Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 09:57   #1
BHPian

Sell 2 hatches, but one sedan?

Hi people,

Dilemma, need help. Facts of the case:

1. Own a 2004 Hyundai Santro Xing (immaculate condition, 18,000 Kms odo)
2. Own a 2004 Indica DLS (Good condition, 53,000 Kms odo)
3. Bought myself a Scorpio that I will use for daily office runs

Second car mostly used by wife / dad for office use, domestic work. I wanted your opinion on whether I should sell both these hatchbacks (will fetch me around 3.8 L combined) and buy a Hyundai Accent?

Or just sell my indica, pocket the change and let the wifey use ths Santro for another couple of years. My fear is to the extent the santro value will depreciate in the next 2 years and whether it will be wise to hold on. Also, the accent is rather dated, but since I have a budget of 5.5 L, it's the only sedan that I can afford. Wifey is not very comfortable with the Indigo or even with used sedans.

The other option is to sell the two and buy a Swift or something, but then it is still a hatch.

Some help would be greatly appreciated
Old 24th July 2009, 10:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Shekhar, for your budget only Dzire , Accent , Ikon and Logan come to my mind. Among all of these Dzire's petrol motor is more refined and peppy . But i think only Dzire LXi MIGHT fall in your budget or you might have to stretch a bit more.

Frankly i would suggest you to go for a premium hatchback like i20 ( though above your budget) would be good enough for city driving.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:35   #3
BHPian

A booted car is not really for domestic runs. I would just keep using the 18K run Santro, given its already past its prime depreciation, and holding further might drop by ~20K/Yr, its much easier for lady/dad's driving and still has many more miles left. Just dispose off the Indica and realize the savings!
Old 24th July 2009, 13:49   #4
BHPian

Hi Airwind and Karan,

Thannks for the replies. I think I will let the wifey use the santro for a couple more years. Indica will fetch me 1.5 L, which means my scorpio will have costed me only 2.75 out of pocket
Old 24th July 2009, 14:49   #5
BHPian

Wise decision! Glad we could help! Thank the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Hi Airwind and Karan,

Thannks for the replies. I think I will let the wifey use the santro for a couple more years. Indica will fetch me 1.5 L, which means my scorpio will have costed me only 2.75 out of pocket
Old 26th July 2009, 00:35   #6
BHPian

wise choice.

But if you are thinking for a new car for Wify, than i10 AT will be the best bet. A nice, pappy, with automatic comfirt, well in your budget. Your wifewill love to drive it in the city.
Old 27th July 2009, 08:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But if you are thinking for a new car for Wify, than i10 AT
I second that. Ease to drive. Only that if you dont mind the mileage

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks