Team-BHP - Which Chauffered Petrol Sedan between 9 - 13 Lacs?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Which Chauffered Petrol Sedan between 9 - 13 Lacs? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/56057-chauffered-petrol-sedan-between-9-13-lacs.html)

Hello BHP-ians,

I need urgent advice on choosing the right sedan in the price range of 9 to 13 Lacs, keeping in mind the following points:

1) The car will be used in Kolkata, known for its pot-holed roads and parking problems.

2) It will be used well within city limits as a Point A to Point B transport with the a/c on. Max travel per day will not exceed 20 kms.

3) 95% of the driving will be done by the chauffer. So the main highlight of the car needs to be the best back seat in its class, followed by a great suspension to take care of the bad roads.

4) Frequent airport duty will require decent luggage space.

5) Last but not the least, the image factor, easy maintenance and robust build also need to be considered.

I have short-listed the following cars:

1) New Honda City
2) Chevrolet Optra Magnum (petrol)
3) Fiat Linea
4) Toyota Corolla Altis
5) Honda Civic

Though I love Honda cars, I am not too keen on the Civic as it is primarily driver focussed and is too low for Kolkata roads. (Dont want the chauffer to have all the fun!) Honda City, though great to look at disappoints with the plasticky interiors. Besides, it appears too compact as a chauffer-driven car.

Please revert urgently with your suggestions,

Vikas

I'd suggest that you take a test drive of either the Optra Magnum or the Corolla Altis. I'd personally favour the latter, but the Optra Magnum is a very good car as well. However, the Toyota might be easier to maintain than the Chevrolet.

Considering your needs, the best option is a Corolla or Magnum. The corolla will cost more initially but will offer you more frills and better service backup and will potentially be much more reliable in the long run.

Altis it is!
Fits all your requirements - good ground clearance (for the bad roads), good back seat & Toyota reliability.A manual would do since the car is mostly chauffer driven.

Yes, I agree Alis it has to be.
Considering you have already ruled out the civic.

stupid:Indigo XL? Please find the reasons in bold

Quote:

1) The car will be used in Kolkata, known for its pot-holed roads and parking problems.

Potholes are simply not an issue for an indigo, with miles of suspension travel!

2) It will be used well within city limits as a Point A to Point B transport with the a/c on. Max travel per day will not exceed 20 kms.
Rear AC vents! what more do you need?

3) 95% of the driving will be done by the chauffer. So the main highlight of the car needs to be the best back seat in its class, followed by a great suspension to take care of the bad roads.

An Indigo XL is by far the best for this - best rear seat comfort and bad road handling

4) Frequent airport duty will require decent luggage space.
should be adequate

5) Last but not the least, the image factor, easy maintenance and robust build also need to be considered.
image factor is where the car takes a hit, but build and maintenence are pretty ok, but nowhere near a toyota/honda

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1241121)
stupid:Indigo XL? Please find the reasons in bold

I know that today is April Fool's mate, but recommending the Indigo over any of the 5 shortlisted cars above has to be madness! :p

the indigo XL is a straight fit because the requirements are
1. mostly chaffeur driven
2. bad roads
3. good ac
4. rear space

they just SCREAM indigo XL. The indigo XL will beat or match all the above cars w.r.t to those criteria.
The only case where it would not be appropriate would be for the image factor , or if its going to be self driven.

IF the running is only 20 kms i think Toyota corolla is the best option ,Optra is a good car too with brilliant engine but then for diesel at least 1000 kms is desirable

Considering all the factors you had mentioned I think Corolla Altis suits your requirements. Hey why not the petrol Innova? I think the only problem with the Innova is while parking but that can be overlooked since it is chauffeur driven.

The Civic is a no no considering the potholes you mentioned.

Your best bet is a Corolla Altis. I have driven this car extensively and a lot of friends too own it in my circle. It is a fantastic car and will fullfill all your needs listed above.

TD one soon and I am sure you will finalise it.

Its a no-brainer for me - Altis!

However, do note that Greenhorn has a very valid recommendation if the Image criteria is given a low priority. The Indigo XL has the best rear seat in the business.......
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1241165)
the indigo XL is a straight fit because the requirements are
1. mostly chaffeur driven
2. bad roads
3. good ac
4. rear space

they just SCREAM indigo XL. The indigo XL will beat or match all the above cars w.r.t to those criteria.
The only case where it would not be appropriate would be for the image factor , or if its going to be self driven.

Hi Vikas,In a nutshell you will enjoy the ownership experience.
All the very best and happy driving.

This should be simple enough - Altis!

got to be the altis!