Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2006, 09:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

A comedian and an Avid car enthusiast - Mr. BEAN

Yes, i am talking about British Comedy actor, Rowan Atkinson. Probably the most hilarious actor out there. The Mr.Bean series still makes me burst into laughter everytime i watch it..

Did you know that he is also a writer in the CAR magazine. He is a known car freak, and even escaped a crash involving his Aston Martin V8 Zagato.

Here is some piece of text i got from net:
Quote:
Atkinson’s everyday car which he uses for family motoring is a relatively discrete Audi A8. When he wants a slightly more energetic drive however he chooses his McLaren F1, which he bought to celebrate the success of the film “Bean – The Movie.” This is one of the world’s most exclusive cars, and despite being 12 years old is still one of the fastest. Its production car speed record of 240mph has only recently been outdone by the Koenigsegg CCR and now, the Bugatti Veyron. Atkinson was in the McLaren when he crashed the car at 30mph into a woman's Rover Metro while driving along the A6 in 1999. The cost of the repairs to the £600,000 car? Around £100,000… Fortunately, the Bean movie role earned him a cool £11m alone.

He started his car collection in 1981; flush with the first fruits of stardom he bought an Aston Martin V8, his “first really nice car.” Other cars he has owned in the past include the famed Lancia Delta Integrale, Bentley Mulsanne, and more recently the MG X-Power SV. It is also believed that he holds an HGV licence. One car he won’t own is a Porsche.
"I have a problem with Porsches," he once said. "They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. Somehow, the typical Porsche people - and I wish them no ill - are not, I feel, my kind of people. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one."
He not only owns and drives nice cars, but also writes about them, in the past for "Car" magazine and more recently for "Evo".
p.s. My current profile avatar is a shot from his movie "keeping mum".

Last edited by DCEite : 21st January 2006 at 09:02.
Old 21st January 2006, 09:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

OH..!!! Great comedian....
I've seen a lot of actors who act in funny manners but damn serious and mean business in real life....Just another case where Attikson is a car freak in real life and goes about in his own way....
He owns a Mclaren F1 was news to me....
Thanks for sharing
Old 21st January 2006, 09:45   #3
Team-BHP Support

There is a short movie that he made that explores his car craze with his Mr Bean Antics

He started with driving tractors on his parents farm. Then moved onto a morris minor on the farm. Then pulled the mudguards on and drove it around the fields.

He had a Lancia Delta Integrale, A Merc E 500. Had a 911 but did not like it. He bought a Merc 600 Pullman but sold it after he found he looked ridiculous in it after seeing himself in a shop window reflection.

Does not rite much for Car now
Old 21st January 2006, 11:21   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What a coincidence, dceite! I was going to PM you after seeing Mr. Bean on your avatar. My entire family is a great fan of the show - so much that we have each and every episode of Mr. Bean in our collection for holiday viewing.

Unlike what his character may indicate, Rowan is actually a fiercely intelligent personality. I have seen some interviews of his and was stumped.

Its an art to make people laugh hard...

GTO
Old 21st January 2006, 12:33   #5
BHPian

Guys he also has a Honda NSX Type-R.
Old 21st January 2006, 13:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
My entire family is a great fan of the show - so much that we have each and every episode of Mr. Bean in our collection for holiday viewing.

GTO
Ditto here. I am a big fan of his and so is my entire family, including my 2 yr old kid. I can watch any of his episode any time, without getting bored. Truly amazing actor.
Old 21st January 2006, 14:23   #7
BHPian

Mr.Bean, hilarious guy he is! Couldnt stop laughing after seeing the movie(esp. after seeing his version of Whistler's mom's face).
He's done a great job in Johnny English...
His acting techniques are such that they make your funny bones tickle.
Old 21st January 2006, 14:32   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whats your favorite episodes:

Mine :

1. Back to School Mr. Bean
2. Going out with the Girlfriend
3. In the hospital
4. Mind the Baby
5. Blind Man at the Beach
6. New Years party at home

GTO
Old 21st January 2006, 14:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Till now i have got only 7 of them.. here is listing some outstanding ones..

1. Mind the baby
2. Mr. Bean goes to town (i love that magician scene.. simply hilarious)
3. The return of Mr.Bean (specially that shopping mall bathroom scene.. oo my god..)

BTW my Mr. Bean craze has just about started recently.. wonder how i missed it for so many years... nonetheless.. whatever be the age, Mr.Bean does not dissapoint anybody.. ;-)
Old 21st January 2006, 15:43   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Till now i have got only 7 of them..
Dceite, PM me your address. I'll send you some fabulous CDs.

GTO
Old 21st January 2006, 21:30   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Unlike what his character may indicate, Rowan is actually a fiercely intelligent personality. I have seen some interviews of his and was stumped.

Its an art to make people laugh hard...

GTO
He holds an Msc in Engineering if I am right
Old 21st January 2006, 21:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
He holds an Msc in Engineering if I am right
u mean MEng.......that' somthing intelligent.!!
Old 21st January 2006, 22:18   #13
BHPian

aah!!...Mr Bean...he`s one funny guy...sure to make you laugh hard till you have tears in your eyes...but Mr bean being car crazy...that was def news for me....wel one of my fav scene in his movie is the one where he goes shoppin for furniture....he`s sittin on his sofa..thts on his car...with a mop to accelerate..how much creative can peopl get?...lookin at it...we tend to feel like tryin it out....
Old 22nd January 2006, 00:06   #14
BHPian

I really knew he was a good driver...
He used to drive, park and brush and what not in a very controlled manner!!
LOVE HIM !!
Old 13th May 2006, 21:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Anybody knows the release date of Mr.Bean 2 (Movie)?...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks