Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Doew buying accent (5.1 lacs on road) make sense?
Yes, its a true VFM car 35 77.78%
VFM my foot, the car can be phased out any time 9 20.00%
I am too confused to vote 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 19:00   #31
BHPian

Not sure if the decision has already been made.. Accent is a great car - I wasn't sure why Hyundai dampened the focus-light on such a car after Verna arrived.

IMHO, you wouldn't have a 'new car' feel if you get an Accent now, and neither would people around you (if that matters). Why don't you try a second-hand instead? I hear good Corollas coming in at 5-6L, now that Altis has arrived.!

A year back, I was truly contemplating buying an Accent, but many models being phased out was a dampener. Providing Accents to all Chennai cops sealed my decision against it! But I agree - Accent is a great car. Text book case of killing a nice car by its own manufacturer.

Last edited by spetnaz : 11th October 2008 at 19:15.
Old 5th January 2009, 03:11   #32
BHPian

The poll is closed but id vouch for the Accent, go for it. Its a great car.
Old 5th January 2009, 09:33   #33
BHPian

I would vouch for Accent too. We have two in the family.
Old 14th April 2009, 08:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Sorry buddy, insurance is not free, but still the on road price is 5.1 lacs only. Here's an example (rough figures)

Ex shoroom price: 4.99 Lacs
Road Tax: 15k
Insurance: 14k
Logistics: 4K
On road price: 5.32 Lacs

Free Logistics: -4K
Free Gold coin: -8k
Finance discount: -10k
On road price (after discount): 5.1 Lacs
@akash : No offence meant but are you sure this is what is being offered by the dealer or is this an assumption that you are making ? The On-Road price for the Accent here in Chennai is 5.65 lacs. I know for sure that at least a 20k discount is possible (without the finance payout) at this point of time so the car should come in at 5.45 on road...5.40 at the most
Old 16th April 2009, 22:13   #35
BHPian

I would suggest stay away from the accent. get the dezire if you can live with its looks. the additional moolah you pay up front will get more than adequately fixed by the time its time to sell the car say 4-6 years from now. Where would the accent be then? it would have lsot the resale market as well. check the baleno's resale price drop after SX4 was introduced to get an idea on how resale would be affected and its a maruti.

Trim level may be good, but unless you may end up in the rear seat and would have driver most of the time with its driving characteristics and fuel consumption you may not feel great after the initial few months. So look up the dezire, Logan(yeah its a taxi and doesn't look much better than the dezire but at least it would still be around five years from now) or the ikon after the face lift its possible that it would like for another five years.May be an indigo if you are not averse to Tata (taxi again) is the best bet, wish there were better cars in the base sedan segment rather than cars that outlived their life being spruced up and offered up, but thats all we got for now.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

my brother has accent 1.6 since 2004 and he is lovin it!

the new deal of accent exe is a good VFM offer and i think you should go for it.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:33   #37
BHPian

Well the registration cost is 38K plus 14K insurance (New Delhi)
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:58   #38
BHPian

Agree totally. PLus IMO the Dezire sucks. The metal sheet is too thin and i remember reading somewhere here that there are rattling problems. The Accent maybe old , but still a great drive , VFM and super re sale value compared to other cars in the same segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
my brother has accent 1.6 since 2004 and he is lovin it!

the new deal of accent exe is a good VFM offer and i think you should go for it.
Old 21st May 2009, 15:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

The Accent is a really good car and at a very good price. I made a detailed comparitive study when I was also choosing to buy one and with the help of some auto experts decided to go in for this.

This car believe me may have been around for a long time, but thats the fact in itself, its been around because people are still flooding the showroom to buy it. Even if it is for 5.5 lacs, there are not going to be so many fools who would think of sheeling out their money on junk.

As for phasing it out, every car goes through this cycle and only depends on the company it is bought from. Even if a car is phased out, the company would provide spares for alteast a decade.

I really find it funny when people keep talking about the accent being phased out and all the gyan.. please take a look on the roads and see the number of new Accent Execs. The fact is that despite its age, its looks are still very modern, packs a punch in terms of comfort and delivery. How many others cars have stood the test of time.

Anyone planning to buy the car..pls go ahead, it is an amazing car and you will definitely get to know that for your self.

Finally, even after 6 parts, Rocky still creates box office records and defeats contenders half his age. Get the pic
Old 21st May 2009, 15:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

off late i have been noticing quite a few new accent executive's on road
speaks for itself
Old 21st May 2009, 15:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

And by the way, within this segment, I did not go in for the following cars in this segment because:

1. Dezire: Swift with a boot. Which meant it had the same interior space which was pretty cramped for me and with its odd ball styling, was something ot worth going in for.

2. Logan - Not refined enough and it is a bit of a plain jane

3. Indigo - Pass

4. Ford Ikon - Good car, but again cramped on the inside and a bit small.

Well, each segment has its share of cars, thats why there are segments in the first place.
Old 21st May 2009, 15:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Agreeed

. Go out into the world and see for yourselves. I stay in Gurgaon and almost every car I see is an Accent and new ones at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
off late i have been noticing quite a few new accent executive's on road
speaks for itself
Old 21st May 2009, 15:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Accent is a good car ,no doubt about that fact.But as many said there is a product cycle for any car and there is a possiblity that it may be stopped too.But when you are ready to spend some hard earned money on something then you should look into all the aspects like ,resale,A.S.S,cost of parts,cost of ownership,how long do you intend to use it ,what other options are there available,which are the new entrants in the near future etc.In those lines i would advice you to think twice or still if you love that car go in for a used one which is not that old.Then the financial damage may be lesser.Sonata is a good car but why then people are not buying it?
ram
Old 21st May 2009, 15:37   #44
BHPian

it's worth it!! recently drove a friend's new accent and came back thinking it's definitely worth it. Good all round sedan.
Old 21st May 2009, 15:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

I agree Ram, the Accent is backed by good After Sales Svcs, low cost of maintenance etc.

Brands like Hyundai n Maruti are more associated to be mass market manufacturers. Hence, for someone looking at shelling out 14 L, they would like to go in for something like Honda, Skoda, VW etc

Else the Sonata is an excellent car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks