Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2009, 14:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

I thought it was fairly obvious. By indica, most people mean the older one. The newer one is referred to as the vista, to avoid confusion. Sorry if you misunderstood

The vista is generally considered the 2nd generation indica, and the older ones are all first generation. The differences between the others are trivial to call them new generations. Versions ? maybe.

If you want to be a stickler for versions, one should consider all the engine versions and bodystyles ( 1.4 carb, 1.4 mpfi, 1.2mpfi, 1.4mpfi DOHC petrols, 1.4 NA,1.4 TC, 1.4TCIC, 1.4dicor among the engines, the v1 and the v2 in the first ('98-2004) body style , then the '04-'06 look body style, the '07 onwards look for the indica's alone).

I'm comparing the indigo CS TDI with my '07 Indica DLG. Engine wise , ( and before the recent face lift) appearance wise they are quite similar

I think its the regular indigo which will be ramped down, not the CS. The vista sedan will be occupying the current indigo's price point. The CS competes with the vista hatch

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st June 2009 at 15:01.

Most Viewed