Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 00:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

1) It looks like the owner has tried to maintain the car in good enough condition such that he can use the car as his workhorse. Trust me, even in smaller cities like Vadodara, you can end up with scratches. So its no big deal.

2) Max will not be more than 4.6-4.8 for this car that is already six years old. Yes, the powertrain will run a lot longer, but other parts will need attention. 5.0 or anything above is not a good deal IMHO.

3) The way you have mention and described the car, it looks the owner did not drive it much and most the driving was done by chauffeur. Nothing wrong but watch out for maintenance in suspension.

Last but not the least, 5.0 or 5.0+ lakhs is not a good price for this car IMHO.
Old 6th December 2009, 00:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

Someone in my company sold his 2005 Corolla for 3.75 lacs. I think it was an entry level trim and he sold it during the peak of the recession. But, still it was very shocking to see the level of depreciation.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:45   #48
BHPian

Also on automatic, every 20K kms at the max you would be spending approx 7k on brake pads. Keep that in consideration as well. Besides that nothing gonna happen to the car.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:01   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

worst case then the expected expenditure will go to 67K instead of 60K

any case we ve given the owner our offer - lets see what happens.

will keep everyone posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Also on automatic, every 20K kms at the max you would be spending approx 7k on brake pads. Keep that in consideration as well. Besides that nothing gonna happen to the car.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

As an owner of H4 corolla (2007), my car has run 44K so far in 31 mths, and so far there has been no expense except for service, denting/painting, and brake pad replacement. These usually need to be replaced at 18-21K (depending on driving conditions) and my last replacement should have cost 6K, but cost 10.5K instead because I did not replace them when I should have (delayed by a week).

Apart from this, all expenses have been optional (cleaning, rubbing, etc).
Old 9th December 2009, 10:17   #51
BANNED

So our offer has been made at MAX 5 Lacs for the Toyota H4 AT 2004 Model thats been under consideration.

We believe this is a fair price for that car given the various points made in my test drive review and pics posted the other day.

In our opinion it is not worth paying any more for what is effectively a 6 year old car- especially since the ultimate users are my friends elderly folks who need absolute peace of mind above all else!

The owner of that H4 hasnt yet reverted to us so we are assuming that he is not really keen to sell at that price as of now.

We shall wait out this week and if any further developments happen I will post them here - failing which, this thread could be shut down by EOD Sunday the 13th December.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Well, this is definitely a decision to lookout for, I was even wondering and looking into buying a Used 2007 COROLLA H4 mint condition with around 21,000 on odo. but somehow missed the deal.

For me a 21K corolla engine is virgin and mated with an auto transmission it is some thing which one can not miss.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:40   #53
BANNED

Ok chaps

As of last evening the decision has been made by my pal, for his folks!

Brand New SX4 ZXi AT is IT!!
1. VFM
2. Looks like a very decent deal with all the dealer indicated Price-Offs and so on
3. Ease of Maruti Servicing
4. Reliability of a brand new car
5. High GC
6. Commanding driving position
7. Pretty spacious car for 2 elderly people
8. AT Transmission - driveability and ease of usage
9. Availability of spares and so on
10. Peace of Mind and comfort for his parents.

Looks like the first "gut -led" thought was the correct one - as far as this particular requirement is concerned, given the end-user profile and requirements.

Thanks again to all TBHP-ians who helped us with their feedback and suggestions!

Now I guess this thread can actually be shut down!

Cheers!
Old 10th December 2009, 10:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Wise decision Shankar! Sometime, the decision making process can take more weigh in the abstract factors such as A.S.S, reliability,peace of mind etc.. but anyway, you couldn't have gone wrong with either car.. all the best
Old 10th December 2009, 11:00   #55
BHPian

Apt selection for the requirement.

Convey our greetings to the couple 'Happy and Safe driving'
Old 10th December 2009, 11:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shankar on your new car!
Old 10th December 2009, 11:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on choosing the vehicle for needs after a good analysis. When is the delivery expected ?
Old 10th December 2009, 16:54   #58
BANNED

@ITNerd - yes I agree that abstract/ extraneous factors also weigh a great deal in the purchase decision process.
@Car&Me - thanks!
@Skywalker - actually this wasnt for me - Im quite content with my Scorpio - the whole exercise was for my pal who wanted to buy a new car for his parents!
@tanwaramit - the whole process was quite a lot of fun really like all things that are vehicle/ car related!
Ref Delivery etc - the dealer has told my friend that his "deal" stands until 25th December 2009.
Today I received information from another dealer here in Bangalore that the deal being offered is a pretty good one.
This other dealer has suggested that the car be booked around the 22nd of Dec because there could be a possibility of further improvement in the final deal.
Delivery typically takes 2-3 weeks as I understand it, because SX4 AT is not as much in demand and depending on the colour the vehicle has to get shipped down from Delhi. I am told that for certain colours - Dark Brown, Oyster Blue etc, there could be a waiting period of a month or two.
He also suggested that one should look at the tyres for those small bits of rubber that stick out along the edges -which will indicate whether the car has been used for test drives or not!
Apparently since many dealers simply disconnect the odo and do test drives, there is really no other way one can find out whether a car has been used in this way or not, prior to delivery.

Shall inform my pal about all this!
Old 10th December 2009, 18:24   #59
BHPian

Shankar

Quote:
2. Looks like a very decent deal with all the dealer indicated Price-Offs and so on
Would be great if you could give me an idea of what kind of price-offs you got
Am pushing the dealers in Pune hard for the discounts but not having much luck

Last edited by abhi182 : 10th December 2009 at 18:26.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:55   #60
BANNED

yes sure
once the deal becomes final I will ask my pal and then give you the details.
but why does your location show chennai with your negotiations happening in pune?
cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Shankar

Would be great if you could give me an idea of what kind of price-offs you got
Am pushing the dealers in Pune hard for the discounts but not having much luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks