Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:15   #16
BHPian

Just a word on the Octy. Around 70k kms is the time for a timing belt change on the TDI Octy. A timing belt change on the Octy will set you back by around 40k bucks.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Just a word on the Octy. Around 70k kms is the time for a timing belt change on the TDI Octy. A timing belt change on the Octy will set you back by around 40k bucks.
absolutely spot on Cesc. We are trying to haggle with the owner to get this fixed before delivery. He is not willing to though, but my friend is bargaining on sharing the cost of the timing belt.
But then, I thought the timing belt was 25k. ??
Old 24th February 2010, 12:30   #18
BHPian

Sorry sir/s, the timing belt and the units (iif i am not wrong there are 3 units to be replaced along with it) along with it will cost 20,000 and not 40,000 some one has given you wrong information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Old 24th February 2010, 16:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

@RH, Its better to stay away from any Octy. You would need deep pockets to maintain one.
The VFM buy would be Elantra for a high speed runs and very light on pocket having good A$$ around.
Old 24th February 2010, 16:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
absolutely spot on Cesc. We are trying to haggle with the owner to get this fixed before delivery. He is not willing to though, but my friend is bargaining on sharing the cost of the timing belt.
But then, I thought the timing belt was 25k. ??
I guess you are right about 25k. I got it changed on mine around ayear ago along with regular service. The total came to around 36k. A regular service (every 15k kms) cost around 8-10k for the Octy so the balance (around 25k) would have been for the timing belt.

If you have to share the cost for the change then I would say the price is high for the Octy (unless it is Elegance or above trim and in pretty good condition).

On the maintenance front I would not say an Octy is expensive to mantain - unless something goes kaput in the car or there are any accidental damages (I say that at the risk of being gobsmacked by people on the forum ). For regular servicing and scheduled part changes the overall cost for any Octy works out between 1-1.25 rupees per kilometer. And that I would say is not bad. Having said that however, with a Skoda, you will live in a constant fear of falling into their *** mess lest something go wrong with your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks