Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2005, 20:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Whats the FE of a petrol accent?
I got 11 kmpl consistently across 3 years of driving with a very heavy foot, a/c on all the time and prolonged idling with a/c on. I guess your dad should easily get much better figures than that.
Old 19th September 2005, 20:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

so my dad wont get anything much by putting in 1.5 lakh extra n going for NHC instead of accent? other than the honda badge?
Old 19th September 2005, 20:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so my dad wont get anything much by putting in 1.5 lakh extra n going for NHC instead of accent? other than the honda badge?
That + more space + better rear seat comfort. The latter two you can also get from the Indigo for much less, even the Sx with leather, two screens plus other extras should cost slightly over 6 on the road.

There's nothing exceptional about the City other than the name.
Old 19th September 2005, 20:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
There's nothing exceptional about the City other than the name.
what about all the hype surrounding NHC's mileage? is that all smoke no fire?
and since most of the driving is done by my dad himself, rear seat comfort isnt high up in the preference, though it does make the car a complete car.
Old 19th September 2005, 22:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

amitoj i would highly recomend you the NHC! Wonderful vehicle! Your dad will really enjoy the car. He will be seated higher and will enjoy driving plus the short bonnet will make judgement very easy! Honda badge gurantees you cant go wrong and that engine will never let go! The NHC is the latest and looks really new! WAit for the newer version expected this diwali!

Cheers
Old 19th September 2005, 22:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

3 new choices will become availabe in the next few months

New Baleno
New Honda City
All new Ford Ikon replacement

Accent is a solid performer in both petrol and diesel but hasn't changed for too long. Petra diesel can also be considered.

Last edited by Mpower : 19th September 2005 at 22:59.
Old 19th September 2005, 23:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rear seat comfort isnt high up in the preference, though it does make the car a complete car.
That it does, and you will realise it every time you have visitors who need to be transported. Why dyou think the Indigo and the NHC are the two best sellers in the C & C+ segments?
Old 20th September 2005, 01:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That it does, and you will realise it every time you have visitors who need to be transported. Why dyou think the Indigo and the NHC are the two best sellers in the C & C+ segments?
I believe in the new accents they have increased the rear seat height (what else would explain my head touching the roof in the new accent )...so that seating per se has become less crouched....

NHC has ver good rear seat comfort if it is just two of you....three abreast is a squeeze though...we did test drive the car with the entire family on board...I guess the lighe curves on the sides make for some very close for comfort seating if it is 3 persons..
Old 20th September 2005, 01:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

CRDI ALL THE WAY MATE.....Obey me and you be happy...
Old 20th September 2005, 01:32   #25
BHPian

Don't even think of a NHC. When you're spending 7L OTR does not make sense to buy an underpowered car.

Yes, NHC is underpowered for the price band it is offered in. It won't be a pleasant experience with other cars overtaking you on a highway.

Try driving the NHC on a crowded single lane highway with trucks to overtake and you will understand.

There's nothing impressive about the ride and the handling of the NHc. In fact the ride is choppy.

if you're willing to cough up dough near abt 7 Lakh go with the Optra. Trust me with the limited driving your Dad does fuel bills won't be such an issue viz a viz the NHC. Try to keep the FE issue in perspective.

Feature to feature Optra beats the NHC flat.

For VFM factor Baleno is the best deal with the huge discounts it retails at. Or you can wait for the newer one and see what it offers.

If you will not buy the Baleno Get the Optra or wait for the new launches from Maruti and ford.

I am sure you can do better from ure money than a NHC or even the plain Accent.
Old 20th September 2005, 06:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ht=mileage+nhc

here is the link where the nHC owners report the NHc's FE. Now I dont see any magic appening there. I get the same FE from my lancer and the fiat owners haev just claimed to get 12 in the city.

hyundai accent crdi is good(strecth if u can for the elantra)

Last edited by devarshi84 : 20th September 2005 at 06:54.
Old 20th September 2005, 12:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
I am sure you can do better from ure money than a NHC or even the plain Accent.
Zigackly jimmy, specially after reading devarshi's post about NHC's FE.
Optra would still exceed the budget though.
And cant really wait for the new launches that are gonna come in a couple of months or so.
So is it safe to say that accent CRDI is a good decision?
Old 20th September 2005, 12:27   #28
BHPian

My recommendations :

1. Chevy Optra 1.6 Base version (with power everything and beige interiors BTW)
2. NHC
3. Indigo (Its got great room and ride. Plus he can save the extra two lacs since he is not going to out-corner everyone on the road)

GTO
Old 20th September 2005, 12:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

GTO, I think you should specify Indigo Diesel though. I know even I should have done that. And yeah the 1.6 Optra is a good car too. Some one in office here claims 12 kmpl in city - after sedate driving and keeping to the maintenance schedule. However I do not know if the support of GM is good enough where the car will be bought.
Old 20th September 2005, 12:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
So is it safe to say that accent CRDI is a good decision?
It is ok.. But then your dad's daily running does not merit a Diesel car.

I have owned 3 diesal vehicles at different pts...they always have their share of maintenance and depreciation issues.

Why listen to the daily clutter of the engine when it's not really saving you big time on running costs.

imho the Accent Crdi is overprices at > 7L exshowroom and it only makes sense if you do atleast 2.5-3k Km per month. Hyundai is charging a huge premium for the CRDi tech..

I guess maybe think of an Optra or wait for the new Baleno- it's supposedly coming out in 2 weeks.
having said that if you can somehow reconcile ureself with the current Baleno, it will give you the maximum bang for ure buck.With the current heavy duty discounts it's a steal. You can always bargain with the dealer for more..

I think Buffetfan mentioned that a Black Baleno looks good ( maybe i'm biased coz i own one!)..

Most Viewed