Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2005, 18:27   #1

Indigo Petrol or Diesel

Hi,

I want to buy an Indigo.
I am not able to decide whether to go for Diesel or Petrol version.
I will be driving about 15Kms a day. Looking at this it looks that Petrol version is good, but i read that the Petrol version gives milage of 8. Is it true?
If i go for Diesel version, since i will not use it very much will it be a
problem? Also does the diesel engine requires much of a maintenance? I am not concerned about pickup, but most concerned about the maintenance factor.
Also if adulterated fuel is added (ofcourse not knowingly) will it be a
problem in Indigo Diesel.

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2005, 18:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi NewCar...

it would have been better had you given a proper intro of yourself...
anyways, as far as i know, Indigo sells because of its Fuel efficient and now decent performing (due to TDi) engine. I have no idea of Petrol Indigo, but i do know that its not consider the best of options in that segment. TATA has still a long way to go as far as Petrol Engines are concerned. Diesel is their TRUMP card. And thats why you see on road that 80% of Indigos are Diesels . About maintainance, i dont think that modern diesels have serious maintainance issues like it used to be the case with Diesel Ambys, and some older TATA vehicles.
So, Indigo Diesel is the best option, according to me.
Old 5th November 2005, 18:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

yah mate, the new indigo diesel would be a better buy. but since you travel less and is worried about pickup , a petrol car would be best for you. and in taht case, try other manufacturers for petrol cars.
Old 5th November 2005, 18:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you will be buying Indigo go for Diesel
If you don't want diesel take a look at alternatives

Maintainance is not a problem if good care is taken in the initial stages
also for DI engines adulterated fuel (small quantity) isn't much of problem
Old 6th November 2005, 00:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Indigo diesel sells more and is a better car but Indigo petrol is not bad and is a good value for money car.

diesel is better but petrol more practical if the cars doesnt cover too much distances daily.
Old 6th November 2005, 02:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

You should definitely go for the diesel. Acceleration/refinement of both engines isnt earth shattering, but adequate. The diesel atleast has the advantage of mileage.
We have an Indigo petrol, and even though it is driven with a light foot, it returns 8.xx Kms to the litre in Pune city, with regular unleaded. As for the maintenance, I know a person whose Indigo LX has 50000+ kms without any major problems. (Though this might not be a true indicator of the reliability)
Old 6th November 2005, 03:30   #7
BHPian

With 15 kms/day a diesel doesn't make sense and an Indigo petrol doesn't either with other options available.

If maintainence, a.s.s. and price of the car are important check the Hyundai Accent GLE. I have heard there are pretty good discounts available. And the peace of mind will always be there for year to come with Hyundai. It isn't extra-ordinary in any departments, but the overall package is not just bad either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks