Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 14:52   #1
BHPian

Skoda Laura 2009?

I have been searching the forums, and I am not sure if its because of my inefficiency in using the search feature, or due to a total boycott of Skoda, I could not find a single post on the Laura 2009.

It has been more than a month since its launch and I have seen a few on the road, but no one seems to be posting anything abt it.

I intend to buy one and wanted to hear what tbhpians have to say about the car. And would be really grateful if someone could give a drive or ownership report on it.
Old 12th August 2009, 02:28   #2
BHPian

i have driven both the 1.8 TSI and the 2.0 tdi versions. Both are great cars in their own rights. The diesel has been priced outrageously though. Performance from both the cars is simply outstanding, especially the petrol. I cant comment on the service cause i havent owned a skoda, but from wht you and i have read on the forum, i believe skoda def has to do a lot of work there.
Old 12th August 2009, 07:11   #3
BHPian

Car is good but you must be blind/brave/naive to buy it!!!

Nothing wrong with the Laura Petrol. In fact it is one car below 13 lakhs that my GTX cannot keep up with in the twisties nor in outright acceleration. I am talking about the Petrol and not the diesel. But you must be an extremely brave man or blind to buy it and then be forced to take it to the authorized service centers. I too might buy it on a hefty 4 lakh discount and forgo the warranty if thats possible. Infact I did forego the warranty in the case of my GTX for a 1 lakh discount on a brand new car which is trouble free for the last 6 years and 12 days except for an accelerator cable. I have yet to take the car for the first service at the authorized service center as I do all the fluid changes personally. Taking it to the authorized service centers for service is an absolute no no especially for Skoda in Cochin and Tata/Fiat combine in Cochin and Trivandrum as it is like commiting HARA-KIRI of our hard earned money. I cannot confirm competency levels in other parts of India but the fresh post below should be an eye opener in the case of SKoda. Both the cars mentioned are extremely good and the best value for money in their respective class but A.S.S is another story.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-users-4.html

Last edited by drpullockaran : 12th August 2009 at 07:18.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
i have driven both the 1.8 TSI and the 2.0 tdi versions. Both are great cars in their own rights. The diesel has been priced outrageously though.
The 2.0 diesel is priced outrageously is because you TD-ed the L&K.
the Ambiente and the Elegance come with a 1.9. and are way cheaper than the L&K.

Yep, the service and dealer issues are hella, and I really hope they wake up in time. Because this seems to balling into a very major issue and they might have to bite the dust at this rate.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:36   #5
BHPian

Rowhun, the service provided by the dealer in Hyderabad is pretty decent. I have had no complaints with them yet in my association with a Skoda car in last 4 years. There are others on this forum from Hyderabad who also have had no complaints yet. Touch wood.

Having said that, you may want to get the opinion from other Skoda owners in Hyderabad on their A.S.S. experiences.

Back to the car, I think 1.8TPi is a fantastic engine to drive. IMHO, Skoda should have also launched the vRS version of the Laura.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

We have thread on new Laura Here (The soon to be launched facelifted Skoda Laura. EDIT : Now launched) and Here (New Skoda Laura launched in India (Facelift+2 new engines))

Here is the Test Drive Report - New Laura 1.8 TSi

Please continue the discussion there.

Thread Closed

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th August 2009 at 13:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks