Team-BHP - Skoda vRS or Cedia?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Skoda vRS or Cedia? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/50703-skoda-vrs-cedia.html)

Cedia
- Rally pedigree
- Easier to maintain
- Mods are possible (Definitely needs a stiffer suspension setup)
- After driving the vRS ..the engine could be boring on a long run

vRS
- TURBO (..And the whistle)
- Superb handling (Love to take it to a track day and experience what its capable of)
- Discontinued
- Can be expensive to maintain
- The feel of the car

I am a Mitsu fan, but you will have to give it to the vRS...

I am looking more from you folks as to what you think on the same.

Mods: If you feel the need, please merge to appropriate threads.
From, what I have searched...did nt find this comparison.

-

VRS - Best drivers car in India in this price range hands down
Cedia - Can be modded to an EVOcheers:
Go with the Cedia as the VRS will be expensive to maintain.Mods for a Cedia can go on forever :thumbs up

If you are comparing engine of a stock vRS and a Cedia, anytime vRS is best.

Maintenance of the Cedia is much cheaper than the vRS.

Modification can be done on both the cars but modifying a vRS is again expensive.

The best part about the Cedia you have more options for modifying.

As you mentioned hardening of the cedia suspension is important.

If you just want to spend little money and have fun then the Cedia is best, if you are ready to spend more money and have fun then vRS is anytime best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raajks (Post 1094596)

vRS
- TURBO (..And the whistle)-

If it is the same 1.8T engine that VW used in 2000-2005 Audi A6 then you can not go wrong with that engine.
I had a A6 in the past (2001 model) with the same 1.8 T engine, and even after clocking over 150000 miles, it was faultless in terms of smoothness and performance.

Thanks for your response guys...good viewpoints ...

I am completely taken by the engine, equipment, handling on the car.
It feels amazing.

When I drove the Cedia it was good...but the test drive with vRS was magical (First Petrol turbo drive)

I am looking more on nitpicks.. issues ...
Long term ownership...emotional response to the car..

I am sure that vRS would be emotionally rewarding...but I would like to know if the spares would be available.....

If driven right..would the Skoda remain reliable...
Is it an Elephant to manage? or a beast which can be tamed :confused:

if u care about money dont go for vRS...if you love driving and hate getting overtaken go for the vRS
vRS is in a different leagues alltogether in stock form and the pulling power is absolutely addictive. It also has several goodies and gadgets to play with.
Cedia on the other hand is a more sedate car which can be modded and can also be swapped with a MIVEC engine.
yes vRS can be an elephant to maintain, its a beast which sometimes is hard to control, the service is pathetic, dealers are literally thieves BUT everytime you drive vRS you forget everything!
the choice is yours :)

Just get an old gen Lancer and put a MIVEC engine in it. Performance on par with vRS and more and you get to mod it like crazy still within the vRS price.

What sort of budget are you looking at?

I'd better copy paste what Ashish22 has written

If you want driving thrill, its gotta be the vRs. If you want a decent ride with lower maintenance, its the cedia to go for.

All the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1096104)
What sort of budget are you looking at?

None.
PM me if you have anything interesting :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1096053)
Just get an old gen Lancer and put a MIVEC engine in it. Performance on par with vRS and more and you get to mod it like crazy still within the vRS price.

The flipsides to this option:
- Engine, transmission, ECU etc would need to be imported, so logistics need to be arranged. You also need to take care of import duties, registration issues etc.
- Engine would be used (usually from an crashed car), and there is always a certain amount of risk in the reliability of old engines.
- You would be getting either a 4g92 or a 6a12 engine, both of which have been phased out. Sourcing spare parts for them is not going to be easy. Fellow BHPian Ricky_63 had a tough time with this while trying to do a MIVEC transplant in his Lancer.
- You would need to upgrade the brakes, suspension and maybe even the instrument console.
- You need to find a workshop which has experience in such transplants. Not too many of them in India.
- Like any heavily modified car, this will have a teething period, where you will need to sort out niggling issues - some vital, some minor. This usually entails several trips to the workshop. Bottom-line: needs PLENTY of patience.

Those are the cons. I just wanted to put them on the table to help you make an informed decision. A MIVEC transplant is an idea I have been toying with for a long time, but there are just too many cons on the list for me :(
vid has already pointed out the main positive - which is owning a car that is on par with the vRS. Perfect candidate for a sleeper car which can outrun most cars sold in the country south of the 20L mark.

Regd the main topic of the thread - Cedia vs vRS, I think the vRS owners have told you what you need to know - that it's not a cheap car to maintain and Skoda a.s.s is bad (by the way, Mitsubishi a.s.s is just as bad in my part of the country).
But, if you're buying the car for the car alone, then the vRS is the clear choice. The Cedia is a good option B, but its performance will never really excite. If you attempt modifications like engine transplants, turbo-ing etc, you are taking away the reliability factor and potentially raising the cost of maintenance.
My pick would be the vRS.

any info on used vRS in blore?

ajmat has one. Check for his thread regarding this.

Ajmat bought his in Mumbai.

How many of you have used the vRS for a tarmac Autocross??
I know that it is a brilliant road car...

With a suspension hardening or even a J Anand on the Cedia...you can think of doing a Tarmac or even a gravel autocross