Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 21:12   #1
GKS
BHPian

Automatic car for my wife

Dear all,

Planing to purchase a car for my wife, main purpose will be to drop and pick up kids from school which is located couple of kms away and grocery run. I want the car to be safe, automatic transmission, A/C, power steering and if possible power windows.

Any suggestions and advise will be most welcome, Please exclude BMW and Mercedes.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

You have posted the thread in Sedan section, the only AT sedan that comes to my mind in this segment around 10 lacs are - Verna AT and ANHC AT- ANHC 'S' AT has been discontinued . ANHC 'V' will be out with more features and hefty price hike.

For your wife's usage a hatchback like i10 AT would fit the bill . I would suggest i10 AT.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:26   #3
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
You have posted the thread in Sedan section, the only AT sedan that comes to my mind in this segment around 10 lacs are - Verna AT and ANHC AT- ANHC 'S' AT has been discontinued . ANHC 'V' will be out with more features and hefty price hike.

For your wife's usage a hatchback like i10 AT would fit the bill . I would suggest i10 AT.
Thanks but she hasn't finished her driving course yet, and already mind set on getting a Scorpio, You see what I mean, she will never settle for hatchback. I prefer a sedan. Heard Hyundai has one out
Old 28th August 2009, 21:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi GKS,

I guess santro A/T (if its still being sold) or the i10 A/T (maybe the magna variant) is perfectly suited to your need.
I am tempted to suggest the i10 Asta A/T, as it has airbag and ABS (its for your wife and kid right!!), but you pay around 5.86 OTR price (in Kolkata).
If your wife is confident about driving a sedan, you could get hyundai verna 1.5 SX CRDi VGT Automatic, but remember that its a diesel, and i dont think airbags are offered in it. ABS is there though.
Going upwards your options open up with the ANHC A/T (around 11 OTR), and offering from mahindra - Scorpio(!!).
Do let know if you want higher price range offerings.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

My dad uses a REVA, and we bought it used. It was used by a lady before, to drop off her kid to Kinder Garten. Its an awesome vehicle and gives you everything apart from power windows.

Its very easy to park, and very safe. If you got to the REVA showroom, they bang a huge sledgehammer on the car with huge force and there is not even a scratch. Its extremely tough and versatile, its the closest you can get to a gearless scooter.

On the road, the only thing that would attract more attention would be a red FERRARI

Think about it

If its any other car, then its got to be the i10 KAPPA
Attached Thumbnails
Automatic car for my wife-2244.jpg  

Automatic car for my wife-gul_reva.jpg  

Automatic car for my wife-gwizi.jpg  

Automatic car for my wife-reva02.jpg  

Old 28th August 2009, 21:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post
I prefer a sedan. Heard Hyundai has one out
What would be her monthly usage? I assume it would be less than 1000km/m.
If budget is not a constraint and a petrol AT sedan is in your radar wait for better equipped and more expensive ANHC 'V' AT else Verna AT.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:37   #7
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
What would be her monthly usage? I assume it would be less than 1000km/m.
If budget is not a constraint and a petrol AT sedan is in your radar wait for better equipped and more expensive ANHC 'V' AT else Verna AT.
Initially usage will be very very low.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:39   #8
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
My dad uses a REVA, and we bought it used. It was used by a lady before, to drop off her kid to Kinder Garten. Its an awesome vehicle and gives you everything apart from power windows.

Its very easy to park, and very safe. If you got to the REVA showroom, they bang a huge sledgehammer on the car with huge force and there is not even a scratch. Its extremely tough and versatile, its the closest you can get to a gearless scooter.

On the road, the only thing that would attract more attention would be a red FERRARI

Think about it

If its any other car, then its got to be the i10 KAPPA
cool car man, my son loved it. But my better half hates hatchbacks.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want the car to be safe, automatic transmission, A/C, power steering and if possible power windows.
Forget the sedans. Get the i20 Automatic. Easy to park and drive, the feature list far exceeds your expectations and all the features anyone could ever ask for from a hatch / mid-size sedan, quite a looker, safe as can be whether with 2/6 airbags, and an automatic too. Pachchu's got one, wait for his full review and then make your decision.

Even if she hates hatches, you have got to take her to check out the i20. The interior and feature list is bound to impress anyone. Atleast she will consider it.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th August 2009 at 21:41.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Forget the sedans. Get the i20 Automatic. Easy to park and drive, the feature list far exceeds your expectations and all the features anyone could ever ask for from a hatch / mid-size sedan, quite a looker, safe as can be whether with 2/6 airbags, and an automatic too. Pachchu's got one, wait for his full review and then make your decision.

Even if she hates hatches, you have got to take her to check out the i20. The interior and feature list is bound to impress anyone. Atleast she will consider it.
absolutely agree with flyingspur. I don't know how i missed mentioning the i20 1.4 A/T Asta / Asta(O). Airbags, ABS, 14" discs on all 4 wheels and superior A/T rounds off a near perfect design.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:55   #11
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

its worth a try. Will do that
Old 28th August 2009, 21:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

i10,i20 out as you want sedan.

Verna has an AT but I am not sure if it comes with their petrol. Hyundai coz its will be easier to maintain. Honda is a good option but over priced IMHO.

On the SUV side; MM is the only option under 13lacs else the sexy CRV.

EDIT: i20 top end CRDi if you can
Old 28th August 2009, 21:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its worth a try. Will do that
By the way, another thought just crossed my mind. Is a used '07 Civic A/T or a '05 / '06 previous gen Accord A/T an option?

PS: Congratulations. 50th post. You're a BHP'ian now!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th August 2009 at 22:00.
Old 28th August 2009, 22:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Verna has an AT but I am not sure if it comes with their petrol. Hyundai coz its will be easier to maintain. Honda is a good option but over priced IMHO.

No, verna A/T only comes in diesel.
Also, i20 CRDi does not come with an A/T.
Guess this thread is inching towards the MM Scorpio VLX with a 6 speed A/T. No airbags with it though.
Old 28th August 2009, 22:10   #15
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

dear JK

Honda CRV and Nissan X trail did cross my mind but dont want those to be her first car. I am looking for a car preferably a sedan in which she can get used to driving in MC road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks