Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 06:11   #1
BHPian

City ZX or Hyundai Accent

Hello all ,

I am currently owing a Hyundai Accent 2003 and Optra Petrol 2007 Hyundai Accent is giving me problems since past few months now I am deciding to sell it tomorrow to buy a new pair of wheels

My daily running is 150 kms and I have budget of owning a second hand car for time being. ( Now don't ask that why I am driving 150 kms daily as I will disclose my suspense later or may be not!)

Now my question to all gurus out there..

I had seen 2008 model white Hyundai accent mint condition done 7500 kms for sale at 4.30 lac and other Honda ZX 2006 for 5.60 lac or 2004 model mint condition car for around 4 lacs , which one should I buy.

I will be using installing CNG in my vehicle because of high running cost of petrol and my clocked kilometers are quite high.

I need to replace it tomorrow for which I will be selling my existing car plus cash. Please suggest.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

1st of all why another Accent?? Stay away from it. Looks like you dont like diesels?? I would suggest a used Fiesta TDCI, a 2006-07 model would fetch around 5 lacs. If petrol is what you are inclined to - then City ZX.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Go for City ZX...its the better and trouble free option.
By the way, do you have any Baleno in mind?
Old 12th December 2009, 10:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Go for City ZX...its the better and trouble free option.
By the way, do you have any Baleno in mind?
No baleno in mind yet but , I am more inclined to City ZX but not able to decided between a Hyundai one year old is better then 3 years old Honda , or Honda is better ??
Old 12th December 2009, 11:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Petrol cars you can consider.

1) Baleno.
2) G1HC/OHC
3) City

But you are considering accent which is not a bad thing. That car is still in production so spares will never be an issue plus Hyundai A.S & S. is second only to Maruti.

You have mentioned that your daily running will be 150 kms. Now with CNG, the range itself will not be very high as the cylinder will not hold more than 10-12kg. If your drive includes driving in traffic then further decrease the range. For example, our 8 kg capacity cylinder gives us a range of around 160 kms.
Factor in this before you buy CNG. You may not like going in for refilling CNG everyday ( one day 150 km run, next day, so you will have to refill the cylinder daily if you want to do another 150 kms ).

I suggest you also consider diesel cars. May be used. But if you are ready to shell out Rs. 5.6 lakh for a used Honda City ZX, then why dont you consider small diesel cars like Swift/Ritz or may be Indica Vista, etc. They will not cost much, run on diesel which is not bad and you dont have to worry about refueling daily.
Old 12th December 2009, 13:02   #6
BHPian

Thanks a ton for your suggestion's... Currently in my accent i have CNG fitted and believe me running cost is cheaper then bike..

So even if I will consider diesel option then CNG would be approx. 20% cheaper then diesel and i have heard that the maintenance cost of Diesel cars are more the that of CNG.

And for Maruti cabin noise and rattling sounds is issues...
Old 12th December 2009, 13:19   #7
BHPian

hey kaushik,

With respect to your question, Compared to hyundai, ZX is better off is my opinion. So go for the ZX.

I am little surprised to read Aaggo's post. I really dont know about the CNG filling capacity. Is it so low? Then probably you guys must be spending lot of time getting CNG filled.
Old 12th December 2009, 14:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
hey kaushik,

With respect to your question, Compared to hyundai, ZX is better off is my opinion. So go for the ZX.

I am little surprised to read Aaggo's post. I really dont know about the CNG filling capacity. Is it so low? Then probably you guys must be spending lot of time getting CNG filled.
Thanks but now delhi has sufficient pumps for that and as i arrive early morning for office there is no waiting for pumps in delhi at that time.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:07   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

If you intend to keep the car for long term and if are satisfied with the Accent then i would suggest you to go in for 2008 Accent.

NHC is bigger and spacious car than Accent but the model considered here is 2years older than the Accent. There is not much difference in running and maintenance costs of these cars, While NHC has better FE the Accent has cheaper spares.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:19   #10
BHPian

IMO If you want to run on CNG better option will be Accent .
Another pont is that it is newer and parts are cheaper .
Though Honda City is a good car Running it in CNG the wear out will be more and parts are more expensive .
Old 12th December 2009, 15:20   #11
BHPian

Hi Kaushik, having owned both these cars I would recommend the Accent. This is based on the following points:

Age of the car: Hyundai gives trouble free ownership at least for 5 yrs. In your list Accent being the later model has an edge here. I assume you had a trouble free ownership of the existing Accent (until recently) and hence the Accent figuring in your list of consideration. Honda is not at all bad (if anything its better) but age 2 yrs older is 2 yrs older.

Resale value: City ZX is passe, its an older model. If I am not mistaken the current Accent on sale is same as the 2008 one. This could translate to a better resale value for Accent compared to City ZX.

A.S.S: Hyundai A.S.S is fantastic and probably a notch above Honda. There is a wider spread of A.S.S centres too.

Maintenance & Running cost: Hyundai is cheaper to maintain. Check if you can retro fit the existing CNG to the 2008 Accent. (I am assuming the Accent under consideration is a non-CNG one). If yes, this is a compelling proposition. I have not heard of a CNG fitted City, my ignorance, may be.

Snob value: City scores here.

Frankly speaking, I was was not overly impressed with the NHC VTEC while I switched from Accent 1.6. Though refined engine, smoother drive and better mileage were highs, I was disappointed that it didnt live up to the hype. Add to it, it had a lifeless steering and shockingly no ABS (which Accent 1.6 had).

All in all, I would swing towards the Accent.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

There is a factory fitted CNG version of Accent - so people (read mechanics) are more acquainted on Accents running on CNG than Citys running on CNG.
If its CNG, I suggest you go for Accent just to make spares and A.S.S a lot easier to find.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:38   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Also the Accent 2008 would still be under warranty, so even if you are able to find some issue with the car you can claim the warranty.
Old 12th December 2009, 18:09   #14
BHPian

thanks a lot for your help guys.... I am experiencing this kind of help and support from community for the first time.. Cheers and keep it up.

Rest I will go tomorrow and will decide because one of the guy is selling his V-Tec 34K 2007 for 5.25 lac. But As suggested the age of the vehicle 2006 one will be more wear and tear on CNG I need to think more.. BTW one more reason for Honda is : I am part of Honda and on that part I would not be facing any problems and I swear Honda is Honda but still... My running cost on petrol would be major part of my salary.

So again scratching my head!!!
Old 12th December 2009, 21:21   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
Thanks but now delhi has sufficient pumps for that and as i arrive early morning for office there is no waiting for pumps in delhi at that time.
kaushik,

i hope you have not taken me wrong , i am trying to understand if the filling capacity of CNG tanks are so low or what, since we or rather i dont have a experience of CNG here down south.

If its low, why so ? any technical reasons for this low filling.

i travel to Delhi every month to my branch, but unfortunately none of my office cars fill anything when i am around.If they had done the filling, i would have been educated. But i am travelling to Delhi in the 3rd week, Will ensure that i understand this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks