Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Vtec for sale

hi guys...there is this vtec for sale..the car has done just 25000kms and the owner is gonna sell it for 3lacs..it is a bargain but i think the car went through a serious accident but still looks in good shape
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

3 lakhs for a 25K km Vtec? Most probably it's been through an accident or the owner is in a real hurry to sell it off. Did you ask the owner why he's selling for such a cheap rate?

But, on 2nd thought, don't give up until you check out the car yourself. U never know, it might be in good shape after all.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 23rd March 2005 at 13:47.
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:52   #3
BHPian

try checkin the chassis no and registration no wid the dealer it is bought from... mite reveal smtin abt the car

frankly 25k run vtec for 3 smells funny
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Do you know the owner, or is he a 'somebody' ? In the latter case its quite possible that he's just getting rid of one car since he's upgrading.

If you're smart, you should be able to extract some information from the Honda Service personnel (not officially, but off the record) - if the car had a major accident and still manages to look new its probably because panels have been replaced completely, which cant be done by local mechanics.

Try speaking to the employees at the service centre (not to the service manager or supervisor but to the guys actually doing the job) - they will remember big accident cases.

Worth taking the trouble if the asking price is 3 lakhs.

Steer
Old 23rd March 2005, 14:02   #5
Team-BHP Support

Again, there is nothing wrong with a good repair job
Old 23rd March 2005, 14:02   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thats an absolute steal!! That is, if the car does not have any major issues.

1. Call the Honda Service Outlet and give them the chassis number. On the phone itself (with a little smooth talking) they will give you the entire history of the car. I had done this for 10 Vtecs before I picked up mine.

2. See whom the car is insured through, and call the insurance company for details, if any, on previous major claims.

3. Take this Vtec down to the Honda Service center and ask them to check it inside out. They charge between 500 - 1000 bucks but well worth it for a 90 minute checkup.

4. Very important : Check for paperwork authencity. Make sure that its not a stolen car.

If its clean, pick it up. And leave behind a HUGE thank you note.

GTO
Old 23rd March 2005, 14:32   #7
BANNED

pictures please. lets see why honda values finally came down
Old 23rd March 2005, 15:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

the guy is in a hurry to go to UK so he wants to seel the car off as soon as possible.....its 2yrs old but the car has done just 25k..the guy just uses it when he comes to india..all the insurance and paperwork are neat...there is a problem with the car tho'....

when u accelerate, there is a small missing..like a jerk and then the car takes off...wonder what it is?? the car did 100km/h easily..didn't take it further that that mark
Old 23rd March 2005, 15:09   #9
BANNED

even if he is in rush u should get 4 easy as from what the market is. u say its a 2003 that too. damn its a steal. get you get some pics of it. and more details colour and stuff thanks
Old 23rd March 2005, 16:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when u accelerate, there is a small missing..like a jerk and then the car takes off...wonder what it is??
If it's a 2003 model then this shouldn't happen. Better get the car's timing checked. At 3 lakhs, it's an absolute steal. Book it ASAP!!.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd March 2005, 18:57   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
but i think the car went through a serious accident but still looks in good shape
Hey Karthik... your location is TVM ... thats Trivandrum if I am not wrong... please let me know ASAP if you are not interested to buy it... my friends looking for a VTEC and wouldnt mind buying this car even if it has met with any serious accident..... EVERTYHING CAN BE CORRECTED TO PERFECTION FOR ANY CAR... nevertheless its an absolute steal... just go for it man... or buy it and sell it for a higher price you would easily mint 1.5-2 lakhs if the car is in good shape...
Old 23rd March 2005, 19:15   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
EVERTYHING CAN BE CORRECTED TO PERFECTION FOR ANY CAR...
I disagree. In monocoques, it is extremely difficult to get a fine balance after a major (and I mean major) accident.

GTO
Old 23rd March 2005, 19:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I disagree. In monocoques, it is extremely difficult to get a fine balance after a major (and I mean major) accident.
As long as the monocoque hasn't cracked anywhere, it is possible to get it into shape. A friend of my, hit a divider, at 150kmph in his Vtec. The chassis had to be put on a machine and re-shaped, since it hadn't cracked anywhere, it was as good as new when they were done with it.

I was at Whitefield Honda when his car was being wrenched back to shape.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd March 2005, 20:31   #14
Team-BHP Support

Hi GTO... about monocoques to be brought back to shape I guess Shan answered the question...

Shan2nu: The only problem that occurs after the body is got back in shape is that metal looses strength hence hardening of the metal is more important .....was the metal hardened again to the optimum level !!!
Old 23rd March 2005, 21:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

guys i'm not intrested in buying it...if anyone of you want it...lemme know and i'll give u his no. and e-mail id..

i think there is somthing wrong cuz otherwise why would he sell it for SUCH a low price right??!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks