Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 13:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you to wait & TD the Linea P and then decide.

Both are good cars, prioritise your needs & go for the one that fulfills the most.
Old 21st January 2009, 15:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Based on what you have said, you seem to have clearly liked Fiesta.

Close your eyes and go for it then!
Old 21st January 2009, 16:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Go for Fiesta. It's obvious you haven't liked the Linea. Don't wait for the TD. Linea will clearly be less FTD then Fiesta.
Old 21st January 2009, 16:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The S has 15 inch alloys as opposed to the SXI's 14 inch. The suspension is also supposed to have been tweaked to deliver better road holding etc. The S comes in a gorgeous shade of Blue that you won't find on the SXI. Doesn't have leather though (which the SXI has) and IIRC, they've stinged on the music system on the S. Not sure about the ABS & Airbags, I think they're available on the S as well.

Both the 1.6 SXI & the S share the same engine specifications so I don't see why the S would be extra powerful. As I said, if you are going to be burning a lot of rubber & taking the roads by storm, go for the S. Else, go with the SXI.
Extra In 1.6S
1. Stiffer Suspension in S
2. 15" Alloys in S
3. Side Skirts in S
4. Rear Spoiler in S
5. Sporty Pedals in S
6. Different Engine Mapping in S

In SXI,
1. Leather Seats,
2. Rear Arm Rest,
3. Indicator in OVRM,
4. Chrome, chrome and Chrome everywhere,

Airbags, ABS, EBD, Music System etc., are common in these 2 models.

I Test drove both and went in for SXI for the comfort levels. Hardly 2 months old and driven around 3.5K now.
Believe me, I have never regretted choosing Fiesta over SX4, NHC, Verna etc., This car is such a fun to drive with such an eager - rev happy engine.
Old 21st January 2009, 16:24   #20
BHPian

If its driving pleasure you are looking for, look away from the Linea, especially with its current set of engines. The Lineas target market at present is the aam junta and not driving enthusiasts like us. Have'nt yet driven the Fiesta 1.6S, but my hands are itching to get hold of one. I personally love the seats in the 1.6S. Just go for that blue or maroon Fiesta 1.6S. Good luck!
Old 21st January 2009, 16:28   #21
BHPian

For the sheer joy of driving, get the fiesta, for everything else, Linea.
Old 21st January 2009, 16:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The S has 15 inch alloys as opposed to the SXI's 14 inch. The suspension is also supposed to have been tweaked to deliver better road holding etc. The S comes in a gorgeous shade of Blue that you won't find on the SXI. Doesn't have leather though (which the SXI has) and IIRC, they've stinged on the music system on the S. Not sure about the ABS & Airbags, I think they're available on the S as well.

Both the 1.6 SXI & the S share the same engine specifications so I don't see why the S would be extra powerful. As I said, if you are going to be burning a lot of rubber & taking the roads by storm, go for the S. Else, go with the SXI.
Yes the Fiesta 1.6 S has airbags, ABS and EBD, similar to the 1.6 sxi.
It is supposed to provide better handling on account of the tweaked suspension, but at the cost of ride quality. I really love those 15" alloys, but I've read somewhere that those contribute to lower FE, but I'm not sure.
What I know is that the 1.6 S does not have adjustable head rests on the rear seats, so if you're going for a long journey, those at the back will start cursing. Funny how Ford neglected this factor.

I'm yet to see a Linea in person, but the pics on this forum do look good, on the exterior. On the interior, I did not quite like the steering wheel--looks too Palioish for me. The lack of headroom at the rear is also a matter of concern. Morever, I don't think the underpowered petrol engine of the Linea will match the Ford's.
Old 21st January 2009, 17:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

choose the car you like. Guess you didn't like the Linea - so don't even consider it. Finally you have to drive it, so it doesn't matter what others say is the "best" car.

As for gadgets - if you have a doubt if you need it, then probably you don't need it Two thing you might want are safety features - like airbags & ABS
Old 21st January 2009, 17:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Isnt the FIESTA much cheaper than the 8 odd lakhs you mention here ? I thought prices dropped in December. Has FORD started selling back at the earlier prices ?!! ( very un-FORD like )

you might want to wait and watch and see if that juicy DEC offer comes back again !
Old 21st January 2009, 18:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

It seems as per your requirement Fiesta 1.6S suits you fine as recommended by others as well. Drive both and am sure you will make your mind just on basis of TD.
Old 21st January 2009, 18:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, I'd actually question the driving enthusiast == enthusiastic driving assumption. I love driving, and working gears, point and shoot characteristics and decent cornering ability without throwing a fuss are what make or break it for me - and in the rather short TD I did not find the Linea lacking. Yes, its slower than my OHC off the blocks and its top speed may not match that of other sedans, but i'm more than happy with a decently reached 120 and these figures are just part of the whole deal - I'm hardly racing at lights anyhow. The overall feel of the car is very solid and unperturbed, and I really loved the ride.
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:38   #27
BHPian

narayan -

This is Bangalore OTR whch is always high. In fact, the price I mentioned is after a good corporate discount. In december they had the same vehicle at a price of 7.7 OTR. Now with the new stocks, they have revised the pricing. As some of you have suggested, I am going to wait for sometime to check Ford's pricing strategy to compete against Linea.
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
On the interior, I did not quite like the steering wheel--looks too Palioish for me.

I haven't seen the Linea in person too. From the pictures and after talking to romil, I understand that the steering is better then the Palio's. I do agree that the Palio steering isn't good to look it. It's XL sized and I hate big steerings.
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

The Linea 1.4 obviously will not be as much fun to drive as the Fiesta 1.6. If you ar looking for a more compact car with great handling and cornering capabilitites that is real fun to drive. You should go for the Fiesta 1.6. Whether the Sxi or the S depends on how much stilffer a suspension setup you love (read as ho much more you want to throw tha car around corners).

If you are looking for a bigger car and want to ride in comfort you should have a look at the linea. At that price thats the most comfortable car to be in. The higher service intervals and the Blue&Me would just be some added goodies.
Old 28th January 2009, 18:55   #30
BHPian

I waited for the Linea for some time and went for the Fiesta S end of Nov, Took delivery mid December and started to learn driving on that. Its ~3K KM now. Highway FE of 14.5, dont want to talk about the city driving as I'm still awful in managing city traffic on Indira nagar 100 feet road to EGL.

I went over to look up the Linea, Loved the tail lamps. liked the fact that the Windshield is so far of from its rear seat and higher visibility all around. didn't like the centre console or the beige treatment. But unless there is a 110 BHP plus engine this car is not for me. @least 100+BHP would have made me think may be I could have waited. But I still love the Fiesta S.

I still managed to scrape the speedbreakers on near Mysore. So SXI with its softer suspension and a known speedbreaker scraper @ that clearly is not my choice (may be a more experienced driver would manage to avoid that even on a SXI.

If I hadn't bought it then and had a choice between Linea and add i20 I would still have gone for the Fiesta S.

As for the Ford A.S.S I did the first oil change as recommended on this forum and the experience was nothing to complain about. As I had inferred the Ford =A.S.S issues is a perception carried over from earlier models of Ford and over time they have gotten over most if it.

You can go for the Fiesta and rest assured that even if Fiat end up offering a 1.6-110 BHP Linea you have the better car and better *** support.

Only thing you have the gamble on is if you want to buy now with what ever discount you get or by march when they will drop prices(throw in free insurance for example) or give goodies on the lower speced models.

As for the rear head rest if you dont expect rear seat occupant taller than 5'7" they will not be able to use it for long anyway. most tend to sag or slump in the seat.

The stiffer suspension is true and may be a .5 KMPL penalty for the wider rubber but they don't get in the way for the most part.

You can always add the leather seats later or right away for another 11K same ones as SXI from the dealer so dont let that get in the way of the cornering capability and the gorgeous Aquarius Blue that you can go for on the S.

ORVM lights are more of an additional thing to pay for during accident repairs and believe me it going to get damaged especially in BLR traffic conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks