 2008 at 11:59. Reason: Font tags
Old 19th August 2008, 12:50   #18
evo
BHPian

I dont know if you are ok with buying used, in case you are, then an Embera would be terrific value used as it depreciates very very fast.
Old 19th August 2008, 13:21   #19
BHPian

Used car is not really an option

Evo, Buying used car is not really an option for me. I am getting the car through company car lease program which is applicable only for the new cars.
Mods,

I have not used an fonts or formating in my earlier posts. However I copied the text from Microsoft word. Last time I had typed a long post only to loose everything due to Internet connection problem.
I will start using notepad for typing instead.
Old 19th August 2008, 14:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

IMO, VW cars are not good w.r.t the backseat which more often than not, are very cramped.

Why dont you TD the Honda Accord ?
Old 19th August 2008, 14:06   #21
Team-BHP Support

For your big rear seat needs Embera seems the best. As for when is the new car launch, only Hyundai can tell.
However price may be close to 15 on the new car.
If you are in a hurry then for big rear seat its either the Magnum or the safari, take your pick
Old 23rd August 2008, 20:33   #22
BHPian

Looking at the current market availability I am thinking of dropping the Embera plans. Now I am thinking on comprimising on reat seat size and planning to choose between two.
Magnum LT
10.8lk ex showroom - 45k corporate discount (hertz carzonrent)
vs
Laura Ambiante
13.20lk ex showroom - 50k corporate discount (Can this be better ?)

Personally I liked laura much more than the magnum (better engine in magnum) for the looks, quality of material inside and looks.
Obiviously I am worried about Laura maintainance cost and high part cost. I am ok with 10k kind of anual service bills but am really worried about the recent posts regarding clutch failure , electrical problems, high part costs etc.

Any thoughts on this one ?
Old 24th August 2008, 16:00   #23
BHPian

Obiviously I am worried about Laura maintenance cost and high part cost. I am ok with 10k kind of anual service bills but am really worried about the recent posts regarding clutch failure , electrical problems, high part costs etc.

Any thoughts on this one ?[/quote]

if you re talking about under warranty till then 10 K might barely OK but if you re talking about maintenance after warranty period than forget annual expenditure one visit for a one labor hour with parts price included could be much more than 10 K
Old 24th August 2008, 16:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post

Obiviously I am worried about Laura maintainance cost and high part cost. I am ok with 10k kind of anual service bills but am really worried about the recent posts regarding clutch failure , electrical problems, high part costs etc.

Any thoughts on this one ?
If you re talking about under warranty till then 10 K might barely OK but if you re talking about maintenance after warranty period than forget annual expenditure one visit for a one labor hour with parts price included could be much more than 10 K
Old 29th August 2008, 14:18   #25
BHPian

Compramised on color, White embera CRDi is booked now

After spending another week test driving Laura, evaluating Jetta, almost thinking of saving around 4lk by going segment lower to Magnum, finally decided not not compramise on family comfort.

So now the wait begins for white Embera. Have to start thinking all the reasons why I should choose white (like easy to maintain, cooler in hot sun )
Old 29th August 2008, 16:58   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Embera CRDi suits your requirements to the T. Superb diesel, comfy ride quality, spacious interiors and a great backseat. The only two downsides of the Embera are the turbolag (pain in the city) and average interior quality. For highway drives of the type that you are looking at, you couldn't be bothered. Neither the Altis nor the Jetta have the space, backseat comfort or ride quality to match the Sonata.

The facelift is supposed to be just around the corner. You'd do well in waiting for it.
Old 29th August 2008, 17:22   #27
BHPian

Extent of facelift

GTO, I have seen the facelifted Embera during my last months US trip. To be honest the current exterior looks much better than the facelifted exterior looks. I liked th ecurrent front grill and the headlamp design way better than the one in US.

Coming to the interior is a different ball game. If they go for all the way for futuristic black interior (they may not choose black , since in India beige is the color of high end interiors), that will surely push the price to the original launch level. Which will go beyound my reach. Frankly I have a budget of entry level Civic/Magnum top end (10.5) and I am pushing for the current discounted sonata price 13.7.

So I will not really miss any exterior facelifts for sure. But if they launch new futuristic black interiors for the 13.7lk for CRDi 2.0 engine (unlikely according my calculations) I will be myself. It's a calculated risk but it could turn any way.

You are absolutely right that Sonata size and performance fits my reqirement like T. Regarding Turbo Lag in city , I have done about one hour test drive in city traffic as well as on highway. If I have to rate amoung the test drives I have done Verna suffered the most from turbo lag followed by Embera, Magnum, Laura(best) in the order. The worst was Captiva in stop n go traffic, turbo lag just makes you very uncomfertable. It's something I can live with after driving non crde 91k Scorpio for last 3 years. One funny observation , Civic suffers almost "Virtual Turbo lag" at 2nd gear when your speed drops to less than 20.

Subpar Interiors - Agreeed. No doubt about it compared to Laura or Jetta, I wouldn't dare to compare with civic. But I felt the intriors are much better than Magnum which was my next best choice. I know I am not being fair to magnum as I am comparing cars with almist 3lk difference but since these two were in my final list.

Last edited by rohitrk : 29th August 2008 at 17:41. Reason: Forgot to mention worst turbo lag with Captiva in stop n go traffic
Old 30th August 2008, 12:11   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
GTO, I have seen the facelifted Embera during my last months US trip. To be honest the current exterior looks much better than the facelifted exterior looks. I liked th ecurrent front grill and the headlamp design way better than the one in US.
Quote:
I am pushing for the current discounted sonata price 13.7.
There you have it then! Good discounts on the older look, which is anyways your preference, is enough to seal the deal. Don't pay too much attention to the colour of the interiors.....with the discount that you are getting, could probably redo the interiors to exactly your taste in Stanley leather! Interiors are the easiest to set right

I look forward to some detailed reports on your car.

Quote:
One funny observation , Civic suffers almost "Virtual Turbo lag" at 2nd gear when your speed drops to less than 20.
Great way to put it. Pathetic low-end torque.
Old 31st August 2008, 21:04   #29
BHPian

any latest update on the new launch? Im dying for a feel good vehicle that says "Poor man's Skoda/VW/Accord " all over its design/pricing/features and comfort.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:01   #30
BHPian

Update on new Sonata launch

absynthguzzler,
From my discussions with the dealer, Hyundai Regional Manager I figured out that they are atleast 6 months away from the launch. They are still working on the details of facelift, extent of interior changes, new color etc. They have enough CKD kits , but the production is stopped till they finalized the details of facelift.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks