Old 9th February 2009, 11:00   #31
BHPian

Thought of the Civic, but it wil surely go above 12L :(
Old 9th February 2009, 11:18   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
Thought of the Civic, but it wil surely go above 12L :(
But then so will the altis which are test driving today!
Old 9th February 2009, 11:33   #33
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thats right! IMO Altis should solve the dilemma for you but remember the Altis will eventually cross 12+ and so does the Civic.
Old 17th February 2009, 08:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Long time no updates? what happened?
Old 17th February 2009, 11:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Bland

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I don't understand this... you have a budget of Rs 12 lakhs and you want a quality car which is to be chauffer driven and has to exude a good image and you still don't shortlist the Altis? Why?

And I think you are too smitten by the looks of the Linea. However, while it may not a bad car if driven by a driver, the rear seat comfort couldbe compromised (from what I hear)

Very well said about Fiats, Gemi. They are not fill it, shut it, forget it cars although I have been doing just that for 10 months and 18,000 kms now.
The Corolla / Altis is a bland looking car, or to put it differently - a zero image car. It is definitely inoffensive looking and might even be considered easy on the eye, it however does not make any lasting impression particularly in white/cream. Image wise it is ideal for people who want to be inobtrusive and wish to melt into the background. From what I remember of the old Corolla, it is a competent car and is comfortable for passengers (I have never driven one).

Cheers,
Old 18th February 2009, 06:54   #36
BHPian

Well, sorry folks, I was quite busy at work. Even Sis and Bro-in-law were held up. Will keep you guys updated.
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:39   #37
BHPian

Its been a while...
We again went to the Hyundai showroom for a TD of the i10, as sister wanted a small car to start off with. Took the TD and I was impressed by the power and handling. Asked them to go for it and it was decided. Phew!!!
Finally, going in for the top end with sun roof and the likes.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, hopefully would be going in for a bigger car in a year's time .
Old 4th March 2009, 15:43   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
B

The Corolla / Altis is a bland looking car, or to put it differently - a zero image car.
I'd agree that the previous generation Corolla was plain vanilla, but the Altis is a pretty solid looker. Its got understated charm, I love the Camry-like front end and the mature rear. Have seen some done up with a neat set of alloys and they looked fab (in an OHC sort of way).
Old 10th March 2009, 17:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'd agree that the previous generation Corolla was plain vanilla, but the Altis is a pretty solid looker. Its got understated charm, I love the Camry-like front end and the mature rear..
I quite find it the opposite. The old Corolla was neat and clean (not too much tho).

This one has puffy eyelids and a protruding nose.

And something I disliked most about the design was:

The rear reflectors! Look like they came off a cycle shop!

No offences meant! Just my views
Old 11th March 2009, 01:38   #40
BHPian

budjet of 12 lacs and getting i10? sad. to hear atleast get the automatic one.

if i had 12 lacs i would have gone for safari VX.(black) even if i was learning. because you can practise on a small hatch to learn car driving. but for SUV where will you go lolz

so anyways you learn to deal with an suv when you buy one. and boy oh boy does the safari makes a statement or what!. the back seat is a sofa lolz they say it. and if chauffer driven then you can watch movies on DVD screens lolz. let the driver take car of the hassle of city driving. it can carry upto seven people. has all safety features. has 140 hp. and looks brutal. too.!

why not a SAFARI?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks