Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 14:53   #1
BHPian

is 2009 Sonata India bound?

Does anyone know if 2009 Sonata is coming to India? If yes When. I just saw the facelifted sonata on the Web and it seems to be great value if it makes it here in India.

Features seem to be Galore with Turning Headlights, New Bumper design, Great looking interiors (Atleast now they look at par with others of its class) Steering mounted controls, etc. Dashboard and center console have been completely redesigned and they look very nice.

I only wish they bring it here and soon. Infact i like the overall design and interiors much more than the new Honda Accord.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th November 2008 at 15:15. Reason: see note in post
Old 5th November 2008, 15:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

It is, i saw one being tested last weekend on NH47
Old 5th November 2008, 15:47   #3
BHPian

I saw a real car in the U.S. last night. Both exteriors and interiors look classy. The head lights, rear lights, front grill and bumpers look a lot better than that of the current Sonata. Even the interiors are in the league of Honda Accord. I'm not sure about the dimensions, but somehow I felt that the rear seats are little cramped compared to the one running on the Indian roads.

Cheers,
Naren
Old 5th November 2008, 21:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks not much different on the outside except for the grille

Though classy compared to the current embera.
Old 5th November 2008, 21:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

I liked the interiors. Very classy.
Old 6th November 2008, 15:08   #6
BHPian

yes the interiors are excellent except for those stupid pseudo Wooden trims. Gosh, why cant they just do away with those stupid imitations. I think Brushed Aluminum finish looks lot better.
Old 6th November 2008, 15:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

The interior looks MUCH better except that garish "wood" trim! But, the extended grill reminds me of the Elantra. And, no OVRM mounted turn indicators?
Old 6th November 2008, 16:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
The interior looks MUCH better except that garish "wood" trim! But, the extended grill reminds me of the Elantra. And, no OVRM mounted turn indicators?
This feature is probably one of many that substantially raises the price of spare parts and Hyundai doesn't have that reputation.

Wing mirrors are often the subjects of abuse in Indian traffic and is probably the most replaced item due to accidents.

IMO,don't think its a luxury necessity at all.
Old 6th November 2008, 16:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Lets hope they are 3rd time lucky !! Wasn't very impressed with the car. Hyundai makes some really dumb looking front grille for their cars.
Old 6th November 2008, 19:45   #10
BHPian

Why the elantra-ish grill again? Havent they learnt already? Hyundai will not dare to launch this in India after only 3 or maybe 7 of the previous Emberas were sold here.
Old 6th November 2008, 20:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
This feature is probably one of many that substantially raises the price of spare parts and Hyundai doesn't have that reputation.

Wing mirrors are often the subjects of abuse in Indian traffic and is probably the most replaced item due to accidents.

IMO,don't think its a luxury necessity at all.
I know this is not a luxury/necessity. Its the industry standard I guess
Old 6th November 2008, 20:59   #12
BHPian

Well even if they launch this version in India. I am not sure there will be many takers, as over the years sonata was unable to create a customer base owing to poor quality and pathetic FE.
Old 7th November 2008, 13:36   #13
evo
BHPian

I really really liked the Embera CRDi apart from the disgusting interiors. And this changes everything!!! Apart from the cheap pseudo wood trim (Scorpio has better plasto wood!)

Oh, cmon, Hyundai, get it here, and launch it at 10-11 lakh ex showroom!

This could be their civic and accord beater combined for the guys who like sitting at the back!

Last edited by evo : 7th November 2008 at 13:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks