Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 13:35   #31
CJP
BHPian

Folks, thanks again for keeping the conversation going. This is getting to be an interesting thread.

AirbusA340, your observations are valid. After GM declared Chapter 11, I am a skeptical too. And the VW brand is still very young in the market and given the rather low volumes - from Skoda to VW could well be a jump from the frying pan into the fire!

My experiences with Hyundai dealers have been great, particularly Trident Hyundai in Bangalore. Always willing to go the extra mile for you. Therefore, Sonata continues to be in the list.

Given GM's uncertain future, I would degrade the Cruze and move the Sonata one rank. so my revised ranking would be as follows:-

1. Corolla Altis Diesel
2. Sonata Transform
3. Chevy Cruze
4. Jetta

Depending on which forum or auto magazine you read, the Corolla is rumored to be available in a 1.4 litre Diesel or a 1.9 litre Diesel. Not too sure which one is closer to the truth. Am surprised that beyond some speculation, a major change in strategy (for Toyota) is not getting the press that one would expect it to. I am keeping my ears and eyes open and my fingers crossed for the Toyota Diesel.

In the meanwhile, my trusty Accent continues to do the 120 odd km a day in Bangalore's stifling, soul killing traffic! 90,000 KM and still going strong - thank you Hyundai!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks