Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 10:12   #16
BHPian

Damu,

Yes, I have the older 1.6SXi Fiesta, we were just wondering if it made sense to have another in the family. I'm waiting for the new look new Fiesta to be launched, but wifey doesn't want to wait that long. Looks like we'll come around to the City AT. Will test drive and see if it works.

And absolutely yes. Competition for the Fiesta, on the driving experience, can only come from the Ikon

I kinda prefer manual climate control, so that's OK. My wife does want bluetooth support for mobile though! I hope that's standard - something that impressed me on the Figo.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Siddhesh, you really seem to miss the Mondeo. And the claim that Fiesta will beat a BMW 320D 9 out of 10 times... well no comments on that!
Old 17th May 2010, 10:21   #18
BHPian

Oh yes, totally, I loved the old Mondeo even though it wasn't the best looker around in it's segment, but I couldnt afford it. Now I can, and then pulled it out. Waiting for the new Mondeo to come to India, saw some pics of it earlier, and totally fallen in love with it. Any idea when it might be here? I guess Ford was planning to get the Volvos in the premium segment, but if Volvo goes to China, we might actually see the Mondeo here?
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:54   #19
BHPian

We're finally settling down on the Fiesta - but today I realised there's a SXi (I already have one) and a S too! The difference seems to be in tire size and some cosmetic differences, with S having bigger 195/55 R15 on 15in alloy compared to the standard 175/65 R14 on 14in.

What happens if I take the richer SXi and get it fitted with the bigger tires? Any suggestions?
Old 23rd May 2010, 05:42   #20
BHPian

Corolla is a no-nonsense car. I own one back home and 1 here in US. The one that I have here, it's 2005 model and I have clocked 150k Miles and still going very strong. Still get 35 MPG. The one back home is 2003 model with 80k KMs. No issues so far from any of these two.

It's a very practical sedan with high on feature list. You can't go wrong with it.
Old 23rd May 2010, 17:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
We're finally settling down on the Fiesta - but today I realised there's a SXi (I already have one) and a S too! The difference seems to be in tire size and some cosmetic differences, with S having bigger 195/55 R15 on 15in alloy compared to the standard 175/65 R14 on 14in.

What happens if I take the richer SXi and get it fitted with the bigger tires? Any suggestions?
I am little surprised, you are not aware of the much revered 1.6S although you own a Fiesta. The 1.6S is the sports version of the regular Fiesta. Apart from different tyre/wheel sizes it even has a sports suspension to improve the handling.

When I wanted to buy a car in 2004 I couldn't afford a Mondeo/vRS. There were only three cars to choose from - Corolla, Elantra and Optra. I chose the best of the lot but one of the boring cars to drive, a Corolla. But the urge to own a Mondeo or a vRS always stayed with me and it grew stronger everytime I sat behind the Corolla's steering wheel. I fulfilled my dream four years later when I sold the Corolla and bought a used Mondeo.

If you love driving, don't even think for a second - Buy a Fiesta 1.6S
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:11   #22
BHPian

Novice, when I bought my Fiesta, I had an option of the ZXi and the SXi. The SXi was the top end version. Now, I realise we have a SXi (top end) AND a S version. The only difference seems to be in the tire sizes, hence my question on whether I can have the best of both SXi and S...
Old 24th May 2010, 12:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Now, I realise we have a SXi (top end) AND a S version. The only difference seems to be in the tire sizes,
Siddesh,

I guess you missed my point in my last post that you should get the 1.6S - I meant this model.

I am not an expert in Fiesta, being an Ikon owner, but AFAIK, it is not just the tyre and wheel size that's different. There's also a different suspension set up to match the larger wheels and a slightly different steering. The threads by Gilead and Anachronix have the info.

I would say, based on my reading of their experiences, that since you have the SXI, go for the 1.6 S model now.

Regards
Damu
Old 28th May 2010, 13:57   #24
BHPian

Finally booked a Ford Fiesta 1.6SXi

After all the deliberations and test drives, we realized we really didnt want to see beyond the Ford family, and booked a Ford Fiesta 1.6SXi (Sea Grey) for my wife (our twelfth wedding anniversary today! ). Our second Fiesta in the family. Should get it in 1-2 weeks. Alloy wheels are standard now, which is good! Also ordered the sun roof, spoiler, reverse camera.
Old 29th May 2010, 01:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Oh that was one of the quickest decisions on the forum 5 days flat. Congratulations!! Your wife must be very happy getting a loaded car. Make her happier yet, cancel the sun roof, seriously where is she going to use it in our driving environment full of hot Sun, Soot and Spit{(sic) but actual experience} get her some nice jewellery to go with the new car instead and be the most celebrated husband ever.

This is belated info but the S version has a stiffer suspension tuned for sportier handling. Uses different springs than the other versions. Everyday driving is on the bumpier side and more suited to the boy racer kind of driving.
Old 29th May 2010, 01:42   #26
BHPian

Hey Khoj, thanks for the advice on the sun roof, we have been debating that for some time now. It's one of those "I always wanted it all my life" arguments from her side that I cannot do much about, know what I mean?

I checked out the S version, and you are right, of course. It's the sports model, has 15 inch alloys (instead of standard 14), so flatter tires, and a stiffer suspension. Great for sports driving, but not for my wifey. But more importantly, it's the non-premium model, with cloth upholstery (not leather) and so on....

So 1.6 SXi it was
Old 29th May 2010, 02:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Khoj, thanks for the advice on the sun roof, we have been debating that for some time now. It's one of those "I always wanted it all my life" arguments from her side that I cannot do much about, know what I mean?
Don't we all

Quote:
I checked out the S version, and you are right, of course. It's the sports model, has 15 inch alloys (instead of standard 14), so flatter tires, and a stiffer suspension. Great for sports driving, but not for my wifey. But more importantly, it's the non-premium model, with cloth upholstery (not leather) and so on....

So 1.6 SXi it was
and that is what I meant too, it is the better pick.

Will look forward to your purchase experience, that little post above will not do and to the review after that with lots of photographs.

Ciao
Old 30th May 2010, 07:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
After all the deliberations and test drives, we realized we really didnt want to see beyond the Ford family, and booked a Ford Fiesta 1.6SXi (Sea Grey) for my wife (our twelfth wedding anniversary today! ). Our second Fiesta in the family.
Happy Anniversary, though belated!

Really you have given the ultimate thumbs up to the Fiesta and Ford. Two Fiestas and one Endeavour succeeding an Ikon in one family says a lot about a customer's satisfaction. Ford should use you as advertising!

Reading all the posts here in T-BHP, I am seeing this pattern being repeated often: satisfied Ikon owners moving to the Fiesta without hesitation or even, as in your case, after in-depth study of all makes.

No prizes for guessing to which brand and model I will upgrade from my Ikon.

Please post pics of all your Fords!

Happy driving!

Regards
Damu
Old 30th May 2010, 12:22   #29
BHPian

Damu, yes, I am a no-chance-I-can-change-soon Ford fan

For pics of my Ikon, Fiesta and Endeavour, check my garage Will add the new car's pics too, as soon as we have her. We named her Pari, by the way!
Old 30th May 2010, 12:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Happy Anniversary, though belated!

Really you have given the ultimate thumbs up to the Fiesta and Ford. Two Fiestas and one Endeavour succeeding an Ikon in one family says a lot about a customer's satisfaction. Ford should use you as advertising!
Damu, thanks for the wishes!

Oh, and I did not mention the pretty maroon Ford Ikon my sister bought recently This is the sports model, and man, do I LOVE the growl of it's engine. Simply outstanding!

Corolla Altis - Should I go for it?-dsc00454.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks