Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2005, 11:21   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
So autos are only for "good" drivers. Or drivers that cannot change gears at all. Extremes, I'd say.

Relax - Was just kidding on the sissy bit

GTO
I knwo u r kiddin buddy, i am just playing around too. By good drivers i meant that someone who really knows how to floor the autobox can make it run, otherwise its hard. To answer u r question if autos r only good for good drivers, then Yes they when it comes to speed as it wont be easy to adjust to the box, but for convience i guess an autobox can make even a bad driver good as he doesnt need to worry abt smooth gear shifts.
Old 24th December 2005, 14:58   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
HELLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOO. Its an art to get a hang of the autobox, once u know when u floor and when not to, it will Perform beyond u r expectations. It takes a while for a driver to get the most out of an autobox thats y i call it an art. Its something only a 'good' driver can achieve.
Let me put it like this... If it's an automatic, Sahil will drive and if it's a manual, I'll drive.

Personally, I would go in for a manual anyday... I mean I even get bored with manuals once I touch 5th (on highways of course).
Old 24th December 2005, 15:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

And the Skoda auto only has 4 gears if i am corrrect. So thats another reason not to buy it. Like someone said...with all the torque even the manual doesn't feel far off from the auto.
Old 5th January 2006, 15:32   #19
BANNED

Hey, Finally this friend of mine did go and buy a skoda !!! Butguess what , after reading the views on team-bhp and against my insisting that he go in for the manual version he went and took delivery of the Skoda automatic on the 30th Dec last year .. I wasn't there and he only called me and told me what he had done . I was in Himachal and all I cud say was ' CONGRATS ', though deep down I knew he had made a mistake . A couple of times a day I wud send him a sms asking how his car was doing and he wud reply with just one word ' GREAT '.

11 am on the 2nd Jan I get a call from him ... He asked me not to ABUSE him for what he had done !! I thought maybe he had scratched it , but didn't say nothing ... Actually what he did was go back to the Skoda dealer , paid another 25K and exchanged it for a brand new ' MANUAL SKODA ' -- lol !! I just cudn't stop laughing , and now he just can't seem to get out of his car and he's loving every min of it and says that extra 25K that he paid was surely worth it . Now he wanst the Pete's tuning box as he went and read Rtech's review on that ....

I'll be getting the test drive tonite and finally I will get to feel why people rave so much about it !!! Also he said thanx to team-bhp members as now he understands why ppl here reffered to automatic as being for sissy's , hes going about saying that to his friends who have the automatic version. He wished he had believed team-bhp and that wud have saved him 25K ...

So I guess MANUAL beats AUTOMATIC in this case !!!

Thanx
Old 5th January 2006, 16:27   #20

hi khaadu
how are you buddy pankaj mittal here hope you rememeber me. it was really nice meeting you all guys with such a good knowledge about the cars
Old 5th January 2006, 22:00   #21
BHPian

I think, as Skoda is now launching the Laura with DSG Automatic Gearbox,
very soon they will come out with the DSG in the Octavia too! maybe they will pack it with the L&K Model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks