Team-BHP - Elantra CRDi v/s Used Elantra CRDi v/s New Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Elantra CRDi v/s Used Elantra CRDi v/s New Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/9624-elantra-crdi-v-s-used-elantra-crdi-v-s-new-ford-fiesta-1-4-tdci.html)

Hey guys,
Our 2001 Ikon 1.6 has become quite old (covered 80Kkm) and dad is thinking about changing it (thinking because it all has come down to resale price. If interested PM me or email me on lamborghinirules@gmail.com).
Now the car will be used either by me or in the office.
Both duties are similar.
The office duty is a run of Andheri-Mahalaxmi-Andheri (60-70km) 5 days a week and the only maintainance will be regular services unless something wears out. In my duty, the car would be better maintained will all noises eing checked.
My duty would include runs of Colaba-Juhu-Colaba (70km) 5 days a week + 30km on weekends and hence we are looking at diesel though my dad may end up getting a Petrol Fiesta 1.4.

Now the priorities are -
Safety
Comfort
Ease of maintainance (overall. FE not important as it is diesel)
Resale Value
Space

The octavia and accent were crossed off the list as they weren't very spacious and comfortable.

The Elantra is quite expensive though my dad is considering stretching his budget for it. The Fiesta is also quite tempting but the maintainance part scares me.
While we were going to get a Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi first, we saw a used 2005 elantra CRDi done 5Kkm (asking is 9.5) and a used Innova.
The innova was checked off the list as it was too bulky to be used for city.

Now after considering interest rates, my dad is even considering a new Elantra CRDi.
So now guys, what do you think we should get -
The new Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
he used 2005 Post 26/7 registered Elantra CRDi done 5Kkm (he is asking for 9.75L but what is your opinion on how much one should pay)
The new Elantra CRDi

Or something else? Like the Ford Fiesta 1.4 Petrol.

Oh, do take interest and Emi into account.
In the case of the Ford -
9% for 5 years on 6.5L

For New Elantra
4.5% for 5 years on 9.5L

For Used Elantra -
12% (?) for 5 years on 6.5 - 7.5L

If the difference is 20K per year, then a new Elantra It is unless we get the Fiesta.
Thanks once again,
Cheers.

i suggest a new elantra ive heard hyundai dealers are offering discounts of more than lac rupees, fiesta is quite slow in comparison but is more refined and better in value for money.

Bro , ive just bought an elantra GLS without leather for 8.8 lac on road while the diesel one was costing me 9.9 on road , but I bought a 2005 model euro 3. The dealer was offering me a euro 2 model for 8.3 on road( 50 k less for euro 2). So i think u can push the dealer harder for more discounts.

Fiesta is any time better chose then that of Elantra in terms engine and refinement @ price paid for. Nevertheless, Ford is alws know for high maintenance cost... so choice is up to you only.

Ashi

Go for BRAND NEW ELANTRA...
i love this car...

The used Elantra CRDI is priced way too high. Check out maintenance costs for Fiesta and Elantra. Check cost of new bumpers and mirrors - two things you may suffer damage with in Mumbai.

Well,
the spares of the Fiesta aren't out yet but going by the fusion's list, the spares are really expensive. More then the Elantra's.
I saw the used elantra.
It has done 4Kkm, nautic blue and has some sunfilm put. It looks quite good and i will try and bargain the price down a bit.
It has company registration in Andheri, something we are looking for.
The new Elantra after disc. is 11.47 on road mumbai with company reg.
Thanks for your replies.
Will baragin and let you know final price of used and new Elantra.

I voted for the new Elantra which suits your needs perfectly...If you dont want to spend so much then go for the Fiesta.
No point going for a used car IMO.

@lambhorgini, for your EMI calculations go to this site

http://www.sundaramfinance.com/calc/emicar.asp

Elantra 9.5L 4.5% = 17711
Fiesta 6.5L 9% = 13492
Elantra used 7.5L 12% = 16683

So used elantra will make sense only at 6L levels.
go for the new elantra. Hyundai has 80000kms/4yr warranty. which translates to about 3.5 years of peaceful existance for your running.

On prices for used elantra's, in month of june, in delhi a 11 month old elantra done 9K on the odo was asking for 6L. So this should not be more than 6.5-7L

Also as used car interest rates are high, it makes sense to go for a new elantra crdi. Also a new elantra crdi can be had for 1.5L discount on ex showroom price. they give 90000, but bargain hard and keep on pestering its very much possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Elantra 9.5L 4.5% = 17711
Fiesta 6.5L 9% = 13492
Elantra used 7.5L 12% = 16683

I would suggest the Ford Fiesta mainly because of the difference in the EMI. If you opt for the extended warranty from Ford then I think you can manage to keep the maintenance part under control.

Hey guys,
We have finally decided on a Fiesta 1.4 TDCi as this car is being used for company.
We may even get an Elantra CRDi to replace the Corolla but that decision will be taken at a later stage.
One more thing,
when i went to Jayabharat Hyundai, he said the standard warranty is 2yra/unlimited km and the 4years/80KKm is an extended warranty.
Wasn't it 4years/ 80,000km?

Anyways,
thanks for your help. Will soon hope to see a silver Fiesta 1.4 TDCI (Still have to find a buyer for the ikon.)
BTW,
Sundaramfinance link isn't showing the calculator on my computer so can someone check these figures please?
Thanks -

Loan Amount - 659000
D.P. - 193577
D.P. after finance discount - 161077
EMI - 13806
Rate of interest - 9.25%
Final D.P - 174883.

Also what dealership do you guys reccomend or should i get it from a private multi car showroom like Automall (Nitroxx, can you please PM me the offer on the Fiesta. Thanks)/JMD etc.
Oh and it's Mumbai Company Registration.

On a loan of 659000, at 9.25% for 20 months emi should come 13759.
DP and discount is separate.
I calculated by taking loan abount as above 9.25% interest and 60 months

Thanks Tsk,
will call that guy tomorrow.
So guys, now whom do we get the car from?
Shakti, wasan or Shaman?

I was also thinking about getting Tints put and a Teflon job done from outside.

Guys,
slight poblem.
My dad is also getting attracted to the idea of a diesel SUV/MPV.
He doesn't like the innova which leaves us with the idea of a Tavera Elite, Scorpio. e doesn't mind the Innova but thinks its very bulky.
The main criteria is that it has to have a small turning radius as it's got to fit in a place where the accord can't fit.
If the Innova has a small turning radius, i.e. smaller then Tavera's it will be the innova or Fiesta or New Corolla A/T (Space matters and the corolla is the biggest).
Can you guys please reply asap.

Innova > Tavera.
Scorpio is the smallest of the lot but you better wait for the new scorpio rumoured to make its debut in february.