Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2005, 21:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy

I have a Baleno so i maybe biased. But surely Buffetfan the Baleno is not better in everything, I guess the NHC is better in Ride Comfort than the Baleno.

Therefore when the APM does get literally dismantled we're gonna see the diesal advantage dimnish more.
In ride comfort...Baleno is surely better than NHC....in fact in the Rs 7 lakh car comparo in Overdrive too...Baleno had got more points than NHC...I test drove the NHC FOUR times before I decided to purchase a Baleno...on a particular concrete stretch (true test of car suspensions) the NHC had a pretty harsh ride and ....worst of all....it had developed rattles ......
Old 2nd August 2005, 21:59   #17
BHPian

Is the build of Honda city any good? From many reviews and feedbacks i see that only the engine and the FE of the car are the strong points. May be add to that the resale value!
Old 2nd August 2005, 22:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
Sandeep -> You need to specify which city are these prices valid for. I got my Baleno in Delhi for 5.57 on-road price man......
the prices I quoted were Hyderabad...yes Hyd auto prices are significantly higher than Delhi....
Old 2nd August 2005, 22:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
In ride comfort...Baleno is surely better than NHC....in fact in the Rs 7 lakh car comparo in Overdrive too...Baleno had got more points than NHC...I test drove the NHC FOUR times before I decided to purchase a Baleno...on a particular concrete stretch (true test of car suspensions) the NHC had a pretty harsh ride and ....worst of all....it had developed rattles ......

Thanks Buffetfan. You guys really rock! Seems like you have done a lot of research before actually buying the car.

It was such a tough choice with the NHC.

But now it makes me feel happy after buying the Baleno

Now if only Maruti can continue these discounts and keep the Baleno at the same price level it will become a hot hatch and a bestseller!
Old 2nd August 2005, 22:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Petra /Indigo are not considered in this discussion
Prime Reason is that Petra /Indigo are not in the same league as far as car size goes..
I can second that. There is no use discussing a non Crdi version of a diesel. Unless u talk of a Skoda.

In my family and immediate close friends I have had an opprtunity to closely monitor 4 Diesel vehicles. 3 from Tata (starting from the mobile,Indica and then the Indigo) and one Ford Ikon Diesel.

Surely the maintenance is higher. The Parts wear of much rapidly because of the higher weight of the engine. Also you always have to compromise on performance(in comparison to a peppy petrol engine). It sometimes deserts you when you need power the most. And then Rock bottom resale values.

Non Crdi diesel's are relevant only if you have a high daily run.
Old 3rd August 2005, 00:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
Thanks Buffetfan. You guys really rock! Seems like you have done a lot of research before actually buying the car.

It was such a tough choice with the NHC.

But now it makes me feel happy after buying the Baleno

Now if only Maruti can continue these discounts and keep the Baleno at the same price level it will become a hot hatch and a bestseller!
thanks..what I meant was that Baleno had more points than NHC for ride comfort....but overall NHC had more points...Baleno used to be 1.5 lakhs higher then though !!!

But ...in the end, the engine is the sole reason to buy the Baleno...everything else comes as a bonus!!!
Old 3rd August 2005, 01:40   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting topic.
I have never thought of it this way to be frank.
I did the calculations on exchanging the Toyota with the Octavia and taking service in to account, we were only saving 1L after 5 years and if we took resale also into account, the toyota came out cheaper.
But then also, the accent is not baleno sized either. More of Petra sized.
Interesting point to think about when you have an option for a new car and the diesel is considerably higher price.
Old 19th September 2005, 18:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
I saw a NHC in an accident three weeks before in the East Coast Road near Chennai.
There was a young couple(not more than 21).
You should have looked at the shape of NHC.
it was plastered.
But having said that, we have to understand in an high speed accident no car is safe
forget trucks!!!
Last week i had seen a NHC being ticked by a rick from the back. Actually the rick sided into the left-back of the NHC and the rickshaw's pillar got bent a bit.. you should have seen the NHC it was almost dented a feet inside... my!!! the plight of these new cars and their owners .. i could just pity him... of coz for no fault of his, but is that the kind of cars that are being made... it was not just the plastic bumper, but almost a major par of the boot-cover!!! so the concept of NHC being safe doesn't hold much water!!!

ak
Old 19th September 2005, 18:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Petra /Indigo are not considered in this discussion
Prime Reason is that Petra /Indigo are not in the same league as far as car size goes..

BTW... Overall average of Petra is (16.3+9.7)/2...= 13 kmpl...and hence Petra D is Rs 2.5 / km....remember we are using ACI figures here...I have a friend who claims 14 kmpl in his Baleno....but we will go with an independent third party figure...
buffetfan,
i think the avg is calculated with 25% in city and 75% in the highway, or the other way around (and not a 50-50 cycle), so the mileage would be pretty different than the 13kmpl, its either
12.225 + 2.425 = 14.65 (75% - highway 25% - city)
or
4.075 + 7.275 = 11.35 (25% - highway 75% - city)
i was not so sure of the exact ratio, but one of them is the normal cycle that is considered by most mags for their fuel consumption tests

ak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks