Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2011, 12:16   #16
BHPian

Re: My Auto Magazine collection - 3000 and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshith View Post

Sharing a few covers including some interesting mags, will upload some more images on "phoren mags" soon......
Hi Roshith,
That is an enviable collection you have got their. I do have some of these issues in my collection.
Can you help me in having access to 2 of your issues-
1. The comparison between the M1000, Contessa & the 118NE. This one should be juicy enough
2. The test drive of the CNG fitted 118NE

As the magazines have their own copyrights, we cant publish them on here. Any other way you can think of where we BHPians can read it too.
Old 6th November 2011, 12:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Trivandrum guys share some things more in common - I too have a huge collection of Auto magazines including almost all tthe h issue of Indian Auto - right from the time they started - as well as the others.
Old 6th November 2011, 13:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

Great collection mate!

I've been collecting auto-magazines for quite a while too, and have about 2000 copies, if I'm not wrong. Everything from BS Motoring, Autocar, Overdrive, Top Gear, Auto, etc. I shall take a few pictures one of these days and put it up on this thread. I particularly like the first ever 'Summer Of Speed' issue by BSM, which features hot tuned Marutis.
Old 10th January 2012, 01:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshith View Post
[/ATTACH]
Thanks a Lot Roshith, remember going through most of them pictured here

I do have a small collection of old magazines which are still very close to me.

The best one is CD100, hero moto corp should read that Ad now.
"Its the HONDA in it, that makes it a HERO"

The AD's were all tastefully done in those times and had lot of depth and heart in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Hi Roshith,
Any other way you can think of where we BHPians can read it too.
Maybe if Roshit has a scanner , he can help us by e-mailing it to individuals on their personal id's.

Keeping old mags intact for long time is challenging, hence i sincerly hope he gets them digitised as and when it is possible.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th January 2012 at 03:21. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 22:10   #20
BHPian

Great collection of automobile magazines! It felt really good to see the magazines having pictures of the 118 NE. We have a Premier 118 NE and a PPL Viceroy, hence felt nostalgic seeing those pictures.
Old 3rd October 2012, 00:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Hi Roshith,
That is an enviable collection you have got their. I do have some of these issues in my collection.
Can you help me in having access to 2 of your issues-
1. The comparison between the M1000, Contessa & the 118NE. This one should be juicy enough
2. The test drive of the CNG fitted 118NE

As the magazines have their own copyrights, we cant publish them on here. Any other way you can think of where we BHPians can read it too.
completely agree. if not on team bhp then somehow you should share these priceless gems with others who are just dying to read about these cars. i so so want to read about the contessa 1000 and ne118 comparo since i have almost 2 of these cars. please mail scans or something beacause thats perfectly legal. Will be extremly grateful
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
completely agree. if not on team bhp then somehow you should share these priceless gems with others who are just dying to read about these cars. i so so want to read about the contessa 1000 and ne118 comparo since i have almost 2 of these cars. please mail scans or something beacause thats perfectly legal. Will be extremly grateful
Hello Blower,
As per our Forum rules, Dr. Anjan cannot publish the article online. But if you want to read them I can send you by email. Dr. Anjan had sent me the article some time back so I can share with you. Just PM me your email address.

Exicted to read that you are also planning to buy the 118NE? That's great as I already got my '93 Contessa 2 months back. It is currently at the workshop for brake & suspension overhaul.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:40   #23
BHPian

Superb collection there!
Even I have a collection of Auto magazines since 1994, so I guess the no. will be in thousands but never calculated them.
The biggest problem of collecting these magazines is the space!!
Old 5th October 2012, 04:53   #24

In my opinion, you should totally open up a petrolhead library. How and where do you store your entire collection?
Old 21st January 2022, 14:12   #25
BHPian

Does anyone have the old auto india collection ( 1994 to 1999) and Autocar india (1999-2002) magazine collection they want to dispose off? I can take/ buy them from you for a reasonable price.

I believe this was the golden age when India really opened up to motoring and the magazines of that era reflect that fact. Please PM me if you have intrest in disposing them. I will pay the courier charges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks