Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2006, 02:58   #1
BHPian

The credit goes to the Team-bhp.com

Apart from the learning experience and the vast knowledge (which i got in abundance in the last one year from you guys) what team-bhp actually gave me is something priceless ..

Let me explain how ..but Shhh.. first promise me you wont have a laugh at this.

Ok ,here it goes:

There was a time when i used to literally HATE seeing my friends sitting in front of the computer and doing nothing but chatting .. I had never done it in my life and IMHO all those guys(incuding some of my friends) who used to chat to find good babes on the web were really the biggest fools i had ever come across .. I mean how could they waste so much of their time in these silly things which dont even take 10 minutes in the real world .. I mean all you need is these four letters "GUTS" in you and thats it ! No offence to anybody though.

The only thing i used to do was surf and gain knowledge about the stuffs i wanted .. So all those things kept me away from the keyboard and it was kinda non existant for me cos all the official e-mails were typd by the receptionist in my office .My job was just to tell her verbaly about the things .

Now when i started visiting this site "team-bhp.com" , i was amazed by the vast knowledge of you guys .Initially ,i was just a guest (nearly for 2 months) before i got myself registered .. Now,its not that i didnt want to register or so but again ,i didnt want to take the pain of that typing and then posting and waiting for others to reply .. TBH ,i ve always thought it as a waste of time.

But here comes the 'twist in the tail' . After visiting the site for nearly couple of months(on a regular basis) , i thought enough is enough and its high time i should get myself registered but ,the second thought that came into my mind was like what the hell ,why should i get registered (cos i was a layman and had never type a single word on the keyboard) .As i told ,the keyboard was kinda non existant for me ..

Then i thought i should go for the computer classes cos there was no way, that could restrict me from being a member of Team-bhp.com and i had never gone for the any computer course ,mainly cos my business had nothing to do with it and i was not having enough of time due to the busy schedule .
So i was like ,who the hell is gonna go for the classes ,lets start and tried doing it on my own (and let me tell you ,all the credit goes to the team-bhp.com otherwise i had never ,even in my wildest of dreams had taken the initiative) ..

I was kinda hesitant cos i knew it would take hours and hours for me to put my thoughts on paper ,which in real world dont take more than 5-10 minutes . But never the less ,i thought of giving it a try and let me tell you it was a hard time for me ,mainly cos as i said, initially i thought it was a waste of time ..

I remember ,my typing speed was so slow(its still not that great ,though) ,that while i was finding the letters on the keyboard and suddenly i was like, what the hell i was looking for i mean i mostly used to forget what i actually wanted to type due to the time consumed for typing(to find the letters) and guys you cant believe the silly errors i used to make while typing ...(i still do it ,hehe) It was hilarious.

I mean, i used to get pissed of looking for the letters on the keyboard and as a result(hey,i shoudnt be saying it ,but anyhow i feel theres no harm in sharing) ,i used to do such grammatical errors ,which even a school going boy woudnt do and i could do nothing except to laugh at myself but thanx to the feature of "edit posts", all i had to do was go back and edit those silly(school boy) errors, before anybody else could see it(i hope none of you saw it,hehe) .but then again ,the problem i used to face was that only 15 minutes(yes they were too less for a layman like me) were given to edit the post and let me tell you guys ,i used to be under immence pressure in those 15 minutes cos 12 minutes out of those were gone to find the letters on the bloody keyboard .

Hey but before you guys take a ride on me ,let me tell you i 've improved a lil (theres still a long way to go though) but it goes without saying that the credit goes to all you guys at team-bhp.com ..

Now guys ,the main reason why i am sharing this crazy and weird experience with you is cos couple of months ago i found one of the nicest friends i 've ever had.. Guess where ??? Yup while chatting online .
TBH ,i 've made hundreds of friends(i am not kidding) but never took them seriously and always took them for a ride ,but guess what, i got connected to this person online and she came out to be one of my school friends .. i mean she was simply the best person i knew and she hasnt changed a bit (i think i am going a lil off topic here ,hehe) and the first thing that came into my mind was "THANK YOU" team bhp , it woudnt 've been possible without you ..

Silly ,isnt it but pals thats the truth !

Hey ,you promised me you wont show your grin ,now dont break the promise ha .

You know what ,its really priceless when you find a true friend in todays world(i aint saying the world is bad or something ,rather i am a firm believer that if we take some crooks outa this world ,every part of this world is a heaven in its own) but i mean you really understand the difference between the better and the best when you actually taste it !

P.s I had thought of sharing this one of its own kindda experience with you guys after the 17th of feb 2006(yup ,thats when i would turn 1+ on this forum) but ,it was our republic day and am totally vela at this hour ,so thought of posting this today .

Thanx tons to all you guys out there.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th January 2006 at 06:49.
Old 27th January 2006, 06:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

A simple suggestion. Before thinking of what to put down as your thought or feeling, follow these steps:

1. Think clearly what you want to communicate.

2. Use an application like MS WORD or such. Once you’re through, copy paste the same on your post/reply/new thread.

3. Read every single line and paragraphs over and over. You’ll find a lot to correct or tinker in this way. By doing this you’ll get a tight write-up for others to read and digest.

1132 words count in your post.

All I could figure out that your interest in computers has increased. You can type a little better than before.

You got back your long lost friend.

You didn’t follow the TBHP rules by using 11 smilies.

And you thank TBHP for all these achievements.

Please do not get me wrong here. Henceforth, it’ll help us all to read your note and understand you better only if your way of expression/communication is correct.

Note: Your post has been edited for using too many smilies.
Old 27th January 2006, 09:56   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Beemer, Nice story about a "convert"! Team-BHP does some wonderful things to wonderful people.

Rudra, Thanks for editing and formating the entire post.

GTO
Old 27th January 2006, 10:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

Beemer buddy,

You have been using computers (or the keyboard!) for such a short time and i have been using them all my life and you are still one up on me!! >

I kept reading TBH as TBHP

Only after a while did i realise TBH = To Be Honest

cya
R
Old 27th January 2006, 14:24   #5
BHPian

Thanx rudra ,GTO and Rehaan .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
A simple suggestion. Before thinking of what to put down as your thought or feeling, follow these steps:

1. Think clearly what you want to communicate.

2. Use an application like MS WORD or such. Once you’re through, copy paste the same on your post/reply/new thread.

3. Read every single line and paragraphs over and over. You’ll find a lot to correct or tinker in this way. By doing this you’ll get a tight write-up for others to read and digest.
Thanx Rudra sir for the handy suggestions . The point is that if you 've a good typing speed,these errors generally dont pop up ,you could straight away put down your thoughts but my case is a lil different

Quote:
All I could figure out that your interest in computers has increased. You can type a little better than before.
Haha, yup thats true .

Quote:
You didn’t follow the TBHP rules by using 11 smilies.
Oops ,i am extremly sorry for this and thanx for deleting those smilies .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks