Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 18:00   #16
MCR
BHPian

The overall build quality of Fiesta is better compared to the Swift Dzire. If you can go through the ownership reviews and DIY's you will find that odd rattles are present in the swift/Swift Dzire.
In the brief test drive of Swift Dzire,following is what I could assimilate;
1. The Diesel engine(after 2000rpm) is like a plane onthe runway just before takeoff!
2. The rear seat angle is a bit more inclined and hence the "king size" feeling.
3. The Driving dynamics are just like Swift, however the boot tends to shoot off the line when turning at higher speeds.
4. The suspension thuds on every pothole and hump.
5. Tyre noise percolates into the cabin.
6. There is no boot release, use the keys please.
7. The power steering feels a bit overservoed.

I would suggest you to pls take a back to back test drive of the Fiesta and Dzire to come to a conclusion.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:35   #17
oss
BHPian

If you are looking for VFM, DZire is unbeatable. Also it will hold the resale value better than Fiesta.

BUT, if you are really serious about keeping the car for 10 years, or even for 5+ yrs, then you should go for Fiesta as it is far sturdier, well put together, and will drive like new without rattles even after 1L kms.

It is bit more spaceous in the rear and has slightly better shoulder room compared to DZire, and far more fun to drive.

Now decide for yourself
Old 12th October 2009, 13:56   #18
BHPian

Fiesta is my choice?

I would go for a Fiesta. Its more upmarket and more safer than DZire. Maintainability is very less in Fiesta and hence you won't burn your fingers much.
Old 12th October 2009, 14:09   #19
MCR
BHPian

@1968chensaro,
I would suggest that you can knockout Swift Dzire from your shortlist and replace it with Tata manza.
Following is the glimpse of features rumored to be available(read somewhere on the net):
1. 1.3 L Fiat Quadrajet developing 90PS and 200Nm torque.
2. 460L boot.
3. Driver Info system.
4. ABS.
5. Airbag.
6. Blue(similar to Blue & Me of Fiat).
7. Huge rear seat and legroom.

Possibly a knock out punch to Swit Dzire considering the waiting periods and less powerful engine.
Old 12th October 2009, 14:26   #20
BHPian

Everything thats there to say has pretty much been said, however my concern is you say you would like to keep this car for 10 years and Ford so far has not proved to be as reliable or easy to maintain. Maruti on the other hand will definitely prove to be more pocket friendly in the long run.

Except for the punchier engine - Fiesta is a better car in every other respect - I would buy the Fiesta over the Maruti - but keep it for 10 yrs? thats a question mark!
Old 12th October 2009, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Thanks a lot dear friends,

Having faith in God and based on all your inputs and last but not least, "BACKING MY INSTINCT", I have decided to go with Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi EXi Limited Edition.

I have booked the car on 10/10/2009 by paying Rs. 50000 advance.

Colour chosen: Moon dust silver.

Thanks once again for all my Team-bhp friends for their valuble inputs.

Regards,

CSK
Old 12th October 2009, 14:33   #22
BHPian

Hi,

Since you are anyway willing to wait for 6 months for the Swift DZire to be delivered might as well wait and see what the new Fiesta has to deliver. Though my vote will be for the Fiesta.

Parik
Old 12th October 2009, 14:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

@1968chensaro
Good Decision - you will not regret it
and worth for money.
First time seeing a BHPian booking a LImited Edition - am I wrong?

Anyway welcome to the fiesta club - one more added (anyone counting?)
Cheers!
Old 12th October 2009, 21:24   #24
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968chensaro View Post
Thanks a lot dear friends,

Having faith in God and based on all your inputs and last but not least, "BACKING MY INSTINCT", I have decided to go with Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi EXi Limited Edition.

I have booked the car on 10/10/2009 by paying Rs. 50000 advance.

Colour chosen: Moon dust silver.

Thanks once again for all my Team-bhp friends for their valuble inputs.

Regards,

CSK
Good choice mate You will love it.

Happy driving with Fiesta.
Old 12th October 2009, 23:30   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the booking. Its an absolute workhorse. Its a really well put together machine and would run without troubles for a long time. You hardly hear any complaints on Fiesta in this forum, not even minor ones. There might be odd one or two. But,I havent really come across them though.

Regarding issues on service and dealership, Ford is coming out with Figo very soon. Hence, they would go all out on adding more dealerships and service centers throughout the country to meet the demands of Figo. So you dont have to worry about it.

You can also expect parts prices to come down as Ford is consistently working on them. Only incase of accidents, you gotta worry about these, otherwise, you wudnt need require any part replacements for the first few yrs.

Resale though not great for Ford - shudnt be a issue as you intend to keep it for 10yrs.
Old 13th October 2009, 10:49   #26
BANNED

Good decission as even being more powerful Dezire takes its own time to take off compared to so called Fords underpowered engine.DDiS comes in life only after 2000 RPM and Ford sars kicking in after 1600 RPM.
Old 19th October 2009, 14:41   #27
BHPian

Right Choice

Right Choice and congratulations on the new purchase.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:37   #28
BANNED

Good choice and yes, you will certainly enjoy the car once you have it. Happy Motoring...
Old 20th October 2009, 10:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

@1968chensaro:
When are you going to get the car?
its already 10days since you booked the car. Normally ford dealers arrange delivery
within 10 days of booking.!
Cheers !
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:07   #30
BHPian

Dear friends,

Dear friends, Hearty Thanks for all your warm wishes.

Fiesta has arrived in the dealer's yard and I inspected it on 21/10/2009. No issues with the car.

I checked the VIN details for manufacturing month and found it is manufactured in Oct 2009. Happy!!

Settled the full payment on that day itself through cheque + cash.

The vehicle may get registered today (23/10/2009) if all my cheques are cleared. If not, I have asked them to get it registered on 28/10/2009 (monday (ashtami) and tuesday (navami) are not auspicious as per local norms).

Waiting for the dealer's feeback.

Regards

csk

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks