Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2006, 19:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Surprise, I thought similarly. Then the Hyundai guy gave me a bill for painting when he replaced a bumper. He told me the deal, and to make sure, I stayed to watch the process.
Old 19th January 2006, 19:53   #17
BHPian

My baleno's beam blue as well and I personally feel it looks better than black ,also scratches are less visible (but a line of white on the blue still stands out)

As for parts - I've seen them to be beige and are painted by matching the car's colour ...Go for it

zaphod
Old 19th January 2006, 19:56   #18
BHPian

Darker colours (like beam blue and black) are difficult to maintain, esp during monsoons (dirt shows immediately). Also, darker the body colour, more 'visible' the occupants become. This is a psycho-optic phenomenon, so you need to decide what/whom passers-by should ogle at - Baleno or your co-passenger! Of course, darker colours absorb more heat, but Baleno's powerful AC will take care of that. IMO, black doesn't go too well with Baleno since it has a 'smiling' grille (For black to command respect, the grille needs to look 'mean', like BMW's).

On the positive side, beam blue is sporty and will look l-o-v-e-l-y if you plan to change to all-beige interiors, preferably leather. A major gripe about Baleno is its drab sea of grey interior. After you get used to Baleno's power (say, in 6 months), what brings daily cheer when you get behind the wheel are the interiors.

Mine is silky silver and I'm considering between black and dark blue Stanley leather (either way I'm resigned to a life with gloomy interiors)...
Old 19th January 2006, 20:02   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

yes what v1p3r and zaphod have said is true .. the metal parts dont have any factory colouring similar to the other parts of the car , not that i have seen of.. They are repainted or rather painted in the same colour of the other parts on the car after sourcing the parts ..

I know this because my uncle owns a MASS and i also very well remember seing a friends VTECs front bumper (the extreme sides ) come in black which without being painted in the original colour of the car which was gold looked pretty cool .. So i think its the same case with most manufacturers if not all .. I assume there might a few manufacturers who might have stock of parts with the colouring done up (mostly the well moving ones ) already and if any of u know , pls do correct me ..
Old 19th January 2006, 21:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Baleno is not a naturally great looking car so a right colour preference is very imp. Baleno is prefered for its performance than looks...but I feel baleno looks best in Black and Red. Beam blue looks nice but I donno why it doesnt look original for some reason, probabably coz its rare!!! looks like as if its got an after market paint job.

I have loved those red rally balenos by MRF, they look great but yeah not too elegant(for office use)...hence black is the verdict from my end...Black one looks sporty as well as classy...
Old 19th January 2006, 22:42   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Baleno is not a naturally great looking car so a right colour preference is very imp. Baleno is prefered for its performance than looks...but I feel baleno looks best in Black and Red. Beam blue looks nice but I donno why it doesnt look original for some reason, probabably coz its rare!!! looks like as if its got an after market paint job.

I have loved those red rally balenos by MRF, they look great but yeah not too elegant(for office use)...hence black is the verdict from my end...Black one looks sporty as well as classy...
Well looks are subjective , differs from person to person .. There are a lot of guys who love the looks of the baleno .. Well isnt it good to have a colour thats a bit rare ?? Thats puts u in the select few and makes u stand out of the ordinary .. Coming to the blue colour looking after market , i feel ur other choice thats red that certainly looks aftermarket as MUL doesnt make red balenos ..

The original topic of the thread here is to help vipul choose a colour and not discuss about the looks of the baleno .. Lets stick to that ..

PS : This is coming from a guy who doesnt OWN a baleno ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 19th January 2006 at 22:47.
Old 19th January 2006, 23:17   #22
Team-BHP Support

I rest my case.
Old 19th January 2006, 23:53   #23
BHPian

Looks NICE...samurai..very nice...
Old 19th January 2006, 23:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I rest my case.
I agree! Black looks stunning in any midsize or above car. ( I have a black Baleno too...but it's not really the bias.). Any car looks great in black.

Slightly OT but Samurai how's your K&N filter performing on the Baleno. If i recall it's the stock..

I too am planning to go for Stanley Beige or gray when i return back to India. Although can't decide b/w the stock or universal K&N at this moment.
Old 20th January 2006, 01:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is dealt with severely.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by The Wolf : 20th January 2006 at 01:48.
Old 20th January 2006, 02:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

hey guys just chill out !!
wolf i dont see how mclaren is bad mouthing himself here.only his last statement was uncalled for.but like you there are many others who dont own a baleno and still are giving suggestions and thats good.

mclaren just chill out dude.

Rev
Old 20th January 2006, 02:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

This is my case...should I rest it too?

ps. Sorry for the large size...

Old 20th January 2006, 02:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Also sorry for the bad picture. Rudra never seems to be around when I have to take my pictures... Rudra saab, you are on photo detail next time we meet!!!
Old 20th January 2006, 08:32   #29
BHPian

I got a pearl Silver Baleno. With smart Aura Alloy wheels. Painted the mirrors and door handles in body color. Looks real sophisticated and classy. Wish I had the pic handy. Gimme a few days to post it. Wonder how no one vouches for this color as it looks great and and the color makes the car look more expensive than say, white or silky silver.( purely subjective opinion) Plus, the dust and dirt don't show as much.
However, I agree with the rest of U guys. A freshly washed and polished Baleno in black, although heavy maintainence,with upsized wheels and good alloys, looks positively,absolutely smashing. I should know. every time a shiny black baleno passes by when I'm driving my sober, mature, sophisticated pearl silver one, my heart aches and i go, " what were U thinking???"
Blue Baleno- My opinion?-- Ugggghh...
Samurai, Ur car looks absolutely WOW!
Old 20th January 2006, 09:29   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
Samurai, Ur car looks absolutely WOW!
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
However, I agree with the rest of U guys. A freshly washed and polished Baleno in black, although heavy maintainence,with upsized wheels and good alloys, looks positively,absolutely smashing.
Let me remove some misconceptions. The photo I have posted was taken after driving 130Kms during a TeamBHP drive, including a short drive on mud road (see the background). Also, I have never waxed my car, ever. My car gets wiped with wet cloth every morning and full wash once a week by a guy appointed by our building complex, he uses the same cloth for every car. The car is 8 months old in the picture.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks