Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 23:12   #16
BHPian

I have an Altis AT. During 8 months of my ownership, I have found it to be a very very comfortable car. Transmission (although 4 speed only) is a gem with very smooth gear changes. Also braking is again very smooth with no drama at all. Automatic AC is also very powerful and back seat is again very comfortable with nearly flat floor. The car has not given me any cause for complaint so far.

It has unmatched 3 years / 1 lac kms warranty and Toyota cars are known for their reliability and service back up so 7-8 years of ownership should not be a problem. forget the VFM factor, this car deserves to be bought on its merit.

Ask your Uncle to take a long TD in Altis AT. Go through all the features and then decide.

Last edited by akj53 : 9th December 2009 at 23:14.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:24   #17
BHPian

I own Altis AT. I bought it last this year, exact 11 months back. I will recommend Altis, don't think further. I done this research for 5 years & decided on it. There is no better option in terms of service, spare parts, customer satisfaction, quality of product. It's way above others.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:32   #18
BHPian

Altis it should be. It is the market leader in the segment and it is a damn good car.
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Among the given choice Altis AT is what I would recommend. Outside the given choice I would recommend to look at the resale market. Recently due to lack of buyers in this segment in resale, the resale market gives value propositions at times. Your options will increase to a one or two year old all new models in Accord, Superb, CRV, Captiva, Grand Vitara all in AT. I am sure you'll get an excellent piece in 12 to 16 Lakhs range. Look for Passat or even Merc or BMW. You never know when you get lucky..
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thank you guys!!!

The Altis seems to be a clear winner in this case and with valid reasons too. Altis is my personal favourite too given the circumstances but for him Altis lacks the Oooomp factor (his personal choice hence lets not have a debate on that). I am trying my best to get him to think over the Altis once again but lets see what happens.

@ Yogesh:- yes he is looking at resale market too and hopefully he would get lucky with a not so old car. Merc's and BMW's are out, though they are very luxurious and have snob value but the after sales I presume would be a bit heavy on the pocket.

Also SUV's are out as after spending all his life sitting in 4X4's in the Indian Army he wants nothing but a C+ sedan. (that too not a black, as all the staff cars are black..lol)

Regards and thanks
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Altis seems to be the perfect car for your uncle's requirements. Its got a good engine, bulletproof reliability, good A.S.S and the mileage seems to be pretty decent as well and a comfy backseat.

I find the Civic equally comfortable but the seating is a little low and its more of a driver oriented car and despite being common I think it still has some oomph factor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks