Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 21:58   #1
BHPian

Fiesta ZXi or Swift VDI!!

i know these two cars belong to two different categories!!
but the 10 day discount bash of fiesta (petrol)promted me to have a look into it
i would like to know the driveability and comfort between these two models?!
all opinions are widely welcomed...(lol..but stick on to the topic)
Old 6th December 2008, 22:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you dont run more than 1300-1500km a month you should surely go for the fiesta. Its got a lot more of features than the VDi except for the engine that returns some good F.E figures along with good torque. THe fiesta is a much better car and its even a category above the hatch. I dont think you should waste time thinking. If you dont mind a petrol Fiesta Zxi is a steal at the current price.
Old 6th December 2008, 22:11   #3
BHPian

Agree with gemithomas. Fiesta ZXi is a different class altogther. If running is less that 1500km/month, go for it. Else a diesel makes sense. Even in that a Ikon Diesel is an option.
Old 6th December 2008, 22:34   #4
BHPian

being a proud of owner of swift Vdi,i would suggest the swift.If you cant bear the waiting period,fiesta it is then.
Old 6th December 2008, 22:52   #5
BHPian

frankly im just below 1000km/month but went for the swift VDi thinking about the fun to drive factor.
hows the driving experience in the fiesta petrol??and is the rear seat comfier than the swift??
i know the FE is lower than a swift and thats for sure!! but my low running justifies my less concern for that matter!!
Old 6th December 2008, 23:34   #6
BHPian

The rear seat is comfier in the fiesta and the fiesta is more drivable than the swift. But swift is another league itself if you can understand what i mean.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:53   #7
BHPian

go for the fiesta, period. it's amazing fun to drive, very peppy and a class apart.
did i mention it does not rattle?? heh heh...
no second thoughts, just go for it..
Old 7th December 2008, 11:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i know these two cars belong to two different categories!!
but the 10 day discount bash of fiesta (petrol)promted me to have a look into it
i would like to know the driveability and comfort between these two models?!
all opinions are widely welcomed...(lol..but stick on to the topic)
hey if you are planning to buy a fiesta then check out this Ford India cuts Fiesta price by up to Rs.91,000 - Yahoo! India News
and enquire about this well before. Better wait for sometime else you'll end up spending nearly a lac more
Old 7th December 2008, 11:49   #9
BANNED

i was in the same fix. my running is under 1k a month, being a ford owner previously and having horrid pasts of the same. im passing this offer this it is 1 lak more to me than the swift vdi. i just dont want to risk it, im better off living life with jap cars and jap stuff. i just cant see myself runnning another brands now. my vote swift vdi all the way, im booking one tomo. itself.
Old 7th December 2008, 14:25   #10
BHPian

ariendj i dont know about the A** factor with ford but otherwise with running of less than a 1000km/month fiesta looks like a more viable option. with swift you also have a loooooong waiting period.
fiesta will get along more features, a bigger boot and a quicker delivery. suit your choice and make the decision. all the best!!

Last edited by white_vdi : 7th December 2008 at 14:30.
Old 7th December 2008, 15:05   #11
BHPian

btw whats the waiting period for fiesta?
the comfortable factor is for my parents and the drive fun factor for me!!
the particular showroom i contacted told me that they will do A** promptly and will also take the car for servicing and return to my home without any extra charges.
anyways tomorrow il be making a final decision after a visit to the showroom!
Old 7th December 2008, 19:53   #12
BHPian

Go for the Fiesta dude it is the best it is more fun to drive, good handling.
Old 7th December 2008, 20:45   #13
BHPian

Dude, they are a different class altogether. Go for the Fiesta, without a second thought.
Old 7th December 2008, 22:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
btw whats the waiting period for fiesta?
the comfortable factor is for my parents and the drive fun factor for me!!
the particular showroom i contacted told me that they will do A** promptly and will also take the car for servicing and return to my home without any extra charges.
anyways tomorrow il be making a final decision after a visit to the showroom!
To be honest with you the chances of them actually sending a driver to pick up and drop the car for service are quite slim. I have a verna and I do know that they generally have driver shortages because of the mass demand.
Also, it should also be taken into consideration that by taking the car there personally you do put across a message saying that you care about the car and that you want the work done properly. Plus if you have issues with the car, you can explain it to them personally and while taking delivery you can make sure they havent dirtied the interiors or done something that would annoy you later.
Ok coming to the choice of car. Swift, i've said this before, way too many of them! And with the excessive demand waiting period is a true test of patience and I do think that the final quality of the car may not be great because of mass production. This doesnt take away the fact that the swift engine is fantastic and it has great FE. Overall decent VFM if your willing to put up with cramped seats and boot space, and pathetic interiors.
The fiesta, i presume your talking about the S series. From what I have read about it its supposed to be really good. I have driven my uncles diesel fiesta and while the performance is excellent, I find it a very rigid car. I didnt feel too comfortable driving it and even the interiors are average. Not sure if all this applies for the S series petrol too.
But for a final overall verdict, I thinkt he fiesta would be the way to go. Its going to cost u much more, but your getting much much more VFM. Make your final call based on some of the smaller requirements that you would need in the long term - FE, leg space and boot space and stuff like that that if were missing at some point of time would annoy you. In the process of talking about all the big things, we forget that even these small things count.
Old 7th December 2008, 22:44   #15
BHPian

@pras.oct25
im planning to go for the fiesta petrol ZXi and not the S version.its basically same stuff but with more bling factors(for the S version).
money is not an issue here between these two cars but comfort is.and rear seating comfort is a very big matter to me cause of my parents.
and i wouldn't mind a little fun drive factor for the fiesta(but thats just the second most important thing)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks