Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 19:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Shall i got for the LINEA MJD current model immediately?

Hello folks, i know i am in a bit of too much hurry.

Can i buy a linea MJD at current state of quality. Does anyone have a slightest hint of changes going to be done on the linea in coming days that i should wait for?

If not i will jump in tommorrow to buy a new Linea MJD if not the TJET.

Test drove:

1. Vento : looks compact, engine noise and vibrations to the clutch. good pick up and interior quality, but somehow i dint feel i am sitting in a new era car. looked very basic and small due to small windshield.
Steering feel - i felt like santro/i10. hated it.

2. Magnum diesel : A great piece of machine, but looks outdated now. 2.0L motor is a rocket.

3. Linea MJD : power not to great, but not too slow either. keep it above 1800-2000 rpm and it speaks business. best handling and a car in which i felt so safe.

4. Tjet: i dont want to remember its drive. its a dream machine. but i cant have a petrol economy now. my daily drive will be atleast 60kms.

i wish the MJD had the interiors like TJET.

IS there any upgrade expected on MJD that i should wait for or shall i go ahead and buy with huge discounts going on currently?

any help will be highly appreciated as i am already on FIRE.
Old 8th November 2010, 21:33   #2

I think you should go ahead and book a Linea for yourself without giving a second thought, if only you are offered good discounts. I don't any upgrades to the interiors are coming as of now and may not come six months down the line.
But the price at which the Linea T-Jet and the T-Jet+ is offered is mouth watering and total VFM barring the plastic quality(which i find can be ignored).
Old 8th November 2010, 21:34   #3
J.Ravi

I don't think any upgradation of Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD is in the pipeline at least in the near future. No news about 1.6 MJD. So, go ahead and take Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD. Best wishes.

Old 8th November 2010, 23:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Go ahead and make the purchase, no possible upgrades in near future. It might not be the fastest, but its not a snail either.
I am surprised that you didn't like the Vento though.
Old 9th November 2010, 21:41   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Amit, I cannot recommend the T-Jet enough to you. There's more to life than kpl, especially for an enthusiast. Where the Linea MJD offers the most lethargic performance from the segment, the T-Jet is a rocket. You will only be able to exploit her brilliant dynamics with the turbo petrol, and on the open road, she is extremely satisfying to drive. It's not too often that driver's cars are launched in India...especially at sub-10 lakh prices. Times are good for enthusiasts, don't miss the opportunity, else you'll always ogle at a T-Jet and say "I wish.....".
Old 10th November 2010, 08:09   #6

Hi GTO and others,

everyone seems more interested in T JET version and thats the way to go.
However, please can anyone share the fuel efficiency figures expected in city/highway for TJET ?

I have seen forum members reporting about 12 / 18 as city/highway Fuel efficiency for normal petrol variant
Old 10th November 2010, 10:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

i know GTO thats its a best piece of advice, even i am crazy for the TJET, but my budget is holding me a lot.
Even if i stretch a bit and go for TJET if not for TJET plus, the KPL figure i see on TJET wont be over 10/11 in city and 14 on highways.

Since yesterday i have made 100s of calls to the tuners and friends even abroad to ask whether remap can do wonders on the MJD.

I know the MJD is the most sluggish linea in business but what can be done best to extract most of it?

i couldnt hand over the booking amount to the dealer yesterday due to the TJET 2nd time test drive. every cm i drove in it i felt this is what a CAR should be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks