Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 13:55   #1
BHPian

Decision based NVH Levels

A friend of mine has to decide between the following cars? One major decision factor is the NVH levels of each?

- i20
- Fiesta
- Linea
- SX4
- ANHC

All petrol variants. Personally he has felt that SX4 NVH levels are on the higher side whereas i20 and ANHC are low. He hasn't got chance to test the Linea/Fiesta yet.

His worry is that test drive vehicles are not well maintained and that may not really reflect the condition of a new car. Can you folks provide your inputs if you own any of these or have driven personal vehicles of friends/family to make a comparison?

Pls don't derive your results based on test drive vehicles due to the above mentioned reason.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:04   #2
BHPian

I own an i20 and the NVH levels of i20 is very low. I have not driven the other cars that you have mentioned but it is certainly lower than i10, swift and punto.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:02   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd ask your friend to broaden his requirement set; it really doesn't make sense to choose your next car based on its NVH levels. There isn't too much of a difference between the NVH levels of 5 - 10 lakh rupee petrol cars today, its not like we are comparing the noise levels of a Mahindra Bolero to an i10 here. For what its worth though, the i20 and ANHC are surely the most refined. The Fiesta comes in right after, but the SX4 & Linea don't score well on NVH.

To know more about these cars, please search through the forum. They have been often discussed & there's a wealth of information to be had.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks