Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:43   #1
BHPian

Buying a Daewoo Nexia?

Dear All first of all let me wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year. Now I have a query on which I need your help. I am in need of a car for my wife who is an advocate to commute to the court a total distance of about 40-42 Kms from home to court and back. I have a Santro and a Ambassador diesel 2000 with the Isuzu engine, but she is not very keen on using these cars as I too need to use one of them to commute to work. So we are thinking of buying a used car. In the meantime my friend who is in the US had come home for the new year and have decided to take his mother with him, since there will be no one in the house, he has offered to sell me his Nexia for rs 30,000/-, now I know that the Nexia is defunct, but his car is in a very good shape so am interested to pick it up.

The help that I need from you all my friends is to let me know if it is a very difficult car to maintain, also are spares a big issue? I live in Assam and if needed spares can be procured from the Metros with your help, however only if you could please provide me the contact details of the dealers who stock these. Service would not be an issue as I know the local Chevrolet dealer and have helped him a lot to set up his dealership and his mechanics could take care of the service.

Phew it was a long one hope I am not being too much of a bother and will receive your help.
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:24   #2
BHPian

The Nexia was launched after the Cielo, it was a good car with a powerfull engine but alas Daewoo was on its way down then. If its a good car 30k is nothing . Pick it up spares shud not be a problem as GM i guess services and has spares for Daewoo products. Best of luck and post some pics of te Nexia.
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:29   #3
BHPian

Spares would be a big problem in Nexia..
I had owned one and had bad experiences procuring the spares. The dealers overcharge for spares since there is a shortage of daewoo spares in the market.
Otherwise its a good car.
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I live in Assam and if needed spares can be procured from the Metros with your help
The price and condition might seduce you. But, I'd suggest you stay away.
Why because...Finding Daewoo spares in metros is similar to finding fiat spares in Assam
You'd be better off using a M800 except for the exclusivity factor.
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Don't bother, finding spares is a pain the rear end even in Metro's so Assam is going to be downright impossible.
Old 3rd January 2009, 17:07   #6
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Don't bother, finding spares is a pain the rear end even in Metro's so Assam is going to be downright impossible.
Lifewater my advice is stay away for the reasons corroborated by forum members already. I had my OHC brought to Dhubri, Assam from NOIDA (the bloody transporter smashed the front of my car which am sure they used as a taxi for a few days before putting it on the transport truck) and struggled to get it serviced. Though Honda Kolkata guys did service camps at Siliguri and Guwahati every 3 months but they were not as equipped as a full fledged Honda service station. With Daweoo now being defunct the prospects look even bleaker for you. I thought of selling my OHC off in Assam (then 5 yrs old 43km on odo) for 2L but did not find any takers. I finally had it brought back to NOIDA again. Although it is another story that in the round trip transportation I spent around Rs 26k and close to 55k more in repairs of the damages caused by the **** transporter.
Old 3rd January 2009, 17:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nexia was the more powerful version of cielo, 16 valve, 100 bhp engine. the spare where hard to find when it was in production forget about it now. very thirsty [read 5-10kmpl].
You can contact chevy dealer and find out if they can help you as they are servicing the old matiz. so they may have the spare for these too.
Old 5th January 2009, 07:21   #8
BHPian

Thank You So Much for your Replies

Hey friends, thank you so much for your advices. I have decided not to go for the car after reading your replies. Almost bit the bullet but with such good people on the forum was saved. Thanks Once again.

Cheers

Lifewater
Old 5th January 2009, 09:12   #9
BHPian

Wise decision mate...

Mods: Pls lock this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifewater View Post
Hey friends, thank you so much for your advices. I have decided not to go for the car after reading your replies. Almost bit the bullet but with such good people on the forum was saved. Thanks Once again.

Cheers

Lifewater

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks